Disney and Time Warner

So here we are, 3 days from Disney blacking out ABC, Disney, and ESPN on Time Warner. While neither company has particularly endeared me with their tactics during the negotiation, I will be prepared to tell T/W to pound sand - and turn on DirecTV.

I'm less concerned about T/W desiring to have a 1000% return on their costs. Rather I am infuriated that they will not allow ESPN3.com across the ISP.

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    So here we are, 3 days from Disney blacking out ABC, Disney, and ESPN on Time Warner. While neither company has particularly endeared me with their tactics during the negotiation, I will be prepared to tell T/W to pound sand - and turn on DirecTV.

I'm less concerned about T/W desiring to have a 1000% return on their costs. Rather I am infuriated that they will not allow ESPN3.com across the ISP.
    John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal said today that the deal will get done and only details are being worked out at this point. According to his sources ESPN3 will be included in the deal to TWC broadband subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    John Ourand of the Sports Business Journal said today that the deal will get done and only details are being worked out at this point. According to his sources ESPN3 will be included in the deal to TWC broadband subscribers.
    Excellent - glad to hear it. ESPN3 is a must have, especially in football season where our games aren't necessarily on TV at all, they are on ESPN3.