Student Planners 2010-2011

Does anyone know if the bookstore is putting out the Student planners again this year? I've used these for several years but didn't see any out there on my most recent visit to campus.

The planners in the past, have been available when the students buy books for fall semester. Available in or near the university bookstore, in the Bryan Center. Hope that helps.

Is there a market for such things for current students? Both of my college age children use their computers, which are never far from their bodies. (They assure me they'd use their smart phones for that if only I wasn't the meanest parent on the planet making them use regular cell phones...)

I love my old agendas. I was just sorting through some old memorabilia last month, and I found my agendas from college. A wonderful walk down memory lane! (Try THAT with an e-calendar in the future!).

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    Is there a market for such things for current students? Both of my college age children use their computers, which are never far from their bodies. (They assure me they'd use their smart phones for that if only I wasn't the meanest parent on the planet making them use regular cell phones...)

I love my old agendas. I was just sorting through some old memorabilia last month, and I found my agendas from college. A wonderful walk down memory lane! (Try THAT with an e-calendar in the future!).
    Don't know about students, but us old farts still use them. I bought my 35th version of my 2-page per day Day Timer in June (it runs from July through June). I first bought it in June 1976, when the "veteran" salesman recommended it. I've bought it each year since. And just earlier tonight, we went to Office Max so my wife could buy her 2-page per week Day Timer for 2011. Seriously! And, oh yeah, we both have smart phones. Some day I'll learn how to use it...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I was out shopping for college stuff today and refrained from purchasing a planner because I wanted to just get one from the Duke bookstore when I get there next week! I will definitely be writing most of my work down. Things just don't stick in my head as well when I type them.

We met a man who represents a student/teacher plan book publisher @ the FF in Indy. PM me if you want his info.

I've always tried to grab one or two. I too, note events the old fashioned way. This also helps by providing some scheduling info for various teams and other events on campus.

Not living in the area, it's also a good way to find out some local businesses who show their support for Duke as well.

Hopefully getting one tomorrow

I'll be heading over to the book store tomorrow - in hopes of getting a few of the calendars for me and the better half. Anybody been over there? Are they still available?

C