Traveler...looks...fantastic

Despite the flashy previews, I had not made special plans to watch the sneak peak of the pilot last night, but since my wife was watching Grey's when I got home, I stayed with ABC. And I'm so glad I did. I have not been this excited about a show in many years.

The question I share with the couple of reviewers I've read is why ABC didn't have the faith in the show to make it a fall show. Maybe it's because subsequent episodes don't keep pace with the pilot. I'll certainly stick around to find out.

Maybe we could get our resident entertainment critic to post a review.

2. Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    Despite the flashy previews, I had not made special plans to watch the sneak peak of the pilot last night, but since my wife was watching Grey's when I got home, I stayed with ABC. And I'm so glad I did. I have not been this excited about a show in many years.

Maybe we could get our resident entertainment critic to post a review.
    I *think* I DVR'ed it. The promo before Lost made it look pretty good. On the other hand, my DVR is so cluttered with Scrubs reruns that it's hard to say for sure.

I too really enjoyed it. The preview for it last night caught my attention. So I quickly added it to my DVR taping schedule last night. I watched it around 11 pm and found it very interesting and good. Though I really want to know who the bell hope from the hotel really is. That he would help them escape from the hotel and then ram the police van to free them makes him seen very interesting.

Thumbs up Traveler

I too DVR'd it and finally watched it Saturday morning when my golf game was delayed until Saturday afternoon. Very good show, very promising potential. Sort of a Fugitive vs. a Linderman (Heroes) complex combination.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

So, anyone know if it will be replayed? Did they just show one episode? I looked on my TIVO and I cannot find Traveller anywhere.

-Jason "they called it a preview-- what is up with ABC launching a new show now?!?!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, anyone know if it will be replayed? Did they just show one episode? I looked on my TIVO and I cannot find Traveller anywhere.

-Jason "they called it a preview-- what is up with ABC launching a new show now?!?!" Evans
    Jason, they only showed the pilot so far. I've looked and can't find any rebroadcast for it yet. But the Pilot is up already on the ABC web site so you can watch over the net on their site.

It appears this has taken its regular spot on Wednesdays. I just caught up after DVRing the pilot and the second episode. Really enjoyed it. I like the 2 guys as well as the supporting cast. Seems to be written very well and the acting is pretty good as well. Hope they can keep it up. A fun summer series would be great.

I can't find where these 2 episodes will be aired again, but it appears you can watch the full episodes at ABC.com.

-Terri

8. Even though the promos for this show look fantastic, I refuse to watch a serial drama that was canceled before it's regular premier.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    Even though the promos for this show look fantastic, I refuse to watch a serial drama that was canceled before it's regular premier.

Wait it was canceled already? Where was this posted? Damn I hate when I start getting into a show and then they cancel it. If I'd known this I probably wouldn't have bothered trying it out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Wait it was canceled already? Where was this posted? Damn I hate when I start getting into a show and then they cancel it. If I'd known this I probably wouldn't have bothered trying it out.
    ABC ran a special premier after Grey's Anatomy earlier this year and it did badly in the ratings. After that, they decided not to pick it up for next year and just run the episodes they had already ordered over the summer. Pretty lame on the network's part.

Bad comparison

ABC ran a special premier after Grey's Anatomy earlier this year and it did badly in the ratings. After that, they decided not to pick it up for next year and just run the episodes they had already ordered over the summer. Pretty lame on the network's part.
    Have the ABC execs never taken a class on market measurement? How can they compare the oranges of how an unadvertised, out of cycle, new show would do, with the apples of how it might do with a summers' worth of advertising at the known "start of season"?

I personally thought it looked interesting, on the brief mentions I saw of it during GA, but b/c they said it was only a pilot, I didn't watch it (didn't want to get invested.) I would have watched it in the September timeframe.

Okay tks, I did see the Pilot after GA and was impressed with the show. I see a lot of potential in it but sadly as usual the Network Programmers are smarter then we are.

Will networks never learn

Wasn't it NBC that canceled the original Star Trek after one season, only to create such an uproar that, well, you know what happened. And happened, and happened and happened...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com