Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 164
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    raleigh nc
    Lets not jump down Moore's throat after one game... was it a bad game? Yes. Does he deserve another chance? Yes. More than one in my opinion. The guy is still young and lets admit his protection wasn't great. Also the Giants are a pretty good team. Lets give he a few weeks... heck maybe the season to see if he can be our starting QB. I think the Panthers offense will be fine this seaon when the get back to running the ball, I'm more worried about the defense.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    how about a nice hot cup of 0-2?



  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North Raleigh
    I picked up Tampas' D in my FF league and gave them the start.
    I kinda feel dirty doing it, but I figured that Moore a 2nd yr QB, with only 1 real passing option would make mistakes and be easy to defend.

    That said, I hope they det the next one... but Im tempted to start whoever plays the Panthers until they can win one and have it burn me.

    I almost hope they are involved in the Vincent Jackson situation.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte
    You've got to think that Tampa at hoe was our easiesy game of the season, although we do travel to Cleveland, but to lose that one really, really hurts. I have the same sinking feeling when Moore drops back that I did when Jake was around.

    I don't know when, but Stevie is going to blow up soon...he asked for help all offseason and didn't get it. I don't know how Jarrett is still on the roster. I seriously doubt we will be involved in Vincent Jackson, per management and Fox's style.

    Young 2ndary hurts us. Freeman made some great plays with his and avoided more than one sack. With no push on the edge our secondary is left to cover for 10 seconds...

    We might have the first blackout in Panther's history this season. It seems like Richardson has given up on the year...I saw how fans turned on the Hornets, just hope it doesnt happen to the Panthers.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    You've got to think that Tampa at hoe was our easiesy game of the season, although we do travel to Cleveland, but to lose that one really, really hurts. I have the same sinking feeling when Moore drops back that I did when Jake was around.

    I don't know when, but Stevie is going to blow up soon...he asked for help all offseason and didn't get it. I don't know how Jarrett is still on the roster. I seriously doubt we will be involved in Vincent Jackson, per management and Fox's style.

    Young 2ndary hurts us. Freeman made some great plays with his and avoided more than one sack. With no push on the edge our secondary is left to cover for 10 seconds...

    We might have the first blackout in Panther's history this season. It seems like Richardson has given up on the year...I saw how fans turned on the Hornets, just hope it doesnt happen to the Panthers.
    Too late. The front office has not made any smart decisions the past 2 years, either through the draft, through trades, or through free agent signings. Our O-Line looks awful, our Quarterbacks barely exist (and Jimmy Clausen is the QB of the future? Puh-lease). On defense I don't even know where to start. Its going to take years to dig out of this hole, and I'm not a Panthers fan until the management at least starts to take steps in that direction. I'm as frustrated with the Panthers organization as I am with Duke's defense...things just should never be this bad.

    I hope we trade Steve Smith now, that guy doesn't deserve to suffer on this team. By the time we find a QB that can get him the ball he'll be 50 years old. Not to mention we have no other receivers to take some of the pressure off of Smith...double cover him and you basically take him away (although he does make great plays in double coverage with some frequency, I don't think Moore or Clausen can throw the ball well enough to give him that chance now).

    How long will it take to get new defensive backs, wide receivers, linemen, and a quarterback?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm as frustrated with the Panthers organization as I am with Duke's defense...things just should never be this bad.
    At least Duke's defense will improve.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by CLT Devil View Post
    You've got to think that Tampa at hoe was our easiesy game of the season, although we do travel to Cleveland, but to lose that one really, really hurts. I have the same sinking feeling when Moore drops back that I did when Jake was around.

    I don't know when, but Stevie is going to blow up soon...he asked for help all offseason and didn't get it. I don't know how Jarrett is still on the roster. I seriously doubt we will be involved in Vincent Jackson, per management and Fox's style.

    Young 2ndary hurts us. Freeman made some great plays with his and avoided more than one sack. With no push on the edge our secondary is left to cover for 10 seconds...

    We might have the first blackout in Panther's history this season. It seems like Richardson has given up on the year...I saw how fans turned on the Hornets, just hope it doesnt happen to the Panthers.
    That game was U-G-L-Y. Looking at the Giants play flat footed the following week makes our loss the week before look even worse now.

    I'm still wondering why Fox alternates Williams and Stewart in the first half, then Williams and Goodson in the second. Stewart rushed for over 1,100 yards last year, yet he can hardly get off the bench in the second half. The 4th and goal play they ran was just soo predictable. Why they waited until the last play to bring Stewart in cold and give him a shot I'll never know.

    So the strategy on how to beat Carolina is pretty simple. Put 7 or 8 men in the box, double cover Smitty, and dare the QB and #2/#3 WR's to beat you. So far, Carolina has been unable to get anything going in the running game, and with 3 very good backs that says something about the O line. I'm holding out hope that adding Otah back to the O-Line will improve the run blocking significantly, but this team looks to be playing for draft picks this year. I don't fault Fox, b/c Richardson and Hurney left him with practically no veterans to work with outside of a few guys in skill positions. This is the youngest team in the league, and boy do they look like it.

    If you want to get a PSL, this would be a good year to get a bargain on one...
    "There can BE only one."

  8. #28
    AT what point do you give up, tank the season, and make sure you have the #1 pick?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    at what point will fox and the OC be shown the door?


    a nice hot cup of 0-3 now...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    That game was U-G-L-Y. Looking at the Giants play flat footed the following week makes our loss the week before look even worse now.

    I'm still wondering why Fox alternates Williams and Stewart in the first half, then Williams and Goodson in the second. Stewart rushed for over 1,100 yards last year, yet he can hardly get off the bench in the second half. The 4th and goal play they ran was just soo predictable. Why they waited until the last play to bring Stewart in cold and give him a shot I'll never know.

    So the strategy on how to beat Carolina is pretty simple. Put 7 or 8 men in the box, double cover Smitty, and dare the QB and #2/#3 WR's to beat you. So far, Carolina has been unable to get anything going in the running game, and with 3 very good backs that says something about the O line. I'm holding out hope that adding Otah back to the O-Line will improve the run blocking significantly, but this team looks to be playing for draft picks this year. I don't fault Fox, b/c Richardson and Hurney left him with practically no veterans to work with outside of a few guys in skill positions. This is the youngest team in the league, and boy do they look like it.

    If you want to get a PSL, this would be a good year to get a bargain on one...
    For a team whose strong point is supposed to be the O-Line and running game we sure look to be in trouble. One theory: not only do we not have Otah, but I think we are feeling the sting of losing Hoover and even Muhammed, two above average blockers, especially Hoover who would so often get the backs to the hole and eat up a linebacker, then Moose who would seal off downfield and allow Deangelo to run wild. Their impact can not be forgotten on what all has gone wrong this season.

    I actually used to like Fox, and still feel like he is a good coach, but I think it's one of those things where the time is up. This begs the question; Who do we get? Do we get an offensive minded coach since every other one has been defensively minded? I say go for it. Everyone hating Davidson needs to realize it's Foxy who is calling the plays. Just look, Henning left and started the Wildcat...The Wildcat which is the sexy offense d'jour.

    I feel bad for Fox as he as always relied on Vets in key places, yet now there are only 3 people over 30 on the team. One can only hope that we are the next Packers with almost strictly homegrown talent. I sure hope Jimmy Clauen is the answer at QB.

    how long until Stevie has another episode?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    0-4........a special season indeed....

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    at what point will fox and the OC be shown the door?


    a nice hot cup of 0-3 now...
    Why should Fox go? In a banner free agency season, Carolina signed ZERO impact players while letting their best defensive player (in the history of the franchise) and their second best offensive player (who I didn't care for) go.

    Regardless of JD's headcase playing after the AZ playoff game, you can't go from one of the league's proven guys to NOBODY!!!

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    Why should Fox go? In a banner free agency season, Carolina signed ZERO impact players while letting their best defensive player (in the history of the franchise) and their second best offensive player (who I didn't care for) go.

    Regardless of JD's headcase playing after the AZ playoff game, you can't go from one of the league's proven guys to NOBODY!!!
    I thought he should have gone last year, along with Delhomme. At least they got rid of one of them.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    raleigh nc
    Some interesting quotes from Peppers about the Panthers

    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-panthers.html

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by cf-62 View Post
    Why should Fox go?
    I like Fox, but ask yourself which of these two has the better chance...
    1) making at least 17 yards on a 4th and 16 against the Saints defense with this offense, sans Mighty Mouse (aka Steve Smith)
    2) John Kasey hitting a 62 yard field goal.
    Sure he's aged and has a rebuilt knee but he has hit from over this distance before(preseason)

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Have we fumbled yet?
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    pep is coming for clausen today...

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Some interesting quotes from Peppers about the Panthers

    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...-panthers.html
    When you hear him speak on the local sports radio it is amazing how he contradicts himself so often. Look, the front office offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league...twice...and one time after he had his worst season of his career.

    He claims that nobody called to let him know, yet he would never respond to the offers that the Panthers made him, just silence. He also waited until the last day to sign his franchise tender. He can't have it both ways.

    I really think his agent/manager is not very good at what he does or else he could have gotten Pep out of Charlotte earlier and with more money, or at least as much as he is making now. When Pep came out publicly to say he did not want to play for Carolina and had about 5 teams where he would go he not only hurt the Panthers chances of getting maximum trade value for him but he also limited his options and these teams wouldn't have to offer as much to Pep because they knew he wanted out. Poorly handled by the agent.

    As much as I liked Jake his time in NC was over. The fans are pretty fickle and would have booed him relentlessly. It's also not Foxy Football to have a QB with a 'gunslinger' mentality. He wants a game manager, control the clock, run the ball and win the field position battle.

    Fox is not playing with his team this year. Richardson made some of the roster moves and basically said do what you can with what you have this year, next year we will have a ton of room to sign picks and important players like D'Angelo to long term deals. I hate to use the term 'rebuilding' but I see us much like the Packers were for the previous two years, minus Aaron Rodgers; we have the youngest roster and also the most players drafted by the team who are starters.

    Also, our run game has really been hurt by not having Hoover blasting through LB's and the downfield blocking of Moose.

    Lastly, this game has to qualify for some sort of record with a Rookie QB and two, possibly three rookie WR's starting (paging one Armanti Edwards).

    Could be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if we win the toss and defer to the Bears...play the field position game early.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is gonna be a long day.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    I think it's time for a try-out under fire season, to set the stating QB question to rest. I'm not sold on Clausen being able to move this offense.
    Edwards was only in to run the 'Wildcat'.
    Is there something wrong with Pike? He nearly always seemed to be cool under pressure last year at UC. He certainly has the right height for the job.
    It seems like that at least a third of Clausen's tosses are getting knocked down. That's only if his shot were to be on target. He's gettin' booed.


    Kasey still has the leg for his job.

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Carolina Panthers thread
    By throatybeard in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
  2. Carolina Panthers & Tailgating
    By jimmymax in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:08 PM
  3. Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Game2- Carolina-Kansas Thread
    By BlueintheFace in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 281
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •