Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm jealous. I bet those guys have a blast. I also bet Dre is happy to have his AAU bros down there with him. On top of that, I bet they have the experiences of a lifetime together.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Nashville View Post
    Were gonna get enough, so everyone can have two.

I do not know the meaning, maybe girls...haha
    Actually, I think he may have said "gonna get nut", so everyone can have two. A little off-color, and his teammates break up.

ironic that Dre is introducing the three guys that were originally scheduled to be his incoming classmates. I have to believe that Dre will be able to contribute more now that he has been thru a year of the ACC plus the National Championship (I never get tired of saying that) than if he had remained in HS for his Sr. year. Looks like we got a good bunch of kids to represent the program...

Andre looks to have taken a few pounds off since the end of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by CEF1959 View Post
    Judging from that video, if Kyrie Irving is 6'2", no way is Josh Hairston 6'9". Or even 6'8". I see a 4-5" difference in their heights, max.
    Funny, I was thinking that Irving looked a couple of inches taller than Thornton who Scout lists at 6'2". What ever is going on with the visual perspective, their listed heights don't seem correct.

What I'm thinking is that Andre STILL looks younger than any of his teammates-even these guys from the same freshman class. Such a baby face!

They all 3 (plus Dre) appear to have respect and closeness/fun together. I hope once the "competition" starts (within the team) that they can keep their togetherness and "team first" concept, I think Duke will be very exciting for the next few years. I just can't wait, not only for the upcoming season, but the future as well. Who said that USA Basketball will water-down, wear-down Coach K in regards to Duke?!?!? We Duke fans are the luckiest fans on the planet.

He says

"get a couple, we gon get enuf so errbody can have two"

I'm sure he is referring to repeating as champs, and then another championship after that so the freshman can have 2 as well.

Why is the first page and a half of this thread about perspective and if you all think maybe, perhaps Joshua is taller or not taller than he is supposed to be wearing certain shoes compared to others and how high the camera is and blah blah blah. Come on guys.
    Last edited by ThePublisher; 07-29-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    "get a couple, we gon get enuf so errbody can have two"

I'm sure he is referring to repeating as champs, and then another championship after that so the freshman can have 2 as well.
    That is the way I heard it too. I am pretty sure he was referring to Championships and like you said the fact that he wants everybody to have two. I am sure he would not make an off color comment such as the one mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by noyac View Post
    That is the way I heard it too. I am pretty sure he was referring to Championships and like you said the fact that he wants everybody to have two. I am sure he would not make an off color comment such as the one mentioned earlier.
    Well, he MIGHT make an off color comment (since I don't know him I can't say), but they probably wouldn't post it on Duke Blue Planet if he did.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    Funny, I was thinking that Irving looked a couple of inches taller than Thornton who Scout lists at 6'2". What ever is going on with the visual perspective, their listed heights don't seem correct.
    It may be that the way he's wearing that hat (together with the camera angle) makes KI look an inch or two taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitowndevil View Post
    It may be that the way he's wearing that hat (together with the camera angle) makes KI look an inch or two taller.
    Abraham Lincoln, who was 6'4 and taller than most in his age, wanted to exacerbate the difference even more by wearing his customary top hats.

Lyndon Johnson would make sure to have his chair raised higher than that of the political friends or foes who would enter his office, so that he would be able to look down upon them and influence their votes or political decisions.

Kyrie Irving's New Year's Resolution this year? Grow. In the meantime, he's following in the footsteps of other ballers in making the most of what you've got.