View Poll Results: Who had the better BLOCK?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scheyer 2010

9 30.00%
  • Battier 2001

21 70.00%

Better Title Game Block

In spirit with the Scheyer vs Battier better tip in...which of these two players had the better title game block?

Scheyer 2010 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO7IJ59O6Jw at the 30 second mark

Battier 2001 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYBf8YMq5M at the 1 minute mark

No contest. Battier saved the ball inbound and established possession for Duke. Even Billy Packer thought it was a good play.

Billy Packer.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    In spirit with the Scheyer vs Battier better tip in...which of these two players had the better title game block?

Scheyer 2010 -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO7IJ59O6Jw at the 30 second mark

Battier 2001 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYBf8YMq5M at the 1 minute mark
    can we get a poll?
    April 1

BRILLIANT play by Battier - against an all-american point guard - and the result of the block was that Dunleavy was open for a three at the other end making it a 5 point swing (half the final margin).

Great play by Scheyer, but made possible because Shelden Mack just nonchalant'ed the layup. AND it didn't really save any points, because Butler scored on that possession anyway.

It really isn't close Battier's was better but I think the amount of effort is close based on Battier's effort to save the ball and Scheyer's effort to not give up on a play and go for a block (a la LeBron).

Probably my two favorite and most-respected Dukies of the K era, but -- without question -- Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    BRILLIANT play by Battier - against an all-american point guard - and the result of the block was that Dunleavy was open for a three at the other end making it a 5 point swing (half the final margin).

Great play by Scheyer, but made possible because Shelden Mack just nonchalant'ed the layup. AND it didn't really save any points, because Butler scored on that possession anyway.
    I voted for Scheyer, becasue after i read what you wrote which i though was wrong i went back to my dvr and watched it again. Butler did not score on the next play they went inside to Howard and he missed a baby hook. That being siad we won that game by 2 points that block could have been the difference. Now i am not saying that Shane's block was not great but we won that game by 10. Seems to me that we might have still won the game without that block. Also i am not saying that we would not have won the Butler game if not for that block just trying to make the point that i think it meant more to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    No contest. Battier saved the ball inbound and established possession for Duke. Even Billy Packer thought it was a good play.

Billy Packer.
    I would go with the Scheyer block, if only because I have a picture of the that block on my wall. Kyle had some nice blocks in the Butler game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chadlee989 View Post
    I voted for Scheyer, becasue after i read what you wrote which i though was wrong i went back to my dvr and watched it again. Butler did not score on the next play they went inside to Howard and he missed a baby hook. That being siad we won that game by 2 points that block could have been the difference. Now i am not saying that Shane's block was not great but we won that game by 10. Seems to me that we might have still won the game without that block. Also i am not saying that we would not have won the Butler game if not for that block just trying to make the point that i think it meant more to the team.
    I went with Scheyer as well, not because it was a more brilliant block, but because it was absolutely essential to establishing the tone for that game. It established that no shot . . . not even a fast break layup . . . was going to go uncontested during the game. For someone who rarely blocks shots to rush down the floor to make a play like that when most people would have conceded the layup was absolutely huge.