Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    You also have to add in Cook's off the court appeal as well. He is very well-liked on the circuit by a lot of guys Duke is recruiting. Players like to play with him because he distributes the ball very well. He would basically provide us with a seamless transition from Nolan in the DC area. Quinn transferred to Oak Hill in large part because he was too popular in the area. All the people in his circle and attempting to be in his circle were getting to be a distraction to his basketball career.

That should not be understated...

supposedly the only 2 ppl with offers duke is waiting on now for next year is rivers and quinn cook. Austin has an in home visit wit Duke on tuesday. And Duke has reportedly "turned up the heat" on recruiting cook now that K is back. and nolan smith is trying to help more in the recruitment process by talking up duke and the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke: A Dynasty View Post
    supposedly the only 2 ppl with offers duke is waiting on now for next year is rivers and quinn cook. Austin has an in home visit wit Duke on tuesday. And Duke has reportedly "turned up the heat" on recruiting cook now that K is back. and nolan smith is trying to help more in the recruitment process by talking up duke and the staff.
    What about Quincy Miller? He has an offer, right?

the source said that the main targets now are only gonna be cook and rivers

Does this mean Kabongo is no longer a remote possibility?

All of this information is nearly word for word from a pay site. I would use caution (or just don't do this at all).

hey if it was i didnt know, my bad. i didnt get it off a site. i got friends who get info for me.

hey if it was i didnt know, my bad. i didnt get it off a site. i got friends who get info for me.
    you should probably offer some sort of info regarding a source when posting recruiting stuff around here.

there are lots of frequent posters here with inside knowledge who offer legit info and since no one has any idea who you are, you might want to give us something other than "I heard this" if you want to be taken seriously. Links are always preferable.
    Last edited by SilkyJ; 09-17-2010 at 02:02 AM.

Hey man people on this site would rather not believe you unless you are one of the "regulars". I offered a little insight on MP3 becoming a Blue Devil, because I know someone who was to the close to the situation. I said he would commit soon, and a ton of posters jumped on me because I wouldn't give my source, but there is no way I would put this guys name on a message board. Two days later MP3 announced he would be going to Duke and instead of people saying thanks for the info, they chalked it up to I just got lucky. I hope you keep us updated if you can.

Quinn is a tad short but he is a total gamer. The first time I saw him was three years ago and he erupted for 29 points to lead his team to a win at Boo Williams. He plays smart and with pride. He can break people down off the dribble and is a PG in the purest form. Underrated shot, decent on ball defense and great character best describe him IMO. He has been as consistent as any prospecct I have seen him and that is about 22 times over a three year period. Keep your ears to the ground on this kid for he may be closer to making a decision than some think.
    Last edited by -jk; 09-17-2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: clarity

Watzone,
    I remember reading from this thread that Quinn is high on Duke; but I was wondering if this third team that his camp is hoping to get involved implies that his camp and Quinn really want to go to this third team; and if this third team were to get involved, Quinn would jump at that and go to that shool. Is that a plausible theory or is it just a case that he would ideally like to consider all three shools before making a decision?

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Watzone,
    I remember reading from this thread that Quinn is high on Duke; but I was wondering if this third team that his camp is hoping to get involved implies that his camp and Quinn really want to go to this third team; and if this third team were to get involved, Quinn would jump at that and go to that shool. Is that a plausible theory or is it just a case that he would ideally like to consider all three shools before making a decision?
    It is not so much his camp but him. That third team has two guys at his position though. At one time I thought he would jump but I think he would think it out. If Duke gets Cook it will happen before November ends.

Quote Originally Posted by sdotbarbee View Post
    Hey man people on this site would rather not believe you unless you are one of the "regulars". I offered a little insight on MP3 becoming a Blue Devil, because I know someone who was to the close to the situation. I said he would commit soon, and a ton of posters jumped on me because I wouldn't give my source, but there is no way I would put this guys name on a message board. Two days later MP3 announced he would be going to Duke and instead of people saying thanks for the info, they chalked it up to I just got lucky. I hope you keep us updated if you can.
    I hear your frustration but the fact is that a lot of people knew Marshall was a Dukie to be long before he signed. I was able to so called break the news [due to knowing his family well on the AAU circuit] that he officially commited with Duke but it was no surprise to anyone once it went down. Out of respect to his families wishes, people sat on this one for a while so it was bound to get out there. Don't lose your enthusiasm, hit a couple of more right and people will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    I hear your frustration but the fact is that a lot of people knew Marshall was a Dukie to be long before he signed. I was able to so called break the news [due to knowing his family well on the AAU circuit] that he officially commited with Duke but it was no surprise to anyone once it went down. Out of respect to his families wishes, people sat on this one for a while so it was bound to get out there. Don't lose your enthusiasm, hit a couple of more right and people will listen.
    Maybe not a lot of people on this board knew then since people wanted to try and say that it was baseless speculation on my part. The pessimism on here must cloud their better judgement since so many other people knew he was a Dukie.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    It is not so much his camp but him. That third team has two guys at his position though. At one time I thought he would jump but I think he would think it out. If Duke gets Cook it will happen before November ends.
    Is the third team unc?

Is the third team unc?
    LDII and Kendall Marshall would make sense. I seem to recall UNC being mentioned in the same breath as Quinn Cook in the past as well. He'd be better off with Duke's backcourt situation in my opinion because Curry (and hopefully Rivers) are combo guards who can play the 2.

Is the third team unc?
    That was what I was thinking; but it's just my opinion. After all, I also remembering reading in an earlier post that he was a fan of UNC growing up; but I believe he also said that he would not let that necessarily decide where he would go to school.

Watzone is definitely talking about UNC. Quinn grew up a UNC fan, always wanted to go to UNC. He is not as clearly fixed on UNC now as he was, but he still clearly wants them to at least look at him.

This information can be found simply by googling Quinn Cook and UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisheery View Post
    Watzone is definitely talking about UNC. Quinn grew up a UNC fan, always wanted to go to UNC. He is not as clearly fixed on UNC now as he was, but he still clearly wants them to at least look at him.

This information can be found simply by googling Quinn Cook and UNC.
    He might be a unc fan but he is BFF's with Nolan and is attending the Duke vs. Bama game with him and Michael Beasley. I would think with Smitty in his ear Duke is sitting pretty good with him.

zags caught up with cook briefly after the game: http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/09/18/c...uke-backcourt/