Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Zags Tweet:

Breaking news: Oak Hill PG Quinn Cook will announce this week for Duke or UCLA http://tinyurl.com/2d4e6ux

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    In 2005, UNC lost Felton, McCants, May, and Williams. The next year we lost Brandon Wright. In 2009, we lost Ellington and Lawson. Last year we lost Davis to the NBA. Have I missed anyone? I know that we won NC's in 2005 and in 2009 and that may have contributed to players jumping to the NBA, but last years Duke team bucked that trend.
    In 2002 we lost Jason Williams, Boozer, and Dunleavy. In 2004 we lost Deng. In 2005 we lost Randolph. In 2009 we lost Henderson and E Williams (although he was a transfer, rather than an NBA early entrant). If you go back to 1999 we lost Brand, Maggette, and Avery, but in 1998 you lost Jamison and Carter. I think whoever said our experiences are pretty similar was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    In 2002 we lost Jason Williams, Boozer, and Dunleavy. In 2004 we lost Deng. In 2005 we lost Randolph. In 2009 we lost Henderson and E Williams (although he was a transfer, rather than an NBA early entrant). If you go back to 1999 we lost Brand, Maggette, and Avery, but in 1998 you lost Jamison and Carter. I think whoever said our experiences are pretty similar was correct.
    Don't forget McRoberts in 2007.

New Zag blog saying Cook will announce this week and its down to UCLA and Duke.

This is getting very interesting

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/01/q...nce-this-week/

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluenv View Post
    zags tweet:

Breaking news: Oak hill pg quinn cook will announce this week for duke or ucla http://tinyurl.com/2d4e6ux
    great news!!!!

... [oak hill head coach steve] smith said it would come down to duke or ucla and that north carolina and villanova were not real options.

“they [carolina] were supposed to come tomorrow [tuesday] and he’s made up his mind up. He’s trying to keep it quiet,” smith said. “i’m going to try to stop them from coming. ...

Smith said it was either duke or ucla, both of which have appeal. ...

“he feels he can [start at] ucla right away ... Yet ... Duke is much closer to home. ...

“i know it’s ucla or duke,” smith said. “i don’t know which one.”

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    great news!!!!
    The way things have played out I'm not so sure it's great news for Duke frankly. According to Coach Smith, UCLA basically promised Cook a starting spot. Much less uncertainty at UCLA. But, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    The way things have played out I'm not so sure it's great news for Duke frankly. According to Coach Smith, UCLA basically promised Cook a starting spot. Much less uncertainty at UCLA. But, who knows...
    Well, I think it's good news that supposedly 1.) He's eliminated UNC, woot woot! And 2.) He's deciding soon. I personally would love to have Cook come on board, but if he eliminates us at least Kabongo then more clearly knows the Duke situation right away and we might move up in his mind. I think a 3-4 year Cook would be a great addition to the team and if he's super tight with Nolan, he must be a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Well, if I had to rank the desired outcomes, they would be 1) Quinn to Duke, 2) Quinn elsewhere, and 3) Quinn to UNC. So by removing UNC, we've gone from a best case of "Yay!" / worst case of "Ugh" to a best case of "Yay!" / worst case of "Best wishes, Quinn." I think that's great news.

Disirregardless...

He seems like a fine young man, and I wish him well, even if he goes to UCLA.

You know Roy's on the phone now talking up the weather in LA, right?

Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    Cook will announce this week and its down to UCLA and Duke.
    Well.... I'm happy UNC is out of the mix ..fer sher.
    I'm not gonna pretend to be a talent evaluator as I haven't seen them play. But I hope we get the better guy of the 2...

Last thing we need is to have QC go west and have MK in pastel blue and come up snake eyes on both..

Yeah, UCLA is preferable to Carolina (sorry kong), and he does seem like a good kid. If he chooses UCLA, I'm sure we can expect the Kabongo drum beats to get louder and louder. I just couldn't resist.

Thanks for setting the record straight

I'm the one who said that, but I appreciate you taking the time to find the cold, hard facts!

Per Goodman's Twitter, just moments ago:

Sounds as though Quinn Cook will announce for Duke; What does this mean for Myck Kabongo? It'll be interesting to see who emerges now.

Sounds like Cook might be trying to get the spot Kabongo is looking at. Both want to play with AR and there is only one spot available. Looks like we are headed towards an exciting signing period with a couple of big name recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDevil View Post
    We have the scholarships available, what are the chances that we land both?

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Sounds like Cook might be trying to get the spot Kabongo is looking at. Both want to play with AR and there is only one spot available. Looks like we are headed towards an exciting signing period with a couple of big name recruits.
    Now that Tyler Adams de-committed we have two scholarships available for next year.

I know this might be crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by TigerDevil View Post
    But why can't we have both Quinn and Kabongo?? With the Adams gong to GU, we have an extra scholly available. Duke has had success playing a 2 point guard offense...

I know we already have Tyler and Seth....I like both players....And I know there is no guraranee that Kyrie goes to the NBA after this year, which would make us very guard heavy....But what if...

Btw....If Quinn has in fact turned down the Heels, my earlier conflicting thoughts about him have been alleviated. Saying that, how would people feel if Quinn came to Duke and Kabongo went to UNC? If we could only get one, I'm sort of inclined for Quinn to choose UCLA and Kabongo to come to Duke to keep Carolina from getting either player (especially Kabongo). I know it's petty; but what can I say...
    Last edited by Class of '94; 11-01-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Cook to Duke, done deal.

We also lost Marty in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    But why can't we have both Quinn and Kabongo?? With the Adams gong to GU, we have an extra scholly available. Duke has had success playing a 2 point guard offense...

I know we already have Tyler and Seth....I like both of players....And I know there is no guraranee that Kyrie goes to the NBA after this year....But what if...
    I just think that's a little much to hope for in terms of keeping guys happy. Even running a 2 point guard offense, I don't think all 4 of those guys would be happy with 20 minutes a night each.