Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWearsPrada View Post
    I got a text message a few minutes ago, about Austin. That is awesome!!!! Looking forward to this upcoming season!!!! And perhaps we will see Austin & Doc Rivers seating behind the Duke bench this season!!! Great news on a dreary and wet day!! Another great recruit for the Coach K and the Duke BB Staff!
    You can probably guarantee it

Austin's brother Jeremiah plays at IU. Doc was at a game last year. I'm sure they'll make it to Duke

congratulations guys. he called Roy this morning and gave him the news. the general attitude on the IC this morning is that everyone is glad that it is over. there is also a bit of backlash against the "insiders" that claimed that there was more of a chance. i still think UNC is OK without him. I think we are loaded the 2 spot. but nonetheless, would have been nice to have his talent playing for us and not against us.

Twitter

To add our newest family member:

http://twitter.com/austinrivers25

It makes me incredibly happy that he did this the day before the unc official. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    congratulations guys. he called Roy this morning and gave him the news. the general attitude on the IC this morning is that everyone is glad that it is over. there is also a bit of backlash against the "insiders" that claimed that there was more of a chance. i still think UNC is OK without him. I think we are loaded the 2 spot. but nonetheless, would have been nice to have his talent playing for us and not against us.
    Thanks for being a good sport kong. You know I'd love nothing more than to see an NBA lockout to create some Rivers/Irving vs. Barnes matchups. It is the greatest rivalry in sports, and would only intensify with a huge influx of talent.

Having said that, I hope you never get a top 100 recruit again.

Equal parts joy and relief. I couldn't have taken losing another high profile recruit at the last minute.

Thanks for the congrats, but really, loaded at the 2 spot? I don't see that at all but okay.

Thanks for being a good sport, Kong. It takes guts to come and post after losing this one and after some of the heat you have taken.

Hey, if you are up for it, I would love for you to jump into the Carolina scandal thread and give us some thoughts from the perspective of a Carolina fan. Heck, please encourage some friends to post there too. I would like to hear if Carolina fans want Davis gone and how they feel about the breaking story about Blake and the agent.

Thanks again!

-Jason "treat him nicely, fellow Dukies... no need to gloat" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    Thanks for the congrats, but really, loaded at the 2 spot? I don't see that at all but okay.
    Bullock, Strickland, McDonald, and PJ Hairston (which could be more of a 3)

I have to agree with you here. AR was definitely a recruit at a position of need for UNC, but I am sure you would have liked to have had him just because of how talented he is. Bullock, Hairston, Strickland, McDonald, I would have to agree that you are loaded at the 2 spot.

Edit: Kong, I see you beat me to the punch.
    Last edited by NSDukeFan; 09-30-2010 at 12:59 PM.

After a call to the coaches last evening, the process was fast forwarded which is refreshing in every way. No Skype, no PC, just a verbal to a school he wanted to play for. This one took patience but the writing had been on the wall since last July. Welcome to Duke to all of the Rivers family. He is now a part of "the" famly. It's a great day to be a Duke Blue Devil.

Bullock, Strickland, McDonald, and PJ Hairston (which could be more of a 3)
    Strickland and Mcdonald are backups and would not start over Rivers. I agree with you on Hairston I would think with his body he would slide over to the 3 but could also play the 2 if he had too.

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    To quote from the ABC show the Middle: "IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A DUKE FAN".

I wonder if all of this rain we are having is Kong's tears.
    To Kong's credit, he did share "insider" info but personally really believed that AR would commit to Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Kong's posts, but taunting him is beneath us. Come on guys.

Welcome to Duke, Austin Rivers!
    You are correct. I apologize for getting caught-up in the frenzy. I am sorry kong.

Awesome!

I do not post a lot, but YEHHHAAAAA!

I hope all of the whiners who posted after we lost Harrison (who, after his ridiculous Skype, I am glad went to the Tar Heels) are sucking it up.

K is a great recruiter, but this is a tough, competitive process. I am sure winning the last Olympic Gold (with the pic of ALL of the medals around his neck) and the NCAA title last year did not hurt!

ES '90, signing in from Nairobi, Kenya!

Just wanted to say YIIIIPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to DUKE Austin!!!!

**Now ending needless post.**

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    You are correct. I apologize for getting caught-up in the frenzy. I am sorry kong.
    No problem, I have tried to relay what other UNC fans were saying while tempering that info with my own opinion.

Wink Austin rivers to duke!

All over other boards. We got him!

Welcome, Austin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GDavidson View Post
    All over other boards. We got him!
    All over our board too.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    Strickland and Mcdonald are backups and would not start over Rivers. I agree with you on Hairston I would think with his body he would slide over to the 3 but could also play the 2 if he had too.
    Based on reports, nobody in college would start over Rivers. UNC looks strong on the wing next year. So does Duke for that matter. Both schools would have loved to have Austin. Fortunately it looks like it's us who gets our way.