ESPNU joins TampaBay Bright House at no charge

Good news for College basketball fans in FL in today's St. Petersburg Times. ESPNU joins TampaBay Bright House at no charge. Perhaps other cable networks will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Good news for College basketball fans in FL in today's St. Petersburg Times. ESPNU joins TampaBay Bright House at no charge. Perhaps other cable networks will follow suit.

Splendid news! We didn't receive ESPN2-HD through BrightHouse in Tampa until very recently, so it's good to see them expanding the sports programming channel lineup before the next football and basketball seasons arrive.

Sorry if I'm a little slow, but what does this mean for people outside the Tampa area. Up here in Cleveland, we had ESPNU until about a year ago, and then they took it away. This channel was by far my favorite channel on TV during the summer when there was no basketball or football, so I really do hope they bring it back in other areas of the country. I envy you guys down in Tampa

PS - If I'm not mistaken, they don't even offer ESPNU in the triangle area, at least they didn't while I was at Duke. That's a dumb idea if I've ever heard one. Raleigh-Durham is the heart of ACC country and the area has 3 MAJOR colleges with Wake not too far away. If there is one area of the country that should have the channel, it's the triangle area.

Arrow TWC in the Triangle

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    PS - If I'm not mistaken, they don't even offer ESPNU in the triangle area, at least they didn't while I was at Duke. That's a dumb idea if I've ever heard one. Raleigh-Durham is the heart of ACC country and the area has 3 MAJOR colleges with Wake not too far away. If there is one area of the country that should have the channel, it's the triangle area.
    We get it starting soon, free to those of us who have digital cable, I believe on channel 140. We also now get ESPNHD (channel 290) and ESPN2HD (channel 289) free if you get HD now. ESPNHD had been part of a pay extra grouping, but it is now free. TWC isn't the bad entity that people make them out to be. And I have always found their customer service to be pretty good, especially if you get beyond the dufus that answers the phone.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Time Warner also

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We get it starting soon, free to those of us who have digital cable, I believe on channel 140. We also now get ESPNHD (channel 290) and ESPN2HD (channel 289) free if you get HD now. ESPNHD had been part of a pay extra grouping, but it is now free. TWC isn't the bad entity that people make them out to be. And I have always found their customer service to be pretty good, especially if you get beyond the dufus that answers the phone.
    Here's the link

http://www.timewarnercable.com/NC/pr...ngeUpdate.html

Not much impact on Duke Men's Basketball but a way to see more ACC and other conferences' games

Nothing new for FiOS customers

If you live in a Tampa neighborhood with Verizon FiOS TV, you've been able to get ESPNU for awhile now (most likely this is partly behind Bright House's decision to add the channel, sorry Cleveland). You've also had ESPN-HD and ESPN2-HD as part of the regular lineup (ie no extra fees for HD) for awhile now too (this doesn't help those in the Triangle).

Oh and ESPNU is available nationwide on DirecTV on the Sports Pack ($12/mo)