Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by striker219 View Post
    Ok, just to be clear, I really don't try to enjoy the misery of others, sometimes it just happens.

That being said, this is definitely going on the list of Why I Love 2010. Top of the list is still the National Championship followed by other 09/10 team achievements. AR commitment. K's team USA gold. Pretty much everything that has happened with Carolina basketball since January 1, from game play to transfers to recruiting to dismissals. Carolina football has been a joy. Kentucky basketball in March is on the list, and Enes Kanter could add to that. The actions of the UCONNvicts has been amusing going back to their on court outcomes last season. This is just the cherry, or at least the whipped cream. What am I forgetting?

Man, when order restores itself, it doesn't mess around.

Nice post. You asked, "what am I forgetting?" May I respectfully suggest the National Lacrosse Championship last Memorial Day. Oh, and it is great to know that you "really don't try to enjoy the misery of others."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    How could you link that article and not provide this juicy quote?

-Jason "seriously, providing a quote or context to go with a link is just good posting etiquette" Evans
    You're right, I'm wrong, on both counts.

Mea culpa.

[The above 2 lines are, I'm almost sure, actually quotations from Coach Calhoun. You'll agree that this is pretty juicy stuff. I'm trying to find the link, but it may take some time, possibly until hell freezes over.]

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Nice post. You asked, "what am I forgetting?" May I respectfully suggest the National Lacrosse Championship last Memorial Day. Oh, and it is great to know that you "really don't try to enjoy the misery of others."
    Good god, how could I forget that? Not just the championship, but the way they got there, such an awesome tournament. A coworker of mine was at the final four, staying two blocks from the stadium, and though he is a casual Carolina fan he said the whole experience was amazing.

It would be good to hear from our very own master of curt responses and resident Duke/UCon(n) fan uh_no on this subject.

I'm guessing that you have ready more than just the national media stories that have been posted here.

Update . . .

Numerous media outlets are indicating that the NCAA - UCONNvicts 12+ hour hearing has continued into Friday night, with the major issue -- and this is certainly no surprise -- a potential finding directly tied to Calhoun (and other senior UConn officials) of not fostering an atmosphere of institutional control.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    Numerous media outlets are indicating that the NCAA - UCONNvicts 12+ hour hearing has continued into Friday night, with the major issue -- and this is certainly no surprise -- a potential finding directly tied to Calhoun (and other senior UConn officials) of not fostering an atmosphere of institutional control.
    PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl easePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease
    PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl easePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease
    throw the book at him!

-Jason "time fro the NCAA to bring the hammer down on the cheaters" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Looks like it will be 4-6 weeks before we hear the NCAA's take on UConn's punishment, at least according to this article.

My favorite part of the story is this quote from Calhoun --

“You should at least leave there feeling better that you told your story,” Calhoun said.
    Maybe it is just me, but I get the impression he did not feel better coming out than he did going in

-Jason "c'mon NCAA, slap him hard!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?