Only 4 More Weeks!

Just realized we have 4 more weeks until we begin defending our title!!! Let the fun begin!

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Just realized we have 4 more weeks until we begin defending our title!!! Let the fun begin!
    I'm excited about the upcoming season as well. However, I've never liked the term "defending".

The 10-11 squad is a different team from the 09-10 team (Freshman Trio arrival and departure of Scheyer, Zoubs and Thomas). The teams they will face are also different.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I'm excited about the upcoming season as well. However, I've never liked the term "defending".

The 10-11 squad is a different team from the 09-10 team (Freshman Trio arrival and departure of Scheyer, Zoubs and Thomas). The teams they will face are also different.
    Okay I agree with your point. Does continuing our title work better?

CAN'T tick tick tick tick WAIT tick tick tick tick

Quote Originally Posted by PADukeMom View Post
    Okay I agree with your point. Does continuing our title work better?
    No, we are pursuing a new title. The ones we have we will keep forever.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    No, we are pursuing a new title. The ones we have we will keep forever.
    This should be cited...Its Coach K's exact words

I can't wait, too. However, in 2010 it is really WONDERFUL to enjoy Duke football and to respect our program's progress, while we await Midnight Madness. I suspect, like SO many others, early-September through early-November has traditionally been a time for "it's only three weeks until ... ." Not anymore -- and this will improve every foreseeable year -- because Coach Cut is fundamentally improving the FOUNDATIONS of Duke Football, and he is doing it in the absolutely correct way: progressively, retaining academic and ethical emphasis, with solid recruiting and great teaching, and with concern for all the "externalities" (fan base, facilities, student enthusiasm, media coverage, and so forth) that necessarily enhance on-field performance. Duke is now blessed with many great coaches and coaching staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4decadedukie View Post
    I can't wait, too. However, in 2010 it is really WONDERFUL to enjoy Duke football and to respect our program's progress, while we await Midnight Madness. I suspect, like SO many others, early-September through early-November has traditionally been a time for "it's only three weeks until ... ." Not anymore -- and this will improve every foreseeable year -- because Coach Cut is fundamentally improving the FOUNDATIONS of Duke Football, and he is doing it in the absolutely correct way: progressively, retaining academic and ethical emphasis, with solid recruiting and great teaching, and with concern for all the "externalities" (fan base, facilities, student enthusiasm, media coverage, and so forth) that necessarily enhance on-field performance. Duke is now blessed with many great coaches and coaching staffs.
    4DD: I envy your enthusiasm for the football program. You truly deserve the title "FAN."

I was that way with the Basketball program, and for the Steelers (since the late 60s and early 70s), the Penguins, the Pistons, and, I am almost ashamed to say, the Lions (since the early 80s). You are paying the dues that bear such sweet fruit later on. I can't explain why I can't yet jump on the Duke football bandwagon - but I hope you keep that hand out when the program really starts rolling.

As for all of you jumping on the OP for the "defending" the title remark (it was my reaction upon reading it too): it is good to see the kool-aid shipments have arrived, it looks like y'all have been drinking long and deeply. I can see the boards for rival schools commenting on us programmed automatrons. But how often has it happened that a team loses THREE starters and comes back the favorite for the next year?