Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1

    Deadspin Thinks DBR Is Whiny


  2. #2

    Well

    We are some of the time, actually.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    raleigh nc
    Most people don't think we deserve to whine when we want to, mostly because of the sucess we have here but I actually think sometimes there is movement away from "Duke-loving" in the mainstream media. Mostly because so many people complained about the love affair Duke has had with ESPN, Dickie-V, etc. since the 90's so now I think the media over compensates so they can be like, "See, we arent biased towards Duke."

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    We are some of the time, actually.
    Yes, I would agree with this, but not the way they are saying it. We can be when things are going wrong sure, but what is there to whine about now? We are the defending National Champions!!

  5. #5

    Come On...Seriously

    It's DEADSPIN. What else did you expect?

    It's ridiculous to debate an "issue" mentioned in Deadspin, because it's NOT a serious site.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I'm instantly reminded of Ron White's debate answer.
    Mmmm, BBQ!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Well, people on DBR do whine. But they also add value. Deadspin is worthless. As far as I can tell, it's only purpose is to try to be humorous. And it fails at that.

  8. #8
    That's nice. I think Deadspin is staffed by degenerate no-talents, so I guess we're even.

    All fans are whiny; it comes with the territory. Fandom is pretty much a clear sign of low moral character.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm instantly reminded of Ron White's debate answer.

    True! True!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    That's nice. I think Deadspin is staffed by degenerate no-talents, so I guess we're even.
    I have to admit... that article was pretty hysterical. Though it's kind of hard to make Coach K anti-Semitic considering that he's coached one of the best Jewish player of our generation (Scheyer).

  11. #11
    Waaaaah!!!!! Deadspin doesn't like us!!!!! Oh no, what am I going to do now?!!!!

    Oh look, cake!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by BattierBattalion View Post
    I have to admit... that article was pretty hysterical. Though it's kind of hard to make Coach K anti-Semitic considering that he's coached one of the best Jewish player of our generation (Scheyer).

    It is pretty funny, you gotta take something like that in stride. Actually I thought this part was the best:

    If you look at our team now, you'll see an enormously diverse group. Some of them are from New Jersey. Some are from Connecticut. Some are from New York. And a couple more are from New Jersey. And they all have divergent interests. Jordan Davidson likes Coldplay, whereas David McClure prefers David Gray

    Hahahahaha, awesome.

  13. #13
    The thread linked in the deadspin post is pretty whiny and embarrassing.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    It is pretty funny, you gotta take something like that in stride. Actually I thought this part was the best:

    If you look at our team now, you'll see an enormously diverse group. Some of them are from New Jersey. Some are from Connecticut. Some are from New York. And a couple more are from New Jersey. And they all have divergent interests. Jordan Davidson likes Coldplay, whereas David McClure prefers David Gray

    Hahahahaha, awesome.
    Hate to be that guy, but David McClure graduated last year.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    It is pretty funny, you gotta take something like that in stride. Actually I thought this part was the best:

    If you look at our team now, you'll see an enormously diverse group. Some of them are from New Jersey. Some are from Connecticut. Some are from New York. And a couple more are from New Jersey. And they all have divergent interests. Jordan Davidson likes Coldplay, whereas David McClure prefers David Gray

    Hahahahaha, awesome.
    Agree completely. My favorite part is...

    "Lots of our kids have gone on to great careers in fields like finance, or investment banking, or stockbroking, or trading, or investment trading, or financial stockbroking. The options are limitless..."

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy
    Hate to be that guy, but David McClure graduated last year.
    CC84 was quoting the article, which was written in 2008.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by BattierBattalion View Post
    Agree completely. My favorite part is...

    "Lots of our kids have gone on to great careers in fields like finance, or investment banking, or stockbroking, or trading, or investment trading, or financial stockbroking. The options are limitless..."



    CC84 was quoting the article, which was written in 2008.
    Oh alright,

    ChicagoCrazy- Quote tags are your friend

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by BattierBattalion View Post
    Agree completely. My favorite part is...

    "Lots of our kids have gone on to great careers in fields like finance, or investment banking, or stockbroking, or trading, or investment trading, or financial stockbroking. The options are limitless..."



    CC84 was quoting the article, which was written in 2008.

    Yes! Hilarious. And yes, I am aware that David McClure graduated in '08

  18. #18

    Who cares what 'Deadspin' says about us.

    See the title. This is a Duke basketball fan website. Who gives a ---- about Deadspin. What do they know about college basketball.

  19. #19
    I prefer The Big Lead myself. Like every media savvy sports blog aggregate, they hate Duke as well, but will give the team props when due and probably wouldn't stoop to satire laced with anti-semite ramblings.

    The whole whining about Duke being left out of the ESPN champion montage is whiny. Who cares? At the same time every entitled sports fanbase of a well known team tends to get whiny and hyper-sensitive about something. Our pals down the road were 100% confident than Bob Knight called out Beaker's penchant for traveling on ESPN because K called in a favor. They truly believe it.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    I prefer The Big Lead myself. Like every media savvy sports blog aggregate, they hate Duke as well, but will give the team props when due and probably wouldn't stoop to satire laced with anti-semite ramblings.

    The whole whining about Duke being left out of the ESPN champion montage is whiny. Who cares? At the same time every entitled sports fanbase of a well known team tends to get whiny and hyper-sensitive about something. Our pals down the road were 100% confident than Bob Knight called out Beaker's penchant for traveling on ESPN because K called in a favor. They truly believe it.
    That's absolute bullhockey. True friends like Bob and Mike don't have to call in favors. Bob just knew what had to be done, like magic!!

Similar Threads

  1. Coach K thinks players should be able to go straight to NBA
    By flyingdutchdevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. Celtics vs. Magic on Deadspin
    By NovaScotian in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
  3. Any punk who thinks pork < beef...
    By Lord Ash in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •