Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    With the 9th pick in the 2012 draft the XXXXXXXX PANTHERS take

Riley Rieff O LINE..

Ok, not the direction I might like to see them go but I think there is a chance it could be Rieff.

I'd like to see us go Defense backfield(Claiborne will be gone ).. Wide Reciever ( Floyd, ND might fit well ) ,, some are looking for defensive line,, Tackle maybe , stop the run..

I've read comments by Beason, and Anderson, both implying the Defense would be ok,, and Beason saying don't be upset about the draft no matter who we pick.. That could be read as,, we're going to pick an offensive player.. we'll see..

GO PANTHERS
    So the panthers have needs at O line, D line, WR, and corner. Therefore, with the 9th pick in the draft, they select...

Another Linebacker.

huh?

I get that he may have been the best on the board, but you have some serious holes to fill in all the other areas. Now you're looking at having to sit either your new LB, Davis, Beason, or Anderson. Granted, that's a good problem to have, but still. My take is that I think that Davis is done and they don't expect him back. Otherwise, this makes no sense.

Personally I would have probably gone DT, but then again I don't own an NFL franchise so what the heck do I know.
    "There can BE only one."

i know it won't happen, but we should get plax or TO....making the opposite side of smitty a threat will make make his year outstanding...

if beason comes back healthy, and the o-line gets shored up....this team is gonna rock...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    So the panthers have needs at O line, D line, WR, and corner. Therefore, with the 9th pick in the draft, they select...

Another Linebacker.

huh?

I get that he may have been the best on the board, but you have some serious holes to fill in all the other areas. Now you're looking at having to sit either your new LB, Davis, Beason, or Anderson. Granted, that's a good problem to have, but still. My take is that I think that Davis is done and they don't expect him back. Otherwise, this makes no sense.

Personally I would have probably gone DT, but then again I don't own an NFL franchise so what the heck do I know.

They had to take him. Two linebackers coming off of major surgeries one of which has not really played in 3 seasons. Besides Anderson is more of a fill in kind of guy to me. Beason is a very good linebacker (top 3 in the league) but he does not cover well and this kid showed he was very good in pass coverage against TE in college and the way the nfl is now with TE's we def need that. This draft is very strong on Dline and we should be ok with getting someone later on. The only complaint I have so far is our 2nd pick with a guard! Yes you always look for depth at the Oline but in this case there were 2 better oline guys right behind the one we took IMO and Alshon Jeffries the wr was still available.

I saw this earlier:

FOR TRADE
    2 Slightly Used NFL Football Players

One is 6'7" , appromimately 300 lbs. Last answered
    by name of "Otah". Very few miles on frame. He has
    spent many hours watching tape and observing games
    from the sidelines. Should be ready to start for whatever
    team wishes to sign him. In like new condition.

The second is former Notre Dame star quarterback who
    is house trained, doesn't mind riding in limousines, and
    knows his way around the water cooler. Good teammate
    to have on sidelines. Has much experience there.
    Answers to the names of "Pickles", "Jimmy", and
    "Clausen", and other names the news paper will not print.

All trades considered: a second and a third rounder in the
    2012 NFL Draft would suffice, otherwise a fifth and a
    seventh rounder would be ok. Otherwise a towelboy and the
    guy who holds the microphone thingie on the sidelines
    would be considered.

Just please, someone PLEASE take these two off our hands.

For more information, Call 1-800- Ex Panthers.