Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I think it's time for a try-out under fire season, to set the stating QB question to rest. I'm not sold on Clausen being able to move this offense.
    Edwards was only in to run the 'Wildcat'.
    Is there something wrong with Pike? He nearly always seemed to be cool under pressure last year at UC. He certainly has the right height for the job.
    It seems like that at least a third of Clausen's tosses are getting knocked down. That's only if his shot were to be on target. He's gettin' booed.

Kasey still has the leg for his job.
    Clausen ain't the answer. Moore did just what I expected him to do in his chance to redeem himself. They need somebody, but whoever that somebody is ain't on the team. Edwards would have been a better choice than either of those two..they should give him more reps. Hell, they should go talk to the Rams and hire Thad.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Clausen ain't the answer. Moore did just what I expected him to do in his chance to redeem himself. They need somebody, but whoever that somebody is ain't on the team. Edwards would have been a better choice than either of those two..they should give him more reps. Hell, they should go talk to the Rams and hire Thad.
    Stat of the game. Combined Quarterback rating for all FOUR QBs who played in the Panthers/Bears game?

Combined.

That was the worst offensive performance I have ever seen in the NFL. Feel sorry for Fox. Tough to build a successful team when you don't have any pieces to work with.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    while letting their best defensive player (in the history of the franchise) and their second best offensive player (who I didn't care for) go.
    Second best offensive player? I think Steve Smith and D'Angelo Williams were miles ahead of everyone else in terms of offensive quality the past couple seasons. Jonathan Stewart and some of the guys on that offensive line were not far behind. Jake D was probably 5th or 6th at best.

--Jason "what a train wreck the Panthers have turn into this year!! They may go 0-for-2010" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

This team never found a suitable replacement for Wesley Walls at TE. The only time they had a complimentary WR to Steve Smith was when Moose was on the team.

Maybe it's time they try to move Smith and/or DeAngelo for several high draft choices if at all possible.

So Much For That Idea

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    This team never found a suitable replacement for Wesley Walls at TE. The only time they had a complimentary WR to Steve Smith was when Moose was on the team.

Maybe it's time they try to move Smith and/or DeAngelo for several high draft choices if at all possible.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5695941

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    At least they won't lose today.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    At least they won't lose today.
    Best day of the season, so far.

Touchdowns? How many?

I was wondering the other day with my buddy about how many touchdowns will the Panthers score this year. I think through 4 games they have 52 points. Do you think they'll make it to 10 touchdowns? 15? Man, it's going to be a long season!

Apparently Matt Moore is starting Sunday? Uhhhh what are we doing here guys?

Onced they benched Moore I assumed we were giving Clausen the keys to the kingdom and letting him learn how to play in the NFL all the while hoping he would be develop into a legit starter by the end of the season.

Doesn't make any sense...

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Apparently Matt Moore is starting Sunday? Uhhhh what are we doing here guys?

Onced they benched Moore I assumed we were giving Clausen the keys to the kingdom and letting him learn how to play in the NFL all the while hoping he would be develop into a legit starter by the end of the season.

Doesn't make any sense...
    I am inclined to agree. At this point, why not give the ball to A. Edwards and see what happens. It surely cannot be any worse. If he bombs you have not lost anything. I mean heck they gave up a 2nd rounder to get him and so far he has not grasped either the wide receiver position nor punt returner. Put him in his natural position and roll the dice. At the very least line him up in a wildcat set a couple of plays a game.

Moore is not the answer and Clausen is not ready, and the team is winless. Worst thing happens is they lose again, which it appears they are going to do anyway with either of the 2 regular QB's...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I am inclined to agree. At this point, why not give the ball to A. Edwards and see what happens. It surely cannot be any worse. If he bombs you have not lost anything. I mean heck they gave up a 2nd rounder to get him and so far he has not grasped either the wide receiver position nor punt returner. Put him in his natural position and roll the dice. At the very least line him up in a wildcat set a couple of plays a game.

Moore is not the answer and Clausen is not ready, and the team is winless. Worst thing happens is they lose again, which it appears they are going to do anyway with either of the 2 regular QB's...
    Word is he isn't smart enough to learn the playbook. Take that for what its worth.

Bump to first page cuz WE WON!!!

marinate on this for a second...

we have the same record as the dallas cowboys...

Sigh.

GOOD-BYE Matt Moore, Steve Smith, Jimmy Clausen and John Fox... HELLO Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, Kyrie Iriving and Coach K!!!

Thank the lord NCAA bball starts today! I cant bear to watch Panthers "football" anymore

Shoulder injury ends Panthers QB Moore's season

In my opinion his season ended after week 3.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthers/story/8589716/

Questions for next year...

So, is Carolina playing for draft position for next season? If they end up 1-15, do they get first pick? Does anyone know what the draft options are (does Carolina have each of their picks in the rounds or did they trade some)? Sorry, while I root for the panthers, I don't follow nfl football (draft rules) that closely...

We have a first rounder, think we started our 2nd for...*sigh* Armanti Edwards. Might sound crazy, but I think we need to draft a QB. I know we have Clausen but he really looks lost out there...like, real lost. Get an elite QB with 1st rounder?

I can't believe the 'Boys stink as much as us. This team is far worse to watch than 1-15.

Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    We have a first rounder, think we started our 2nd for...*sigh* Armanti Edwards. Might sound crazy, but I think we need to draft a QB. I know we have Clausen but he really looks lost out there...like, real lost. Get an elite QB with 1st rounder?

I can't believe the 'Boys stink as much as us. This team is far worse to watch than 1-15.
    The number of holes on this team is staggering. Personally I would grab that WR from Georgia and try to get a decent QB through FA. Any QB you draft is going to be at least a year away from being serviceable, unless you luck up and grab a guy like Matt Ryan. Then again, the team has so many holes it could start just about anywhere.

The Edwards pick could go down as one of the worst in franchise history, right up there with Sean Gilbert. Heck, even Keary Colbert was active and played in games on occasion.
    "There can BE only one."

I know management said they wouldn't trade Smith or Williams back when they had the chance. I'd be curious to know exactly what they were offered for either player and even more curious to find out if they regret that decision.

I understand Otah is now gone for the year and he was supposed to be their best run blocker, but the team has been terrible in that aspect of the game and it's hard to believe that one player made such a difference.