Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Time-Warner adds ESPN3

This came up in another thread, but I think it deserves its own. The new deal between Time-Warner and Disney will make ESPN3 available to all TW customers:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Time-W...&asset=&ccode=

It's a pretty big deal in that a lot of ACC sports will only be available on ESPN3 -- including the Duke-Elon game Saturday. That's the only Duke football game currently on the on-line site, but I'm sure that several of our later games will be there (right now, the Wake game is on Raycom, the Alabama game is ABC regional, and the Navy game is on CBS College Sports ... the other eight are unassigned).

Not as big a deal for basketball. Right now, it looks like the Colgate game is the only one on ESPN3. But several games are listed as Raycom -- I wonder if they will also be on ESPN3 so that people not in the ACC area can access them?

And what about Duke at Oregon? No TV at the moment -- I think that might be the first game in three years or so without TV of any kind. Could that be a late ESPN3.

I checked this morning in my NYC Apartment with TWC, and I don't have ESPN3 yet. I'm hoping it'll be available for tomorrow's game, but i suspect they won't give access till next week.

Which sucks.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Not as big a deal for basketball. Right now, it looks like the Colgate game is the only one on ESPN3. But several games are listed as Raycom -- I wonder if they will also be on ESPN3 so that people not in the ACC area can access them?

And what about Duke at Oregon? No TV at the moment -- I think that might be the first game in three years or so without TV of any kind. Could that be a late ESPN3.
    Where do you see several Raycom games for basketball? The only game that I see that is on Raycom only is the BC game. Last year, the NCST game was only on Raycom and they did put it on ESPN3, but I think it was blacked out in ACC markets where it was on TV.

As for Duke/Oregon, the .pdf schedule that Blue Planet put out listed it as TBD, not blank. I can't imagine that a non conference game between two BCS conference teams, even if one isn't that good, won't be picked up. I'm just speculating, but maybe there is a question as to who would get first rights to that game between ESPN and FSN since it is a ACC/Pac-10 game that doesn't fall under the umbrella of any official event and it is technically a neutral court game.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Edited. I can't read...

YES!!!! This is going to be huge for countless basketball games this season too that start on espn3 while some other game on ESPN is running long.

I'm Waiting for ESPN 8

"The Ocho"

How about Roadrunner ISP customers?

Any word on whether ESPN3 will be available to T-W Roadrunner ISP customers as part of this agreement?

Sweet, I was ecstatic to hear that Xbox LIVE streamed full hd college basketball on espn for free. Imagine my disappointment when I learned TW didn't have ESPN3. I know get to watch Kyrie break some ankles in full HD.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBlue View Post
    Any word on whether ESPN3 will be available to T-W Roadrunner ISP customers as part of this agreement?
    There's more info from Time Warner here. The relevant quote:
    The addition of ESPN3.com, ESPN's live sports broadband network, which will be available to all Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks subscribers who get ESPN. ESPN3.com gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks fans a 24/7 online destination that delivers more than 3,500 live, global sports events annually as part of TV Everywhere. This addition also gives Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks the rights to feature cleared content from ESPN3.com on its sports tier.
    Also on that page (emphasis mine):
    Expanded VOD services in many markets will include: ... Locally relevant sports content from ESPN in several Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks markets, including Los Angeles, New York, North and South Carolina, Tampa, Orlando, Texas and Ohio.
    This could be very promising...

Unfortunately, ESPN3.com access likely will not be available fro this Saturday's game. You know what that means, come out to Wallace Wade!

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/busine...csu-duke-games

I'm hoping for MASN by the time Strasburg returns in 2012.

If you're out of state and a TWC customer, it might be worth searching justintv.com on the day of the game for a stream. Can't promise anything, but it's probably your only shot at a video feed...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    If you're out of state and a TWC customer, it might be worth searching justintv.com on the day of the game for a stream. Can't promise anything, but it's probably your only shot at a video feed...
    I watched a couple of times last season via justintv.com but I'm very happy right now because I just discovered my cable company/ISP here in Washington State (Comcast) provides access to ESPN3 so I will be able to watch the game tomorrow. I just watched a minute or two of the Villanova vs Temple game to test my ability to access ESPN3.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I watched a couple of times last season via justintv.com but I'm very happy right now because I just discovered my cable company/ISP here in Washington State (Comcast) provides access to ESPN3 so I will be able to watch the game tomorrow. I just watched a minute or two of the Villanova vs Temple game to test my ability to access ESPN3.
    Nice! One nice feature of ESPN3 compared to a streaming site like that (besides the improved feed and the reliable broadcasts) is that you can replay games later if, god forbid, you have other plans that take precedent at game time.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Nice! One nice feature of ESPN3 compared to a streaming site like that (besides the improved feed and the reliable broadcasts) is that you can replay games later if, god forbid, you have other plans that take precedent at game time.
    That's very cool..I didn't know that. I'll be at the game so wasn't worried about missing it, but that will be pretty cool to come home after my 3 hour drive back and get to experience it later. (As long as we win...)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    I checked this morning in my NYC Apartment with TWC, and I don't have ESPN3 yet. I'm hoping it'll be available for tomorrow's game, but i suspect they won't give access till next week.

Which sucks.
    I spoke to Time Warner earlier today. In SoCal, ESPN3 becomes available on September 18.

No TV for the Oregon game? Guess it's a good thing I am getting tickets.

TWC customers are also getting an exclusive (along with Brighthouse) on the brand new ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater channels. This sound pretty cool, think NFL Red Zone but for college football and basketball. The TWC people out here will have to let me how it looks.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoster View Post
    "The Ocho"
    We're nearly there, as it is:

1. ESPN
    2. ESPN2
    3. ESPNews
    4. ESPN Classic
    5. ESPNU
    6. ESPN3

If you count ESPNplus, that makes 7.

we got it in uverse...

it's not 360.com...had some issues with starting and stopping...

it's no slingbox either

Comcast

Anyone know if Comcast has any changes coming in the near future? These channels that are coming to TW are making me kind of jealous...