Clippers cut Scheyer

Unfortunate news...According to Marc Spears at Yahoo! Sports.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/26876786524

The Clippers waived Stephen Dennis, Jon Scheyer and Jake Voskuhl. The Clippers training camp roster now stands at 15.
    I thought this deserved its own thread since it's new information rather than being buried in the Jon Scheyer NBA prospects thread.

Edit: more verification.

http://clipperblog.com/2010/10/09/roster-moves/
    http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bre...ws_101009.html

The Los Angeles Clippers today waived Stephen Dennis, Jon Scheyer and Jake Voskuhl. The Clippers training camp roster now stands at 15.

This makes me so angry. Jon Scheyer should absolutely be able to find a spot in the NBA. Ridiculous. Forget the NBA, it is unwatchable garbage anyway.

Sorry to hear Jon was cut. It was a great joy to watch him play for Duke.

Just my opinion, but I'd like to see Jon go overseas, perhaps to Israel, to play. He can continue to develop his game while earning good money and getting a great practical education. This certainly would not preclude the possibility of someday returning and giving the NBA another shot.

jon lost ground with the eye injury....he may go over seas and find a spot for a while, but i'm confident that he will land an nba gig...

I honestly think the NBA needs to look at how it evaluates talent. Too many athletes with potential, not enough fundamentally sound basketball players.

This really bums me out. Hopefully, Jon is not. He will get more opportunities. He just got a bad break this year with the eye injury coming at such a bad time. He lost a lot of prep time and now he has to wear special goggles to play. I really hope he makes a full recovery and makes it to the NBA as soon as possible. As great as a Euro career is these days, his dream is to make the NBA, so I want Jon to realize his dreams...

I am disappointed, but not concerned; Jon is such a fine person: he is unusually intelligent, self-effacing without being unassertive, a great teammate, a fine leader, has great integrity, and he has superb intuitive basketball savvy. Where he eventually belongs is back on our home bench in Cameron, as an assistant to -- and a potential replacement for -- Coach K. I predict a European League for a few years and then a Duke homecoming.

My son goes to high school with the son of a league GM, and has already penned the guy an email extolling Jon's virtues on the court (and noting his limitations.)

I thought that was pretty cool.

Let you know if he gets a reply.

I think Europe would be awesome for Jon if NBA doesn't work out this year. He'd likely sit on the bench on any NBA team until mop up time.

Jon can play in the very good Tel Aviv league, make bank and either get another shot at the league or maybe investigate his coaching prospects. It stinks but I won't feel too bad for him. It was more the eye injury than anything else. I bet that set him back a bit.

Talking Israel

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Jon can play in the very good Tel Aviv league, make bank and either get another shot at the league or maybe investigate his coaching prospects. It stinks but I won't feel too bad for him. It was more the eye injury than anything else. I bet that set him back a bit.
    In Israel Jon does not count against the limit on overseas players, which makes that country a likely destination.

sagegrouse
    'I would not bet on Jon entering coaching, unless it's really his dream job. His employment prospects are much better than playing "work-ups" on a college bench'