TWC and Today's ESPN3 Games

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but you know that today (Oct. 2), two local NC games will be shown only on ESPN3 -- East Carolina at UNC and Duke at Maryland.

Time-Warner Cable, which serves most of the area, is still unable to make ESPN3 available to its subscribers -- a month after completing its deal with Disney (which owns ESPN).

Because most of the state will thus be blacked out for these two games, Time-Warner has decided to simulcast the ECU-UNC game on Digital Channel 520.

But no simulcast of the Duke-Maryland game.

I know there are a lot more UNC and ECU fans than Duke out there, but it's still upsetting to see them take steps to appease their fans while ignoring ours. It's especially frustrating since it's their own institution incompetence that has made ESPN3 unavailable so long after their contractural differences were worked out.

It's almost enough to make you think about switching to Direct TV ...

(PS ... I could be wrong and they could also be simulcasting the Duke game, but if that's so, they haven't done a good job of publicizing it ... whereas I've seen plenty of mention of the UNC simulcast).

I have DirecTV and like it, but I don't believe they are carrying Duke--Maryland either.

Should be available on espn3.com; I saw the Duke--Elon game on espn3.com and it wasn't bad to watch.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I have DirecTV and like it, but I don't believe they are carrying Duke--Maryland either.

Should be available on espn3.com; I saw the Duke--Elon game on espn3.com and it wasn't bad to watch.
    It is on ESPN3, but as Olympicfan pointed out TWC customers don't have it yet, and won't have it until late October. I have DirecTV also...but unfortunately it will be Bob only tonight unless we find a video stream workaround.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It is on ESPN3, but as Olympicfan pointed out TWC customers don't have it yet, and won't have it until late October. I have DirecTV also...but unfortunately it will be Bob only tonight unless we find a video stream workaround.
    I guess I'm not clear on this; do you mean TWC customers who use them as an internet provider don't even get the espn3.com streaming version on the internet? Can you clarify? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    I guess I'm not clear on this; do you mean TWC customers who use them as an internet provider don't even get the espn3.com streaming version on the internet? Can you clarify? Thanks.
    Correct.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

JustinTV is a possible source for streaming video of the game. I watched a couple of Duke football games last year, while in Japan, via JustinTV.
    Bob Green

Bob, I think they usually only stream televised games (espn, raycom, fsn, etc.). Not sure I've seen them stream an espn3 (360) feed before...wish they would though...because I'm in the same boat.