Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good point... the golden ticket seems to rule out the possibility that 815 didn't crash in an alternative universe.

I also agree that it would be most interesting if there is relatively little supernatural stuff.

Among many other confusions, if the timeline is straightforward, why isn't Kate in jail, and why did the show twice imply that Jack's father was still alive?

You only have nine months to clear up these issues for me.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Among many other confusions, if the timeline is straightforward, why isn't Kate in jail,
    I have no idea, but I'm immensely confident that the writers have not overlooked this tidbit.

and why did the show twice imply that Jack's father was still alive?
    It was just a simple misdirection - by a drunk and stoned Jack - in order for the twist of the flashforward to work. Nothing more.

top 20 comments from USA Today's Pop Candy

I usually don't wade through all of them, but wait for the top list. The top 20 came out today, including:
    "
    Wait! A new thought! What if it isn't Jack's flash forward, maybe it's Locke's. Maybe Locke sees Jack's future as Desmond was seeing Charlie's, and that's why he says to Jack that he isn't supposed to do this."
    http://blogs.usatoday.com/popcandy/2...sh_3.html#more
    Always sparks some new thoughts.

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Among many other confusions, if the timeline is straightforward, why isn't Kate in jail,

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    I have no idea, but I'm immensely confident that the writers have not overlooked this tidbit.

How about the 'him' she has to get back to is her husband, cop-Mal-Fillion from her early flashbacks? Maybe some sort of deal was worked out.
    Probably wishful thinking on my part to see Fillion in more episodes - I think he is a great actor.

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    [I]
    How about the 'him' she has to get back to is her husband, cop-Mal-Fillion from her early flashbacks? Maybe some sort of deal was worked out.
    Probably wishful thinking on my part to see Fillion in more episodes - I think he is a great actor.

Exiled
    Yay Firefly! Boo Fox for canceling and screwing it up...

Who ate the watermellon?

Ready to be freaked?

Is it possible that the folks behind Lost make mistakes-- bad mistakes-- when they are putting their scenes together or are most of the mistakes really clues and hints about what is going on? I know we spent a bit of time obsessing about the depth of the Looking Glass station and wondering how anyone could dive down that deep. Well, I've got another one for all of you... and it is waaay more freaky.

Remember when Locke is in Ben's house at the Other's camp? He goes into the fridge to get some chicken. Here is a screen cap of that scene:

A few moments later, Ben opens the fridge again to put the chicken back... here is a screen cap of that scene.

The contents of the fridge have changed-- somewhat dramatically. The watermelon is gone. The milk has moved. Eggs have appeared out of nowhere. The beer and the spam are both gone, replaced by what appear to be apples and some other fruit (or perhaps an onion?). The big tub of "White On..." is missing.

One or two small changes... I could understand that as a minor prop mistake. But this is a HUGE CHANGE in the content of that fridge. What is up with that?!?!

-Jason

my guess is

that it was necessary to move stuff out of the way to set up a clean shot for the camera in the fridge perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by Weks View Post
    that it was necessary to move stuff out of the way to set up a clean shot for the camera in the fridge perspective...
    Spoil sport!

As I said, it may have been a lousy prop/staging error but Lost usually pays such great attention to detail, I think it is worthwhile to note these errors because they may not be errors after all.

If they merely wanted to clear out space for the shot of Ben, they did not need to add new foods to the fridge. It seems like that is extra effort that would be counterproductive if they merely wanted to remove items to make the shot work better.

It is very possible they just shot these two scenes on different days and the fridge was stocked differently by mistake. I'd say there is at least a 50 or 60% chance that this is the explanation...

...but what if it is not.

-Jason "I think changing items in a fridge could work into an alternate universes/time threads converging on the Island kinda theory" Evans

Mundane matters

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Spoil sport!

As I said, it may have been a lousy prop/staging error but Lost usually pays such great attention to detail, I think it is worthwhile to note these errors because they may not be errors after all.

If they merely wanted to clear out space for the shot of Ben, they did not need to add new foods to the fridge. It seems like that is extra effort that would be counterproductive if they merely wanted to remove items to make the shot work better.

It is very possible they just shot these two scenes on different days and the fridge was stocked differently by mistake. I'd say there is at least a 50 or 60% chance that this is the explanation...

...but what if it is not.

-Jason "I think changing items in a fridge could work into an alternate universes/time threads converging on the Island kinda theory" Evans
    It seems to me that as salutary as the island is for living things (except pregnant women) it is equally beneficial to inanimate objects. From my years at sea with the Navy I would say to maintain, repair and replace all of the intricate machinery,equipment,computer systems,installations,and other things such as a submarine it would require an army of highly and diversely trained techs and workmen. The warehouse for spare parts and other supplies would dwarf any structure on the island. Yet everything seems to work when needed. Even the van came to life after minor tinkering despite years of exposure to the elements on a tropical island. Is this part of the island's mystery or a refusal of the writers to deal with mundane matters?

Quote Originally Posted by cowetarock View Post
    Even the van came to life after minor tinkering despite years of exposure to the elements on a tropical island. Is this part of the island's mystery or a refusal of the writers to deal with mundane matters?
    dude, it was a volkswagen. didn't you see sleeper?

Seriously, you're pulling our legs, right?

12. I've got a long post of season 3 thoughts up at Begging to Differ. (Last one fo the year, and be warned--it's long.) Unfortunately, I don't address Jason's "mysterious fridge" paradox.

By the way, I hope folks like my new Avatar. It is probably temporary, but I figured Charlie deserved some recognition after such a well-crafted ending.

-Jason "photo stolen from BlueDiablo's excellent BTD blog on Lost which is linked above" Evans

RIP Charlie.

LOST to undergo a major makeover

Wow, I just found this clip that is a hint at what season 4 has to offer. It is a promotional clip ABC made to show to advertisers and some select affiliates. WOW!! You won't believe the fundamental change they are making.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT7JN7iTubE

-Jason " Evans

Wow, I just found this clip that is a hint at what season 4 has to offer. It is a promotional clip ABC made to show to advertisers and some select affiliates. WOW!! You won't believe the fundamental change they are making.

Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT7JN7iTubE

-Jason " Evans
    Oh, man. That was some good stuff. Thanks for sharing. LOL!

Funny stuff Jason. Thanks!

I really liked the part about Kirk Cameron as Black Smoke and Roger Workman as Skeletor!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Thanks for the recap, diablo, and funny link, Jason.

If I lived in a parallel universe with a tad more time, I'd be interested in rewatching the whole thing, this time ignoring some of the personality-driven stuff and focusing on infrastructure (e.g., the island, the rock, etc).