Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Prolific actors Tom Cruise and Sean Penn have appeared together on the big screen in only one film. Can you name it?

--Jason
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Prolific actors Tom Cruise and Sean Penn have appeared together on the big screen in only one film. Can you name it?

--Jason
    TAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    TAPS.
    I knew that question was too easy.

Ok Duvall, your turn. Throw one out there... and don't make it too random.

--Jason "Taps is a great film, this generation of moviegoers needs to watch it" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    As an aside, I would submit that Deslok's question SUCKED as at least Clockwork Orange as well as Amadeus fit the answer -- and probably many others too.

--Jason "...in the next post" Evans
    A Clockwork Orange definitely does not fit the question. Alex is most certainly not the villain of the story. He's a loathsome creature, but it is those who would take away his free will to act(often in horrible ways) who in fact, are the villains of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    A Clockwork Orange definitely does not fit the question. Alex is most certainly not the villain of the story. He's a loathsome creature, but it is those who would take away his free will to act(often in horrible ways) who in fact, are the villains of the film.
    You have a point about the assault on Alex's free will as a major point of the story and, pehaps, that is the villian.

But Alex, who the story is about, is most certainly also a villian. He beats people for no good reason and commits rape. I am trying to remember if he actually kills anyone. He is truly a monster, as you put it. He certainly does far more evil and villanous things than Salieri, who really just dislikes Mozart because Mozart is so talented. What villanous acts, other than jealousy, does Salieri commit? I guess he tries to steal Mozart's final symphony, but that is about it.

So, we have rape, assault, and numerous other crimes against society on one hand and a really jealous guy who tries, and fails, to steal a symphony on the other hand.

I again submit that your question was ambiguous enough so that numerous answers could fit and my answer does fit.

-Jason "take that!" Evans

Alright, sense Duvall has asked one in a while, I will ask one:

In what movie does Angelina Jolie kill a guy named Richard after he tried to kill Denzel Wahington and solve who the blank is?
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 07-25-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: removed extra quoted material

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Feel free.

In what movie does Angelina Jolie kill a guy named Richard after he tried to kill Denzel Wahington and solve who the blank is?

I again submit that your question was ambiguous enough so that numerous answers could fit and my answer does fit.

-Jason "take that!" Evans
    [/QUOTE]

Incorrect.

The Bone Collector.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

My follow-up question (possibly too easy):

In what movie did Harold just think it was a Wednesday?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    My follow-up question (possibly too easy):

In what movie did Harold just think it was a Wednesday?

Stranger Than Fiction

Stranger Than Fiction
    You are correct sir.

What movie had three excellent male leads but they ended up giving out a Best Supporting Actress oscar?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    What movie had three excellent male leads but they ended up giving out a Best Supporting Actress oscar?
    The first one that comes to mind is "LA Confidential", which had excellent performances from Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, and Kevin Spacey, and an Oscar win for Kim Basinger as Best Supporting Actress.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    The first one that comes to mind is "LA Confidential", which had excellent performances from Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, and Kevin Spacey, and an Oscar win for Kim Basinger as Best Supporting Actress.
    Very good, sir.

Some good questions so far. I have a few where movies and TV collide.

I'm thinking of an early 1990s film. It featured Actor A, Actor B, and (apparently, though I don't remember him) Actor C. The film had a sequel, which featured Actor A and Actor C (this time in a more sizable role). Actor A and Actor B have since reunited on a TV show still making new episodes, with Actor C dropping by as a recurring character. Name the films, actors, and TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Some good questions so far. I have a few where movies and TV collide.

I'm thinking of an early 1990s film. It featured Actor A, Actor B, and (apparently, though I don't remember him) Actor C. The film had a sequel, which featured Actor A and Actor C (this time in a more sizable role). Actor A and Actor B have since reunited on a TV show still making new episodes, with Actor C dropping by as a recurring character. Name the films, actors, and TV show.
    I know everything but Actor C. I also don't think Actor B was really featured in the first movie, but maybe I am remembering incorrectly. No idea who Actor C is but I don't watch the TV show because it is awful.

Almost had it

I figured out Actors A and B, but couldn't think of Actor C without cheating. It's been so long, I forgot that Actor C was in the second movie (I don't remember him in the first on either).
    devildm
    Duke '03

Quote Originally Posted by devildm View Post
    I figured out Actors A and B, but couldn't think of Actor C without cheating. It's been so long, I forgot that Actor C was in the second movie (I don't remember him in the first on either).
    I had to look up one of the actors. Forgot about those movies.

Since no one has asked in the past 24 hours, I will jump in and ask one.

What movie starts out with the song Hoochie Coochie Man?