Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    You think that they will try out another walk-on. I can't remember the last time that we entered the season with only 12 on the roster. It won't mean much other than during practice, but that's still pretty important.
    I heard that a clone will be arriving on Campus from an experimental compound on a remote South Pacific island in the late Summer. Reportedly this clone is called, Davidson 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    A former team manager who became a walkon midseason last year.
    I don't think he was ever a manager...unless I missed it. He practiced with the team from the onset as a freshman and officially made the roster in December of last year.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I don't think he was ever a manager...unless I missed it. He practiced with the team from the onset as a freshman and officially made the roster in December of last year.
    This is correct. Todd was a practice player and joined the team after Olek transferred. He's a true sophomore this coming year (and apparently a very nice guy from my friends who lived in his dorm).

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    A 6-8 forward from Lake Forest, Illinois.

Also a member of the 2010 NCAA champions.
    I'm confused Duvall, Duke players don't have positions
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Talking Son and Father

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    A 6-8 forward from Lake Forest, Illinois.

Also a member of the 2010 NCAA champions.
    Father Mike S. Zafiroski was an executive at GE (head of worldwide lighting), Motorola (Ch. Operating Officer) and Nortel (CEO). He was born in Macedonia and came to the US with his family at age 15.

sagegrouse

That explains it

Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I heard that a clone will be arriving on Campus from an experimental compound on a remote South Pacific island in the late Summer. Reportedly this clone is called, Davidson 3.0.
    No wonder most folks think Duke will be unstoppable next year!

Player wearing #1

OK, I'm getting old and forgetful - I don't remember a Duke player wearing the #1 like Irving will this season - Someone help an old head out here ----

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    Although I won't swear as it is against my morals I'm positive he was referring to Cal's statement. And just for clarity, Cal said it was the greatest.
    Sorry for the ambiguity; yes I was referring to Cal's statement. And since Duke has already had 4 players selected in the lottery of the 1999 draft, that would have to be the greatest day in Duke history, with the upcoming draft potentially being the second.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeAppWV View Post
    OK, I'm getting old and forgetful - I don't remember a Duke player wearing the #1 like Irving will this season - Someone help an old head out here ----
    IIRC from a story I read a few weeks ago (Maybe it was the Jay Williams interview?), Coach K has not had a #1 before. But said something to the effect of waiving that rule for Kyrie because he is that good.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4862314

This is the video I was thinking of. It mentions it around the 2 minute mark, but does not give a reason of why he was allowed to wear #1.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDevil View Post
    Sorry for the ambiguity; yes I was referring to Cal's statement. And since Duke has already had 4 players selected in the lottery of the 1999 draft, that would have to be the greatest day in Duke history, with the upcoming draft potentially being the second.
    Actually, only 3 players in the lottery. Back in '99, there were only 13 lottery teams.

I think UNC is the only team to have 4 players selected in the lottery (2005)
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Looks like an impressive roster. Everyone will be gunning for Duke all season.