Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/276...rd-leaves-game

Wonder how the Rams feel about the decision to cut Lewis now. Sure hope the injury to Bradford isn't a bad one.
    I feel just as bad about it, 'cuz I would love to see Thad get his chance in the NFL. For those of you waiting for Duke to win eight games (or whatever) a year before you commit to watching a game in person, you really missed out - Thad's improvement in four years at Duke, game by game, was one of the very good things I've been party to seeing as a Duke fan. He has the intangible thingys going for him, too. And nobody questions his toughness.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/276...rd-leaves-game

Wonder how the Rams feel about the decision to cut Lewis now. Sure hope the injury to Bradford isn't a bad one.
    SJ39 is all busted up too, and it sounds like he's less likely to play than Bradford. I may be adding Cadillac to the end of my bench in some fantasy leagues.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Dusting off an old thread here, because I wanted to highlight an article about my second favorite Duke quarterback (after Ben Bennett). Thad is still generating some positive press in Cleveland: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-quarterback/ .

I have nothing more to add about Thad that I didn't say earlier in the thread, but it would really be nice for him to someday get a chance to show what he's got in a regular-season game. Good luck, Thad!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    Dusting off an old thread here, because I wanted to highlight an article about my second favorite Duke quarterback (after Ben Bennett). Thad is still generating some positive press in Cleveland: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-quarterback/ .
    Well I am confused. I saw this yesterday and looked into it. He did pretty well in the preseason opener against Detroit and this article came out shortly after that game. However, according to the boxscores he didn't play in the next 2 preseason games. I don't see any news of him being hurt. Wallace and McCoy continue to play even though the article indicated that one of them could be dropped to make room for Thad. If they were interested in keeping him, I would think they would be playing him. Anyone with more insight?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Well I am confused. I saw this yesterday and looked into it. He did pretty well in the preseason opener against Detroit and this article came out shortly after that game. However, according to the boxscores he didn't play in the next 2 preseason games. I don't see any news of him being hurt. Wallace and McCoy continue to play even though the article indicated that one of them could be dropped to make room for Thad. If they were interested in keeping him, I would think they would be playing him. Anyone with more insight?
    I've noticed the same. I do bet he gets significant playing time in the last game since the starters usually are kept out.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think this is a case similar to VY in Buffalo or Trent Edwards in Philadelphia where the team needs a true backup QB and uses the 3rd QB on a young QB they can develop. They think they can develop Thad and if they cut him risk losing him meanwhile, you only really need one veteran backup and in case of injury, you can always go out and get another veteran QB like VY or the loser of the Wallace/McCoy battle who will be out of a job soon. So it is a bit unfortunate he isn't getting snaps but he should be fairly safe in a job assuming they want to keep working with him.

Thad will stay a Cleveland Brown

As both a serious Duke and Browns fan, I can tell you Shurmer is very high on Thad, having coached him in St. Louis his rookie season and knows what Thad brings to the table, hence not needing to see him in game action during the preseason. In-fact, Lewis played well in the 1st preseason game against Detroit, leading the Browns back to win the game with 2 scoring drives in the 4th quarter. After the game, Pat Shurmer praised Thad's ability to play without a moment's notice and excell. Thad's contract is obviously modest and Shurmer believes in his potential to grow, so look for the Browns to either trade McCoy(higher trade value than Wallace) or cut/trade Seneca Wallace($3 million contract this year) and keep Thad as the developmental 3rd string.

THE SEASON'S SHORT SO BARK HARD!... GO BROWNS!!!

Should he make the team, as seems likely, Thad will earn something like $435,000 this season. I am not sure, but I would imagine he has made well over $1 million in his short, sideline-filled NFL career so far. It may not be a fortune that will allow him to never work another day in his life, but even if his NFL career never includes a single meaningful snap, he will have a great head start on whatever life brings him next.

-Jason "that said, I know he has worked his butt off and I'd love to see him get a chance to show the world what he can do some time" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Should he make the team, as seems likely, Thad will earn something like $435,000 this season.
    Which is another reason Cleveland is likely to keep him vs. one of the other two options...Thad is the cheapest.

I mean the one with the most value!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

McCoy is starting, Weeden will sit, and Lewis and Wallace will play. No idea how long Thad will get, but there is is this...
    Thad Lewis took the majority of reps, which means he'll probably get plenty of playing time against the Bears
    http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten...html?nav=5024

This may be old news but I didn't see it posted.

Thad did play in Cleveland's final preseason game. He was an unimpressive 4/9 passing for 56 yds and an INT. He also ran the ball 3 times for 23 yds.

The Browns did cut Seneca Wallace though, leaving Thad as the 3rd string QB.

Thad did play in Cleveland's final preseason game. He was an unimpressive 4/9 passing for 56 yds and an INT. He also ran the ball 3 times for 23 yds.
    Sounds no worse than Tebow!