Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Don't be. The only surprise was seeing Chop Block U take cheap shots at offensive players as well as defenders.
    I watched the game on the wide screen, so you can only see so many of the cheap shots and chop blocks. This is something that not many folks realize about Wake Forest and Grobe. If you talk to Duke footballers who say played in the 2005 game, Wake dove at every D lineman's knees and shins with cut blocks. These hurt like crazy and cause injuries. It got so bad that the Conference office had to request Wake to stop doing this. Wake even went for Renfree's knees on late hits, cheap shots. To me this was very transparent.

I think they will have a tougher go of it against Stanford on Saturday with PAC 10 officials. The ACC officials last Saturday let Wake get away with murder.

Back to the Duke game. We just dont have enough talent at linebacker and in the secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by formerdukeathlete View Post
    I watched the game on the wide screen, so you can only see so many of the cheap shots and chop blocks. This is something that not many folks realize about Wake Forest and Grobe. If you talk to Duke footballers who say played in the 2005 game, Wake dove at every D lineman's knees and shins with cut blocks. These hurt like crazy and cause injuries. It got so bad that the Conference office had to request Wake to stop doing this. Wake even went for Renfree's knees on late hits, cheap shots. To me this was very transparent.

I think they will have a tougher go of it against Stanford on Saturday with PAC 10 officials. The ACC officials last Saturday let Wake get away with murder.

Back to the Duke game. We just dont have enough talent at linebacker and in the secondary.
    I'm not sure anyone has the depth of talent as Alabama does this year. Have to play smarter, and out-execute. Cut says that we've practiced better than we've played. We need to bring that if we want to have a shot at this.

Shame we couldn't score 68 on the Deacs. Or even 58.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Shame we couldn't score 68 on the Deacs. Or even 58.
    Interesting that today so much is being made of the outcome of the Duke - Alabama game, but little is being said about the shellacking that Wake took.... Stanford 68, Wake 24. ... and Wake wasn't even playing the #1 team. Wake lost by 44; Duke, by 49.