Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53
  1. #21
    Well, if Nucky didn't save Jimmy, I guess he sent him to heaven.
    Margaret's signature was a good surprise.
    Profoundly tired of Jimmy's mother (a good actress nonetheless) but I wonder if Luciano is going to be supplying her with smack next season.

  2. #22
    Husband of weezie thinks Margaret is pregnant (by Owen Slater) and signed the deed because she knows Nucky will think that baby is his own.

  3. #23
    Now that would be an interesting twist - if Season 3 does jump ahead 16 months, she'd have had the baby by the time the story picks back up, and the paternity would be an ongoing question.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    Now that would be an interesting twist - if Season 3 does jump ahead 16 months, she'd have had the baby by the time the story picks back up, and the paternity would be an ongoing question.
    Maybe this is obvious, but one of my favorite parts of the show, as compared to every other crime show at the 10pm time slot, is the time period. Forcing someone to write their own suicide note at gun point and then offing them without worrying about gun angles, bullet trajectories, or DNA evidence, for example, is a relief and makes the show that much more enjoyable for me.
    Rich
    Cameron Crazies Do Not Storm The Court

  5. #25
    Okay, another fall tv bit...

    Anyone watching Boardwalk? After a very mediocre last season up until the last few episodes, this season has been great! The last episode, the scenes with Capone and his son literally had my wife and I tearing up (we have a new little boy so everything we see we just imagine happening to him... Give us a break, we are tired.) The new gangster from NY is a nut job and dangerous, the Irish guy is charming as ever, and Nucky is just mo and more ruthless... The show is just so solid right now.

    Anyone else keeping up?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Okay, another fall tv bit...

    Anyone watching Boardwalk? After a very mediocre last season up until the last few episodes, this season has been great! The last episode, the scenes with Capone and his son literally had my wife and I tearing up (we have a new little boy so everything we see we just imagine happening to him... Give us a break, we are tired.) The new gangster from NY is a nut job and dangerous, the Irish guy is charming as ever, and Nucky is just mo and more ruthless... The show is just so solid right now.

    Anyone else keeping up?
    It's one of my two favorite shows on right now, along with Homeland. I never get to watch on Sunday night so they're my weekday guilty pleasure when my wife hits the hay at 10pm.
    Rich
    Cameron Crazies Do Not Storm The Court

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Okay, another fall tv bit...

    Anyone watching Boardwalk?

    Anyone else keeping up?
    I'm about two eps behind right now but have been loving the new season. S1 and S2 were both very good but IMO were slow builds. You had to sit through a lot of the (at times) tedious bootlegging business details while they set up the major conflicts that drove the plot. This year they've really hit the ground running.

    It helps that both of the major new characters (Gyp and Billie) are awesome. Gyp being offended that someone wished him good luck was fantastic.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I'm about two eps behind right now but have been loving the new season. S1 and S2 were both very good but IMO were slow builds. You had to sit through a lot of the (at times) tedious bootlegging business details while they set up the major conflicts that drove the plot. This year they've really hit the ground running.

    It helps that both of the major new characters (Gyp and Billie) are awesome. Gyp being offended that someone wished him good luck was fantastic.
    I'm enjoying this season tremendously, but find myself not caring the slightest about Nucky's relationship with Billie. I think my problem is that I like Nucky in control, and he's acting like a ridiculous schoolboy over Billie, and I find myself getting irritated by him. I assume he'll have to make some decision between her and his business, and his business will win, before the season is over.

    Gyp is awesome as a fairly ferocious antagonist. Seeing how Nucky will deal with a guy who wants a bare-knuckles brawl and is willing to bring it to Nucky's door will be interesting.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  9. #29
    Glad others are watching!

    Yeah, Gyp is a dangerous man. From his first scene up to (be it judgmental or not) his proclivities in bed you just know he is a sick man. Plus I am glad that we finally have another gangster who can die, because at this point almost everyone is a historical figure who has a destiny already set!

    I was shocked at the kid thief being killed, in a way (although when Nuck offered him the cig I suddenly thought it was over...). Nucky has become a very hard man.

    Also love the storyline of the women's education class, especially the little move between the head doctor and the cardinal... She is a great manipulator!

    And I can't wait for the former federal marshal to go pure bad guy... He'll make a great mobster. I feel like he would just bury someone like Lucky L.

    So yeah... Great season so far, I think.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Glad others are watching!

    Yeah, Gyp is a dangerous man. From his first scene up to (be it judgmental or not) his proclivities in bed you just know he is a sick man. Plus I am glad that we finally have another gangster who can die, because at this point almost everyone is a historical figure who has a destiny already set!

    I was shocked at the kid thief being killed, in a way (although when Nuck offered him the cig I suddenly thought it was over...). Nucky has become a very hard man.

    Also love the storyline of the women's education class, especially the little move between the head doctor and the cardinal... She is a great manipulator!

    And I can't wait for the former federal marshal to go pure bad guy... He'll make a great mobster. I feel like he would just bury someone like Lucky L.

    So yeah... Great season so far, I think.
    Al Capone's storyline has also been a favorite through all 3 seasons, this season as much as any, although I feel like I never get quite enough of him. We know how Al ends up, and he's a bad man, but I love the side of him they've developed as a protective father.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  11. #31
    Dave... I have a little boy myself (turning one on Sunday... I'll post a photo of his super great gift) and I straight up got a touch weepy with the Capone/son scene. And I don't cry.

  12. #32
    Man... Gillian is just completely insane. She might be the craziest character on the show, and this is a show that includes Teddy, Agent Val Alden, and Agent Van Alden's crazy new wife...

  13. #33
    Hey, is anyone still watching Boardwalk? Holy HELL the show is GREAT!

    The first 2/3rds of last season was very blah. It ended fantastic, but was slow. But this season has been GREAT. Lots of great sub-plots, lots of great individual episodes (the one where Nuck and Owen were in the basement with that bootlegger kid?) and now... yikes.

    It was really damn satisfying to see the quartet of Nucky, Richard, Chalky, and Capone let it all hang out. If you watch the show you've ESPECIALLY been waiting for Chalky and Capone to kick some ***, and I've been calling Richard going all Angel-of-Death for the entire season... and guess he does. I am predicting he kills Roscetti.

    GREAT season; one of the better individual seasons in a show in a while. Anyone else watching?

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Hey, is anyone still watching Boardwalk? Holy HELL the show is GREAT!

    The first 2/3rds of last season was very blah. It ended fantastic, but was slow. But this season has been GREAT. Lots of great sub-plots, lots of great individual episodes (the one where Nuck and Owen were in the basement with that bootlegger kid?) and now... yikes.

    It was really damn satisfying to see the quartet of Nucky, Richard, Chalky, and Capone let it all hang out. If you watch the show you've ESPECIALLY been waiting for Chalky and Capone to kick some ***, and I've been calling Richard going all Angel-of-Death for the entire season... and guess he does. I am predicting he kills Roscetti.

    GREAT season; one of the better individual seasons in a show in a while. Anyone else watching?
    Totally agree, Ash. The addition of the Gyp character has really been great for the show. Too bad they're probably going to off him during next week's finale. Can't wait for it - wish it was a 2 hour episode.
    Rich
    Cameron Crazies Do Not Storm The Court

  15. #35
    I came back around and agree that the last three weeks of the show are the best it's ever been. Seeing Capone emerge from that shotgun holding crowd was spectacular.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The City of Brotherly Love
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I came back around and agree that the last three weeks of the show are the best it's ever been. Seeing Capone emerge from that shotgun holding crowd was spectacular.
    Gonna be a war in Sunday's finale.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Gonna be a war in Sunday's finale.
    Absolutely geeked up for the finale. I've been wanting to see Capone cut loose, along with Chalky. It'll be interesting to see what Eli had to promise Capone to get him to go to war with Nucky against a NY Sicilian mobster.

    I'm predicting that Richard doesn't kill Gyp. I think Richard's going to kill whichever of Gyp's men are in the brothel, kill Gillian Darmody (who went off the deep end and became truly evil when she seduced and murdered the young guy) and take Jimmy's son out of there. Sort of a lethal DSS move.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  18. #38
    My wife has the theory that Gyp has to die because he is simply too unstable a character to have around a show as more than a single-season storyline sort of thing. I am torn; I agree, but at the same time the actor has done a GREAT job; he just OOZES danger and that murderous charm. So many disturbing moments with him. The thing is... we are down to only a couple of non-historic characters who CAN die. We know that most of these guys have to live for a while longer. Roscetti was brought in, I think, to be a character who can die, since he isn't historical... and I think he'll go this season.

    Dave, I just have been thinking that Richard will have to kill someone with his rifle... he was a sniper in The Great War, and we'll go back to that. We already know (from the previews) that he clearly goes Punisher-style on the house... but maybe he won't get Gyp. Can't wait to find out

    And yeah... the guy who plays Capone is just fun to watch, and of course everyone loves Omar... I think giving these two bigger parts will pay off, as they are both actors (and characters) that we love to watch. The wife and I were practically cheering when Capone showed up in that scene. I really also liked how Johnny T. sort of started turning the reins over to Capone.

    Dave, you think Gillian dies? Woof that would be a loss, but if they will kill Jimmy, is anyone really safe?

    Oh.. and no notice of Van Alden. What's up with that? Is he out of the gangster world?

    Great stuff. As good a season, as I said, as any I can remember recently on TV.
    Last edited by Lord Ash; 11-30-2012 at 11:14 AM.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    My wife has the theory that Gyp has to die because he is simply too unstable a character to have around a show as more than a single-season storyline sort of thing. I am torn; I agree, but at the same time the actor has done a GREAT job; he just OOZES danger and that murderous charm. So many disturbing moments with him. The thing is... we are down to only a couple of non-historic characters who CAN die. We know that most of these guys have to live for a while longer. Roscetti was brought in, I think, to be a character who can die, since he isn't historical... and I think he'll go this season..
    Absolutely agree that Gyp has to die. His reason to be this season was to push the envelop on both the violence and Nucky's gangster side. He's the kind of guy that pushes the confrontation to a decisive conclusion. And, in this case, that conclusion will be his death. But I think it'll be Al or Chalky that kills him. Gyp's going down in a violent last stand.

    The reason I think Richard will kill Gillian is that she is the person who is really the focus of his conflict right now. He clearly cares about Jimmy's son, and the only reason for him to go back into the brothel at all, now that Gillian has thrown him out, will be to rescue that boy from being raised by a clearly unstable woman. And Gillian isn't going to let Jimmy's son in any way other than over her dead body.
    Brian Zoubek on what was going through his mind walking to the free throw line with 3.6 seconds remaining in the 2010 National Championship game and Duke up by 1: "Fifty percent [of me is] thinking, This is what I've been dreaming of doing my entire life. Fifty percent I'm crapping my pants."

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Absolutely agree that Gyp has to die. His reason to be this season was to push the envelop on both the violence and Nucky's gangster side. He's the kind of guy that pushes the confrontation to a decisive conclusion. And, in this case, that conclusion will be his death. But I think it'll be Al or Chalky that kills him. Gyp's going down in a violent last stand.

    The reason I think Richard will kill Gillian is that she is the person who is really the focus of his conflict right now. He clearly cares about Jimmy's son, and the only reason for him to go back into the brothel at all, now that Gillian has thrown him out, will be to rescue that boy from being raised by a clearly unstable woman. And Gillian isn't going to let Jimmy's son in any way other than over her dead body.
    Yeah, Gyp's got to go. He got to be too cartoonish for a bit (Rev War hat), but they've dialed that back some. He was good last week. Next year is setting up to be really good too. If you look at what happens to a lot of the ancillary real life characters in 1925, things really start to go down. Some of those "names" in Nucky's meeting a few weeks ago (Lonergan, Frankie Yale, etc.) may get pulled in too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •