Amazing Race Preview and a Brutal Watermelon Attack

Upcoming sneak peek at the Amazing Race, featuring a giant slingshot challenge gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Full disclosure: I'm sure this was incredibly painful, but I cannot help myself from watching again and again. And laughing the whole time. Guilty laughter, but laughter nonetheless.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Big time OUCH! Wonder if she broke anything. Still not quite sure how that happened.

Ouch. That looks exceedingly painful, and she is lucky she wasn't really hurt. Seems like the melon somehow got stuck in the "basket" of the sling (I know that is not what it is called, but I don't know what it IS called) and just came back at her. Ouch.

I really enjoy Amazing Race

It kind of looks like it takes her head off, but it's just the melon exploding. I have no idea how she was not more seriously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    It kind of looks like it takes her head off, but it's just the melon exploding. I have no idea how she was not more seriously injured.
    I don't believe it's possible for the watermelon to "explode" without doing more damage to her. I think it's a stunt to increase viewers.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    I like the premise of the amazing race and have watched a number of seasons but think that the show relies too much on travel as the deciding factor in who wins. There was a show called national treasure that was on a few years ago (NBC i think) that seemed better to me as it had more puzzles and challenging things to do to advance thru the show. but it only made it one season.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Upcoming sneak peek at the Amazing Race, featuring a giant slingshot challenge gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Full disclosure: I'm sure this was incredibly painful, but I cannot help myself from watching again and again. And laughing the whole time. Guilty laughter, but laughter nonetheless.
    You are not alone in watching, pointing and laughing!

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I like the premise of the amazing race and have watched a number of seasons but think that the show relies too much on travel as the deciding factor in who wins. There was a show called national treasure that was on a few years ago (NBC i think) that seemed better to me as it had more puzzles and challenging things to do to advance thru the show. but it only made it one season.
    Once upon a time, travel wasn't part of it at all -- and the idiots could keep up with the brainiacs because all flights would arrive between 1nad 5 hours before the next challenge even started.

Now, the travel - and ability to read maps, get around a town without relying on the taxi driver knowing everything - is part of the game - that's better.

As for Treasure Quest, I loved the show, but what you describe as "good tv" I think of as the fatal flaw that killed the show - and almost made me stop watching.

The 3 Arkansas-ites holding the 2 gerry cans left with a real clue waiting for the next team to show up - and blackmail them into solving the puzzle - that was when the show's logistics needed a major real-time re-write - and those morons should have been given a giant penalty.