Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    I actually liked what I saw from Gbinije. He has a nice stroke and a purpose on the defensive end. He didn't try to force too many things and that seems to be his personality on the floor. Should be an excellent team guy. This kid will become a major impact player in his time at Duke.
    Agree. For those of you who missed the first half, Gbinije was the most impressive player in the first quarter: most energy, variety to his game, shoot, run-floor, follow up, spacing, passing. Not flashy in any of these areas, but smooth, smart. As commentators noted, he is an exemplar of the "He lets the game come to him" approach. His team was quite impressive in first half, scoring 44.

Second half? Wow, maybe his team scored only 2 points in 3d quarter. Given that Gbinije is his team's go-to guy, it did appear he was cramping or something. Near game's end, he was finally back in and made nice dish, but teammate couldn't finish.

Gbinije is solid.

That game last night was the 3rd game of the day for both of those teams. Austin had played just 2 hours prior and Gbinije had played 3 hours prior. I have a feeling tonight's Austin Rivers vs Brad Beal matchup will be higher quality basketball (although it will still be AAU.)

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    That game last night was the 3rd game of the day for both of those teams. Austin had played just 2 hours prior and Gbinije had played 3 hours prior. I have a feeling tonight's Austin Rivers vs Brad Beal matchup will be higher quality basketball (although it will still be AAU.)
    Fatigue would certainly explain some of the goings-on out there. The quality of play was really atrocious. Rivers didn't look impressive at all in the second half, and Gbinije didn't do anything at all in the second half. Being completely spent would explain it.

Had I known that it would be their third game of the day, I probably wouldn't have watched last night.