Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell

2010-2011 Men's Basketball Schedule From Ticket Order

New thread, since this is NOT speculation.

Living close to heaven, I must have been the only one to receive my ticket order today. Here's the listed schedule...

15-Oct Countdown to Craziness 7PM
    23-Oct St. Augustines (exh) 7PM
    4-Nov Cal Poly Pomona (exh) 7PM
    14-Nov Princeton (CBE)
    16-Nov Miami OH (CBE)
    19-Nov Colgate
    22-Nov vs. Marquette (CBE-KC) 7:30PM
    23-Nov vs.Gonzaga/Kansas State (CBE-KC) 10:15PM
    27-Nov vs. Oregon (Rose Garden, Portland) 4PM
    1-Dec Michigan State 9:15PM
    4-Dec vs. Butler (Meadowlands) 3:30PM
    Dec Bradley
    Dec St. Louis
    20-Dec Elon
    29-Dec vs. UNC-G (at Greensboro Coliseum) 7PM
    Jan Miami FL
    5-Jan UAB
    Jan Maryland
    Jan at FSU
    Jan Virginia
    Jan at NC State
    Jan at Wake
    Jan Boston College
    Jan at St. Johns
    Feb at Maryland
    Feb NC State
    Feb UNC
    Feb at Miami FL
    Feb at Virginia
    Feb Georgia Tech
    Feb Temple
    Feb at Virginia Tech
    Mar Clemson
    5-Mar at UNC 8PM
    Mar 10-13 ACC Tournament (Greensboro)

Obviously, not all dates have been tied down.
    All times eastern. Schedule subject to change. (it's printed right there. :-)

Further information inside (I posted the schedule as soon as I opened my mail, :-)

Additional Ticket Opportunities
    Countdown to Craziness
    Cal Poly Pomona
    Princeton
    Miami OH
    Elon
    UAB

Away Game Ticket Opportunities
    Oregon
    Butler
    UNC Greensboro

Plus tickets to the CBE Classic will be available through Duke.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    New thread, since this is NOT speculation.

Living close to heaven, I must have been the only one to receive my ticket order today. Here's the listed schedule...

15-Oct Countdown to Craziness 7PM
    23-Oct St. Augustines (exh) 7PM
    4-Nov Cal Poly Pomona (exh) 7PM
    14-Nov Princeton (CBE)
    16-Nov Miami OH (CBE)
    19-Nov Colgate
    22-Nov vs. Marquette (CBE-KC) 7:30PM
    23-Nov vs.Gonzaga/Kansas State (CBE-KC) 10:15PM
    27-Nov vs. Oregon (Rose Garden, Portland) 4PM
    1-Dec Michigan State 9:15PM
    4-Dec vs. Butler (Meadowlands) 3:30PM
    Dec Bradley
    Dec St. Louis
    20-Dec Elon
    29-Dec vs. UNC-G (at Greensboro Coliseum) 7PM
    Jan Miami FL
    5-Jan UAB
    Jan Maryland
    Jan at FSU
    Jan Virginia
    Jan at NC State
    Jan at Wake
    Jan Boston College
    Jan at St. Johns
    Feb at Maryland
    Feb NC State
    Feb UNC
    Feb at Miami FL
    Feb at Virginia
    Feb Georgia Tech
    Feb Temple
    Feb at Virginia Tech
    Mar Clemson
    5-Mar at UNC 8PM
    Mar 10-13 ACC Tournament (Greensboro)

Obviously, not all dates have been tied down.
    All times eastern. Schedule subject to change. (it's printed right there. :-)
    Thanks! Great to go back to the Meadowlands for the Butler game, but I see that replaced the normal "last game before Christmas Day against big opponent at MSG". I love that traditional game and there have been some great ones over the years.

A good tradeoff I guess. Too bad the Butler game could not be played on the 20th instead of the Elon game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Great to go back to the Meadowlands for the Butler game, but I see that replaced the normal "last game before Christmas Day against big opponent at MSG". I love that traditional game and there have been some great ones over the years.
    Yeah, but the December "big non-conference game in NYC area" is not always at MSG. For example, we played Kentucky (2001), Texas (2005), and Xavier (2008) at the Meadowlands.

Please post when tickets are sold for the not-yet-sold-out!

I think the past few years people have posted here in October or so when there are extra tickets for sale. Please do that again if you run across it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Won't the St. John's game be at MSG? Won't be before Christmas, but good enough.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I definitely want to score tix for CTC and Elon. I can get tix for the UNCG game as well, but its never fun to watch Duke destroy my alma mater.

passing dean

IF this schedule is right, then the Dec. 29 game in the Greensboro Coliseum will be the 12th game -- very possibly the game Coach K passes Dean Smith for No. 2 on the all-time men's division 1 win list.

Buy your tickets now.

Of course, Duke would have to open 11-0 to set that game up as the one where K leaves El-Deano in his dust. If the Devils lose one early, then it sets up Miami's visit to Cameron in early January (no date listed) as the momentus game. If -- the basketball gods forbid -- Duke loses two games before January, the UAB visit becomes the big one.

If Duke starts hot, the Butler game would be the one where K ties Adolph Rupp for third on the win list ... and then Bradley back in Cameron would be the one where he passes him.

Overall, I really like the schedule.

I know some will complain that we "only" play one non-conference road game (at St. John's ... that will be in the Garden, but that's where they play all their Big East home games).

There is at least one and maybe two hostile neutral games -- Oregon in Portland for sure ... and if we get Kansas State in the finals of the CBE event in Kansas City, that will be a hostile crowd too.

True neutral court games include Butler in the Meadowlands, Marquette in Kansas City and ... if we get Gonzaga in the CBE finals, then that one.

And a nice home lineup -- Michigan State will be a top 3 team and Temple will be in the preseason top 20 ... Princeton, Bradley, UAB are programs with some history.

I am sorry to see Davidson not on the schedule for the second straight year. And I would love to get another shot at Georgetown ... I hope that series does resume next year.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I think the past few years people have posted here in October or so when there are extra tickets for sale. Please do that again if you run across it.
    If you're an iron duke (even a small donor), you can now put in requests for certain individual games.

In other news, got my tickets for the CBE Classic in Kansas City today; can't wait!

ordered tix

As a new Iron Duke I ordered tix yesterday for the Princeton game and the UNCG game. When will I know for sure if these tix are a done deal?

Quote Originally Posted by 30scheyer View Post
    As a new Iron Duke I ordered tix yesterday for the Princeton game and the UNCG game. When will I know for sure if these tix are a done deal?
    When Duke charges your credit card.

tix newb

Sorry to be such a ticket newb; I just thought it was too easy and didn't want to jinx it by telling my friends I had hoops tix.
    My credit card has been charged; I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by 30scheyer View Post
    Sorry to be such a ticket newb; I just thought it was too easy and didn't want to jinx it by telling my friends I had hoops tix.
    My credit card has been charged; I'm in.
    Actually they charge your credit card, but may however not be able to fulfill your order depending on your donation priority level. In that event, which may possibly be the case for the Butler game, they will refund your money.

So its not a guarantee...

No Oregon tickets yet

I keep checking for Oregon tickets and they still aren't there(as of last night). I called when I got my mailing and didn't see the game on line yet and they said they were finalizing the prices. But also said it would already be available by now. Really hoping the put the game on the site soon.

Quote Originally Posted by terrih View Post
    I keep checking for Oregon tickets and they still aren't there(as of last night). I called when I got my mailing and didn't see the game on line yet and they said they were finalizing the prices. But also said it would already be available by now. Really hoping the put the game on the site soon.
    Yeah, I've been intermittently checking the Rose Garden website and the UofO basketball site for the "official" announcement. Still nothing.

The schedule should be formally released soon, though - schedule day has traditionally been the third Friday in August, although there's been some slippage in recent years - and once it is, I assume tickets for the Oregon game will go on sale.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Maryland

Interesting that Maryland is no longer our next-to-last regular season game, and that both Maryland games are before we play UNC for the first time. Guess Maryland is not our rival.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Interesting that Maryland is no longer our next-to-last regular season game, and that both Maryland games are before we play UNC for the first time. Guess Maryland is not our rival.
    They weren't next-to-last in 08-09, 07-08, 05-06, or 04-05 either. Since expansion, there hasn't really been any effort to schedule the Terps as a next-to-last game. UNC coming last is really the only special scheduling quirk.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    They weren't next-to-last in 08-09, 07-08, 05-06, or 04-05 either. Since expansion, there hasn't really been any effort to schedule the Terps as a next-to-last game. UNC coming last is really the only special scheduling quirk.
    On the flip side, both Maryland games are in the first half of the ACC schedule, with the second game being the eighth of the season. Since the expansion to twelve, there has usually been a team we play twice for whom both games fall in the first half (it offsets UNC both falling in the second half of the season), but it has never been Maryland before now. I don't really make anything of it, other than the ACC can really only accommodate one big rivalry for a team while still making a TV friendly schedule. So perhaps the ACC is confirming that Maryland is not our rival.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Guess I'm getting old and lazy, because I had forgotten that and didn't bother to check. Thanks for setting me straight.

According to this Herald Sun article, here are a few more specific dates:

Dec 8 vs Bradley
    Dec 11 vs St Louis
    Jan 30 at St Johns (@ MSG)
    Feb 23 vs Temple