Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Its worth remembering that just because they didn't sign your stuff doesn't mean they didn't sign hundreds of others. They have to stop sometime,and some players are more tolerant of sacrificing their time than others, but these guys have things going on too. Maybe they're supposed to meet up with their friends/teammates/family/girlfriend/sociology project partners later that night. Maybe they're already running late because they stuck around to sign autographs for a few minutes after everything was over. Maybe the player is grumpy because he didn't sleep well and has a hangnail. Who knows?

I guess in summary: to complain and be upset about a player not signing whatever you had for them is absurd; being disappointed is reasonable and expected, but unless they were just blatantly rude when they declined it should not be a big deal to anyone. Anyone who's had to say no to someone should know that it sucks, but sometimes you have to act in your own interests. That's life.

Rivers and Cook?

Quote Originally Posted by Gthoma2a View Post
    Makes sense, if you read his blogs, you should notice that he is quite the food fanatic. He reports the delicious dish he ate with a side of the news. I see no reason to think that it was anything bad that prompted him to leave when food does make sense (I know when I am hungry I may not take the time to exchange pleasantries).
    Seems like that Quinn Cook would want to play with a food fanatic, given his (Quinn's) last name. And Rivers would want to play with him. Hope it works out.

Two part recruiting question...

First, if I've missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, I apologize. Does anyone know if Duke has officially offered Quinn Cook yet? Now that QM and Duke are parting ways, I assume we have one available to offer...correct?

Speaking of parting ways...with rumors of Tyler Adams potential de-commitment to the program, does anyone know the status of the Amir Williams recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by duke blue brewcrew View Post
    First, if I've missed this somewhere earlier in the thread, I apologize. Does anyone know if Duke has officially offered Quinn Cook yet? Now that QM and Duke are parting ways, I assume we have one available to offer...correct?

Speaking of parting ways...with rumors of Tyler Adams potential de-commitment to the program, does anyone know the status of the Amir Williams recruitment?
    Quinn Cook has an official offer from the Duke staff. We are really hoping for a commitment today or tomorrow prior to his visit to Villanova.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Austin...

Austin did sign right out in front of the doors. Not only signed by also took a picture. He did indicate he was trying t leave by "this is what its all about. I'll need you guys to support me so I'm trying to support everyone I can" when I thanked him for taking the time. As others have said I was able to get autographs from the following: Austin, Lance, Casey, Mason, Marshall, Nolan, Kyrie, Quinn, Jay Williams, Chris Carawell, Nate James.

It was an awesome experience!

QC offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Quinn Cook has an official offer from the Duke staff. We are really hoping for a commitment today or tomorrow prior to his visit to Villanova.
    I felt like he had to have an official for the talks to be this serious, but every recruiting site I've looked at indicates otherwise. That would be an embarrassment of riches in the backcourt should that materialize!

Does anyone know what the plan in in the event we are left looking to fill a void in the '11 class at the 4?

I felt like he had to have an official for the talks to be this serious, but every recruiting site I've looked at indicates otherwise. That would be an embarrassment of riches in the backcourt should that materialize!

Does anyone know what the plan in in the event we are left looking to fill a void in the '11 class at the 4?
    Josh Hairston, Ryan Kelly, Mason, Miles, and Marshall Plumlee is a pretty solid frontcourt rotation.

I don't think will be left scrambling for someone to play the 4.

Frontcourt

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Josh Hairston, Ryan Kelly, Mason, Miles, and Marshall Plumlee is a pretty solid frontcourt rotation.

I don't think will be left scrambling for someone to play the 4.
    Agreed...but this assumes that Mason doesn't leave early and no one gets hurt. It also leaves us with out a bruising, blue-collar, pick setting, board owning, do the dirty work kind of player that has been successful in years past for Duke.

Agreed...but this assumes that Mason doesn't leave early and no one gets hurt. It also leaves us with out a bruising, blue-collar, pick setting, board owning, do the dirty work kind of player that has been successful in years past for Duke.
    I'm not too worried about fitting a guy into a position as long as we have Coach K. He's very good at changing his system to fit the style of play of the talent on his squad.

We are recruiting a guy like you described in 2012 in Tony Parker.

@AlanStein Alan Stein by QCook323
    @QCook323 Here is the 2010 Duke Basketball Countdown to Craziness: http://tinyurl.com/DukeBasketball2010 (please RT!)

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    @AlanStein Alan Stein by QCook323
    @QCook323 Here is the 2010 Duke Basketball Countdown to Craziness: http://tinyurl.com/DukeBasketball2010 (please RT!)
    Does anyone know what RTI means? I've never seen it before I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    It's RT exclamation point. And it means re-tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    He said "please RT!". He is telling his followers on twitter to retweet

Haha thanks guys, guess surfing the web late at night without glasses isn't working out so well...oops

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    He said "please RT!". He is telling his followers on twitter to retweet
    It is worth retweeting. Very nice video of CTC. I like the slamdunk contest highlights at the end!

-Jason "quite a show for the recruits!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Zags tweet:

Ben McLemore visits Tennessee Saturday and Missouri the following wknd. Quinn Cook has no more visits set right now. Both per @OHACoachSmith*

*I assume that OHA stands for Oak Hill Academy

I guess that means he cancled with the Nova visit (IIRC was set for this weekend). Has to be a good sign right?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Zags tweet:

Ben McLemore visits Tennessee Saturday and Missouri the following wknd. Quinn Cook has no more visits set right now. Both per @OHACoachSmith*

*I assume that OHA stands for Oak Hill Academy

I guess that means he cancled with the Nova visit (IIRC was set for this weekend). Has to be a good sign right?
    Or does it mean that no new or additional visits have been set? I thought he had previously scheduled his visit to Nova prior to CTC. But yes, I think it's a good sign either way.

Any more word on when Quinn may make his decision. I met him at CTC Friday night and he is a great kid who I would love to have at Duke.

ReggieRankin tweet:

"Just talked to Quinn Cook, down to Duke, UCLA and Villanova. Already visited Duke and UCLA. Says he'll visit 'Nova Oct. 22."

So I guess I misunderstood the tweet from earlier and he still plans on visiting Nova.

Also tweeted this:

"Also, Quinn says his knee is feelin fine and he's back playin and playin well. Will sign in early period."

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    ReggieRankin tweet:

"Just talked to Quinn Cook, down to Duke, UCLA and Villanova. Already visited Duke and UCLA. Says he'll visit 'Nova Oct. 22."

So I guess I misunderstood the tweet from earlier and he still plans on visiting Nova.

Also tweeted this:

"Also, Quinn says his knee is feelin fine and he's back playin and playin well. Will sign in early period."
    http://coast2coastrecruiting.net/2010/10/cook-likes-3/

There is talk that Cook may commit to Duke prior to his official visit this weekend to Villanova.
    The Terrapin Assassin