Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Absolutely agree about Jason being an earlier version of Rose had the accident not happened. I know that's lofty praise for a guy that only had one season of NBA play, but all the tools were there. People who didn't follow the Bulls closely that year don't realize just how much Jason was being held back by the august coaching wiz (Please note the sarcasm) known as Bill Cartwright. I distinctly remember watching one game that year when Bill wasn't coaching (can't remember why) and the assistant coach allowed Jason to run pick and rolls all night and he went off for 30+ points. He might have had a triple-double that night as well. I just remember that being an incredible night for him and it was not a coincidence that it was while Cartwright was not coaching.
    Against the New Jersey Nets, I don't remember who was coaching, but Jason blew up to the tune of 26pts, 14reb, 13ast. Watched that game, I was like -- superstar in the making.

Deng the Iron Man

I thought folks might enjoy reading some of this article from Yahoo's NBA blog. It talks about how physical and intense the Bulls-Pacers series has been, but the part people will enjoy is the effusive praise heaped upon Luol Deng.

The weariest of all the Bulls would have to be do-it-all forward Luol Deng, who was an all-around terror with 21 points, six boards and six assists. Deng couldn't add to any of those numbers in the fourth quarter, however, as he was clearly pained and fatigued from playing each and every minute of the first three quarters of the game. Though Deng's effort never let up, he was constantly grabbing at his shorts and hips throughout the second half and collapsing into the Bulls bench at every timeout.
    Luol is averaging 42 minutes per game in the post-season. As much as Rose runs the offense and grabs all the headlines, Deng is the glue that holds the team together in so many different ways. He has turned into the stud that everyone** knew he would be when he left Duke.

--Jason "**- except Billy Knight, the stupidest GM in NBA history... Josh Childress instead of Deng... really?!@?!?!?!" Evans

(-- note, the above post can also be found in the NBA playoff thread... I was not sure where it belonged more so I put it in both threads --)
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The stupidest GM in history has to be the guy who spent a #1 pick on Kwame Brown.

...and, as I recall, he still plays for him!