Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    you should probably offer some sort of info regarding a source when posting recruiting stuff around here.

there are lots of frequent posters here with inside knowledge who offer legit info and since no one has any idea who you are, you might want to give us something other than "I heard this" if you want to be taken seriously. Links are always preferable.
    kind if hard to post a link when i did not get it off the internet but from somebody in person who has people inside Duke and is a member of like every major Duke website.
    and what classifies as a regular? cause im in here everyday and always read up in almost every thread on here i just dont always post because its not necessary to post everything i hear because they arnt always 100 percent true and i dont wanna be known as unreliable

I saw him visiting campus today, but I don't know if it was an official visit or not. (He was walking between Cameron and the K center with Wojo).

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I saw him visiting campus today, but I don't know if it was an official visit or not. (He was walking between Cameron and the K center with Wojo).
    His official will be on the 2nd of Oct. (as stated in zags blog).

PG Josiah Turner to Arizona

Just read on espn's NCAA BB recruiting page that Turner verballed to Arizona. I would imagine that Arizona has been scratched off Quinn's list of possible schools with Turner's decision. Hopefully, this puts us in a better situation with Quinn; and I could be wrong but IMO I don't think UNC is going to make an offer to Quincy any time soon with 2 PGs on the roster, and I don't see either of those guyus going pro after this upcoming season. Drew II could have a monster season or a horrible one and decide to go Pro or transfer; but Quinn would have to wait to the end of the season to see, and I would hope that he wouldn't wait that long for a possible shot with UNC and possibly miss an opportunity with Duke or another good school.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    kind if hard to post a link when i did not get it off the internet but from somebody in person who has people inside Duke and is a member of like every major Duke website.
    and what classifies as a regular? cause im in here everyday and always read up in almost every thread on here i just dont always post because its not necessary to post everything i hear because they arnt always 100 percent true and i dont wanna be known as unreliable
    First, let me say that I was trying to offer some advice and let you know how things tend to work around here. I am not trying to rag on you, but here's the deal:

There are plenty of people who post by some handle/alias claiming to have some sort of inside connection and its impossible to know whether A) they truly do have said connection, and B) if its any good or not. Moreover, often the "inside info" these people tout, turns out to be false. So, the attitude of most people is "why should we believe you?" "You" are an anonymous person offering hearsay and claiming to have inside information. For all we know you're a UK or UNC fan pretending to be a Duke fan and are just pulling our leg! (this has happened before). So, typically, without established credentials or a track record, most folks are going to discount what you have to say unless you offer a specific source, link, etc. Call it pessimistic if you want, but my point was also that we have alternatives to folks like you, which brings me to this:

I didn't use the term "regular," someone else did. I used the term "frequent poster," which is pretty self-explanatory. There are folks here who offer info related to recruiting, etc. that is often based on them being well-connected to the program. As I mention above, they have been doing it for a while and thus have established a track-record. Additionally, many of them are not anonymous. Watzone (Marc Watson) and Airowe (Adam Rowe) and JimSumner (guess what his name is ) are prime examples of this. Marc and Adam have their own websites and are not anonymous figures. Jim is a published author who has forgotten more about Duke and ACC sports than most of us will ever know. So now we know who they are, what their interests/motivations are, and this lends extra credibility to their claims b/c now their names and reputations are at stake.

Lastly, let me say that is probably the 4,372nd time a newer and anonymous poster has posted some type of recruiting info and claimed to have some sort of inside knowledge. I have no idea what the stats are, but plenty of times these posters turn out to be wrong. Of course, they also turn out to be right some times. This has, obviously, jaded lots of folks here and thus we tend to turn to our established, trust, and reliable sources instead of taking a gamble on whatever JohnnyComeLately has to say. Not everyone thinks this way, but most do and that's b/c this is probably the 347th recruiting thread that's been started in the last 3 years so we get kind of tired of random people constantly chiming in with their supposed "inside info."

Hopefully that at least explains the sentiment around here towards newer, anonymous posters offering "inside info." I don't want to scare you away though. If you genuinely have some inside info to offer, we want to hear it! Its just helpful if you can give some context, like "My dad has an old golfing buddy who is in an Iron Duke, and he says..." If you don't feel comfortable even offering that much info, well then as Watzone said, time will basically be the test here and if you are right then you will gain credibility.

First, let me say that I was trying to offer some advice and let you know how things tend to work around here. I am not trying to rag on you, but here's the deal:

There are plenty of people who post by some handle/alias claiming to have some sort of inside connection and its impossible to know whether A) they truly do have said connection, and B) if its any good or not. Moreover, often the "inside info" these people tout, turns out to be false. So, the attitude of most people is "why should we believe you?" "You" are an anonymous person offering hearsay and claiming to have inside information. For all we know you're a UK or UNC fan pretending to be a Duke fan and are just pulling our leg! (this has happened before). So, typically, without established credentials or a track record, most folks are going to discount what you have to say unless you offer a specific source, link, etc. Call it pessimistic if you want, but my point was also that we have alternatives to folks like you, which brings me to this:

I didn't use the term "regular," someone else did. I used the term "frequent poster," which is pretty self-explanatory. There are folks here who offer info related to recruiting, etc. that is often based on them being well-connected to the program. As I mention above, they have been doing it for a while and thus have established a track-record. Additionally, many of them are not anonymous. Watzone (Marc Watson) and Airowe (Adam Rowe) and JimSumner (guess what his name is ) are prime examples of this. Marc and Adam have their own websites and are not anonymous figures. Jim is a published author who has forgotten more about Duke and ACC sports than most of us will ever know. So now we know who they are, what their interests/motivations are, and this lends extra credibility to their claims b/c now their names and reputations are at stake.

Lastly, let me say that is probably the 4,372nd time a newer and anonymous poster has posted some type of recruiting info and claimed to have some sort of inside knowledge. I have no idea what the stats are, but plenty of times these posters turn out to be wrong. Of course, they also turn out to be right some times. This has, obviously, jaded lots of folks here and thus we tend to turn to our established, trust, and reliable sources instead of taking a gamble on whatever JohnnyComeLately has to say. Not everyone thinks this way, but most do and that's b/c this is probably the 347th recruiting thread that's been started in the last 3 years so we get kind of tired of random people constantly chiming in with their supposed "inside info."

Hopefully that at least explains the sentiment around here towards newer, anonymous posters offering "inside info." I don't want to scare you away though. If you genuinely have some inside info to offer, we want to hear it! Its just helpful if you can give some context, like "My dad has an old golfing buddy who is in an Iron Duke, and he says..." If you don't feel comfortable even offering that much info, well then as Watzone said, time will basically be the test here and if you are right then you will gain credibility.
    Yes I know how things generally work on here. It says ive only been a member for a short time yes but I have been coming to this site for almost a year and a half. I dont post that often because most people get to it before me (idc). I dont care if new people post stuff in here or not. You should always take them serious until they prove they are not trustworthy. I can be a member on here for 12 years and still get somthing wrong so new or veteran on here doesnt matter, its your reliability and everyone should start out with people thinking they are reliable until they show otherwise. Besides this is recruiting which is NEVER 100 percent true information its all rumors so they should be taken lightly in the first place without people jumping on you for trying to help add to the disscusion.
    And no I am not attacking you for your post I actually appreciated the manner in which you chose to respond, it was quite helpfull (never realized my name wasnt in my bio). O and as for the being right thing to gain credibility that you said (which i agree with to a point) its more like getting lucky cause these kids change their minds all the time as well as the parents involved.

You should always take them serious until they prove they are not trustworthy.
    Why? What have "they" done to earn our trust in a world full of rumors and incorrect information?

I'll stick with my reliable sources and not randos that I don't know and have no credibility.

Your signature is also terribly indicative of a poor attitude for this message board. We are a community of friends and are all on the same team. The "i'm right get used to it" crap has no place here. This isn't a contest.

Your signature is also terribly indicative of a poor attitude for this message board. We are a community of friends and are all on the same team. The "i'm right get used to it" crap has no place here. This isn't a contest.
    "I'm right your wrong ..." That's pure comedy gold right there.

You should always take them serious until they prove they are not trustworthy... ...everyone should start out with people thinking they are reliable until they show otherwise.
    In other news, I am a Nigerian prince and I would like to deposit $40M into your bank account.

PM me with your account info and social for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    In other news, I am a Nigerian prince and I would like to deposit $40M into your bank account.

My name is John Calipari and I'm here to make sure you get an education

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    My name is John Calipari and I'm here to make sure you get an education
    Thanks for the $40 million! This is the greatest day in UK history!

Was that Cook on crutches at the Bama game?

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Yep.

Knee injury. See posts from the beginning of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    Knee injury. See posts from the beginning of this month.
    No worries. Even on crutches he can beat Kendall Marshall up and down the floor, while handling the ball better than LDII.

Thought it was interesting that a former Cal K State (now NBA star) player was at the game also. Cal probably would never think of sending one of his former players to watch out for his interests or anything else unethical. Probably just a coincidence. Just another conspiracy theorist. Sorry.

Thought it was interesting that a former Cal K State (now NBA star) player was at the game also. Cal probably would never think of sending one of his former players to watch out for his interests or anything else unethical. Probably just a coincidence. Just another conspiracy theorist. Sorry.
    Are you talking about Beasley? He never played for Cal. He's basically Nolan's (and Quinn's) brother, for lack of a better term.

Why? What have "they" done to earn our trust in a world full of rumors and incorrect information?

I'll stick with my reliable sources and not randos that I don't know and have no credibility.

I wouldn't go that far, I think some of the "frequent posters" have a holier-than-thou mentality and try and bully people. I am not saying I trust what everybody says but there are times when "regular" people get a little inside scoop and can't reveal the source until after the story breaks. I am not sure why Cook would still be on crutches, didn't he have the surgery at the beginning of September? After ACL surgery you are off crutches in a matter of days, so I would think still being on crutches is not a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    After ACL surgery you are off crutches in a matter of days, so I would think still being on crutches is not a good sign.
    Old news, but relevant:

http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2...in-five-weeks/

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17241

Cook Receives Good News: One of the top prospects in the nation received good news on Friday afternoon. Quinn Cook, the highly coveted recruit from Oak Hill Academy, had surgery to repair what was believed to be partially torn ligaments in his knee. The MRI that was done shortly after the injury occurred at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 all-star game in California indicated that he had torn his ACL and he was expected to miss at least three months.

But after starting Cook's surgery early Friday morning, doctors discovered that his ACL was not torn. His head coach at Oak Hill, Steve Smith, tweeted the good news several hours later saying, "Good news (from) Quinn Cook. No ACL tear should be back in 4-5 weeks! Go Warriors!"

As late as Thursday evening, Cook was expecting to miss several months and had come to terms with his injury.

Cook has narrowed down his list of schools to Duke, Arizona, Georgetown, UCLA, North Carolina, Rutgers and St. John's, according to reports.

"It's a good feeling to know that the good programs are looking at me. It's very humbling, I know a lot of great players have been in this same position. It's cool to talk to guys like Roy Williams and do things like that. There was a time where I used to open every letter but I haven't opened a letter in about a year now. It's been kind of crazy," Cook told HOOPSWORLD in June.

Now he can go through this process without any hassles and he won't miss any precious time during his senior season.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Old news, but relevant:

http://ncaabasketball.fanhouse.com/2...in-five-weeks/

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=17241

Cook Receives Good News: One of the top prospects in the nation received good news on Friday afternoon. Quinn Cook, the highly coveted recruit from Oak Hill Academy, had surgery to repair what was believed to be partially torn ligaments in his knee. The MRI that was done shortly after the injury occurred at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 all-star game in California indicated that he had torn his ACL and he was expected to miss at least three months.

But after starting Cook's surgery early Friday morning, doctors discovered that his ACL was not torn. His head coach at Oak Hill, Steve Smith, tweeted the good news several hours later saying, "Good news (from) Quinn Cook. No ACL tear should be back in 4-5 weeks! Go Warriors!"

As late as Thursday evening, Cook was expecting to miss several months and had come to terms with his injury.

Cook has narrowed down his list of schools to Duke, Arizona, Georgetown, UCLA, North Carolina, Rutgers and St. John's, according to reports.

"It's a good feeling to know that the good programs are looking at me. It's very humbling, I know a lot of great players have been in this same position. It's cool to talk to guys like Roy Williams and do things like that. There was a time where I used to open every letter but I haven't opened a letter in about a year now. It's been kind of crazy," Cook told HOOPSWORLD in June.

Now he can go through this process without any hassles and he won't miss any precious time during his senior season.
    That is what I am saying is that tearing an ACL and having reconstructive surgery on it is a far more serious surgery than repairing a meniscus tear. I had my ACL reconstructive surgery on a Monday and by Thursday I was off crutches. We are talking about Cook 3 to 4 weeks after surgery on his meniscus still being on crutches, just seems a bit strange to me that he would still be on crutches.