Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Movie Trivia Thread

I thought I would make one of these since I have them elsewhere and It hought it would be fun here.

Ask any question that has to do with an actor, actress or Movie. It can be anything from a scene of a movie, a famous quote, something juicy that happened in actor/ actress life, anything. Who answers the question right will have to put there own question up.

The only rule is, is that you may not look any of these answers up.

I will star

From what Movie does this phrase come from: " I am having an old friend for dinner"

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    I thought I would make one of these since I have them elsewhere and It hought it would be fun here.

Ask any question that has to do with an actor, actress or Movie. It can be anything from a scene of a movie, a famous quote, something juicy that happened in actor/ actress life, anything. Who answers the question right will have to put there own question up.

The only rule is, is that you may not look any of these answers up.

I will star

From what Movie does this phrase come from: " I am having an old friend for dinner"
    Silence of the Lambs?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    What movie(there may be more than one, but I can only think of one that is well known, received critical acclaim, won awards) is told, unequivocally, from the point of view of the villain of the story(not bad guy who becomes good, or split personality, just straight forward, the villain of the story from start to end)?

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    What movie(there may be more than one, but I can only think of one that is well known, received critical acclaim, won awards) is told, unequivocally, from the point of view of the villain of the story(not bad guy who becomes good, or split personality, just straight forward, the villain of the story from start to end)?
    I think that new one with Casey Affleck is like that. Supposed to be pretty disturbing -- "The Killer Inside Me" I believe.

Otherwise, I would have to guess... Night of the Hunter? I guess American Psycho is not it due to the ***SPOILERS FOR A 10 YEAR OLD MOVIE AND 25 YEAR OLD BOOK******* likelihood he may not have really killed anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    I think that new one with Casey Affleck is like that. Supposed to be pretty disturbing -- "The Killer Inside Me" I believe.

Otherwise, I would have to guess... Night of the Hunter? I guess American Psycho is not it due to the ***SPOILERS FOR A 10 YEAR OLD MOVIE AND 25 YEAR OLD BOOK******* likelihood he may not have really killed anyone?
    I often use the line "I have to return some video tapes" when I need to get off the phone.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Well, I'm thinking of one that won an Academy Award(as in, a major one, not one of the ones that doesn't even make the TV broadcast), and I've never actually seen Night of the Hunter, so am unsure of how the story is told(I know the basic outline of the movie though).

I'm assuming this is not a gangster movie? Since I think Scarface, the Godfathers, Goodfellas etc are all told from the villains perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by deslok View Post
    what movie(there may be more than one, but i can only think of one that is well known, received critical acclaim, won awards) is told, unequivocally, from the point of view of the villain of the story(not bad guy who becomes good, or split personality, just straight forward, the villain of the story from start to end)?
    GONE WITH THE WIND?

m.

That's some bad hat, Harry

This one intrigued me for about a year - and I was stunned when I saw the source while I was watching a very frequently re-watched old movie.
    The line, "That's some bad hat, Harry" is voiced over the credits played at the end of the TV show, "House".
    That line comes from a REALLY REALLY popular movie - any takers???

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    This one intrigued me for about a year - and I was stunned when I saw the source while I was watching a very frequently re-watched old movie.
    The line, "That's some bad hat, Harry" is voiced over the credits played at the end of the TV show, "House".
    That line comes from a REALLY REALLY popular movie - any takers???
    OH I know this! I was pretty surprised when I noticed it while I was watching the movie, Jaws.

By the way, Devilhorns was correct that the film was Silence of the Lambs... a pretty easy question if you ask me

I think the idea was that you could not post a trivia question unless you were the person who answered the previous one. Still, I kinda like deslok's question. I've come up with plenty of films where the entire flick followed and focused on a villain, but the idea is that the villain actually tells the story, right? Hmmm.

-Jason "this could be fun..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hey, here is an answer-- Despicable Me! Ha!

Actually, I just came up with the answer... A Clockwork Orange. Malcolm McDowell's Alex is a bad dude and he is the one who tells the entire story.

Did I get it right? Do I get to ask the next question?

--Jason "gotta get dinner, I'll be back with a question in a few hours" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    OH I know this! I was pretty surprised when I noticed it while I was watching the movie, Jaws.
    That's it - it startled me when I heard it about as much as some of the shark scenes - way to go!

Amadeus?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    Silence of the Lambs?
    Correct.

New Movie Quote

What movie? No Google for 24 hours, please...

"You move like a pregnant Yak."

Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post

I dunno, but 'yak' is an excellent Hangman answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Actually, I just came up with the answer... A Clockwork Orange. Malcolm McDowell's Alex is a bad dude and he is the one who tells the entire story.
    Alex was a monster, but was he a villain? Can you even have a villain without a protagonist?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Amadeus?
    That is the answer I was looking for. Not by any outside standards, but to himself, to the story being told, Salieri is the villain, and it is his story of the life of Amadeus.

Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post

Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.

The adventure also ended because the movie, which was supposed to launch a franchise, was so laughably bad that no sequel could be made. Mystical martial arts master Joel Gray spoke that line as he was training Remo in a scene that was probably supposed to be something from The Karate Kid.

As an aside, I would submit that Deslok's question SUCKED as at least Clockwork Orange as well as Amadeus fit the answer -- and probably many others too.

So, I am submitting my own question...

--Jason "...in the next post" Evans