Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up What player are you most looking forward to seeing next year?

I'm kinda getting tired of seeing the same threads at the top of the page other than the "2009-2010 National Champion Duke Blue Devils"... that one never gets old to me! So i figured id start a new one because im very curious on what player everyone is looking forward to seeing the start of the 2010-2011 season and why?!

Mine would def def be Kyrie Irving (prob like most) Its been so long since Duke has a PG of this caliber. I cannot wait to see what K and the Coaching staff will do with his talent. Plus it really seems this is the 1st year since what 2002 or 2004 that we havent had ANY question marks in our lineup, whether backcourt/frontcourt depth, bench, senior leadership ect... I really wish i was November 14th

Several

But I guess Curry will be the one after KI. From what I've heard his game is way up there. That's including defense. So I guess Seth is the one I most wanting to see take the court. Go Duke!

KI. haven't been this excited for a recruit since jwill

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    KI. haven't been this excited for a recruit since jwill
    i know i feel the exact same way. Love our senions coming into the year including my fav from last year in Mason but man KI can take us back to back again.

Nolan

All of them

I am looking forward to seeing improvement from our bigs Miles, Mason and especially Ryan and seeing what they can do now that the team will be depending on them. Though I follow recruiting (too much) and enjoy watching new players, I really enjoy watching players improve from year to year.

I'm interested to see if Kyrie is all that they talk about?

I want to see Curry and his game. I'm concerned if his game is all that, he may be gone after next year too.

I want to see Nolan again. Is he really intense for next year, can he lead them back to another title?

Singler, see Nolan.

I want to see Miles. Will he step up?

I want to see if Mason improved enough to keep up with the college game.

I want to see Kelly's improvement. I watched the video that was saying he is bulked up and saw he has meat on his arms but in no way would I say he "bulked" up. The whole video showed his outside game and some uncontested dunks. Not sure he has improved his game. No guy in the video was close to being as tall as him.

I want to see Andre and if he will come out of his shell.

I want to see if Duke can answer the bell and get back to the final four or if having a target on their backs will be too much.

I want to see UNC fans cry when Coach K ties them in NC wins and has 2 back-to-back NC that they will never be able to match.

I hope the good Lord in looking down on Coach K and Duke!

Singler

I want to see Kyle rip up the league while playing at the level of a second year NBA player.

And I want to see the '92 swagger from everybody.

Kyle; his basketball and athletic skills improved significantly toward the end of last season and -- perhaps more important -- his leadership, selflessness and tenacity were extremely evident. I suspect all this suggests potential excellence as a Captain, and I look forward to seeing it.

Why no poll?

This thread should have been a poll. I'm going to go with a tie as I'm very interested in seeing both Singler and Smith execute their role as senior leaders. This team will be young with only three upperclassmen on the roster so strong leadership is going to be vital to success.
    Bob Green

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacone21 View Post
    I want to see Kyle rip up the league while playing at the level of a second year NBA player.

And I want to see the '92 swagger from everybody.
    I also want to see Kyle ripping people apart from day 1, but I disagree about that '92 swagger. In '92 we brought back all the same personal, added a couple hot recruits, and ran over almost every other team because we KNEW we had the pieces in place for a title. This year is different, in that this year's team is going to operate very differently from last year's team. I would rather see them come out with a totally new fire to compete and win. Not that swagger is bad, but many of the expected key contributors this year either were not on the team last year or got limited minutes. Just a thought.

Can Ryan Kelly produce offense like he was recruited to do? (Don't forget, many services had him ahead of Mason).

Can Andre Dawkins complement his shooting game with an expanded offensive repertoire?

Can Miles and Mason bring the rebounding and the toughness we lost in Lance and Brian?

Can Seth Curry really be the best player on the court, as supposedly he was in practice oftentimes last year?

Can Nolan and Kyle assume the reins and hit the ground running with 'their' team?

Its too exciting. At least we have football season to distract us before CTC!

Davidson fans, who have seen Seth play and know the family, have a pretty good idea what you will see from the new number 30.

Most people have no idea.

Seth is going to be great.

Curry

Simply because I honestly don't know what to expect from him. He has rave reviews from the coaches, but I haven't seen any of his game outside of youtube highlights. He is likely much improved from his freshman season at Liberty.

Who knows how good he actually will be? Kyrie or Nolan good? or EVEN better?

Besides Kyrie?

I want to see Mason become the most dominant inside force in all of college basketball.

If I HAD to pick just one, I'd pick Kyle because I think he could dominate (as could Nolan). Like many others on this thread, I'm looking forward to seeing something from everyone. Heck, I'm excited about something from just about everyone of our guys. I still can't believe how stacked we are coming off a National Championship and the loss of 3 seniors.

Is it time for practice to start yet? Anyone have extra tickets?

In order:

I think the obvious choice would have to be Kyrie. #2 recruit in the nation and best point guard prospect we've had since Jason Williams. I can't wait to see how he transforms our offense.

Seth Curry is also someone I can't wait to see. I loved/love watching his brother at Davidson (and now with GS) and from reviews, Seths talent isn't far behind. Can't wait to see this kid in a Duke uniform (actually on the court though lol)

Nolan Smith should be a gem to watch also. Seeing his improvement from Soph to Jr. Year was incredible and from what Ive heard, Nolan might be ready to put his name in the NPOY hunt this year.

I also can't wait to see the development of the Plumlees. Miles Plumlee and his new beard should be a beast in the post and will hopefully solidify himself as one of the best centers in the ACC. Mason will have a whole year this go round and it will be interesting, with his athleticism, to see if he lives up to the hype.

Andre Dawkins will be let off the leash this year. He got off to a great start last year but tragedy, and lack of experience led to him not performing all that well. His shot should be deadly and hopefully he has improved his driving skills so all of that athleticism doesn't go to waste.

I also want to see how Ryan Kelly has developed from last year when he didn't get all that much playing time with his lack of girth. He has gained some muscle and weight and will hopefully be ready for collegiate play and give some solid minutes off the bench.

We already know what Kyle gives and Im pulling for Josh Hairston to perform well and give some solid minutes off the bench. Tyler Thornton will probably be the odd man out in the guard rotation but he should provide good leadership and defense when he does get into the game.

Overall should be a great season for Duke and I certainly can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jjh1080 View Post
    I'm interested to see if Kyrie is all that they talk about?

I want to see Curry and his game. I'm concerned if his game is all that, he may be gone after next year too.

I want to see Nolan again. Is he really intense for next year, can he lead them back to another title?

Singler, see Nolan.

I want to see Miles. Will he step up?

I want to see if Mason improved enough to keep up with the college game.

I want to see Kelly's improvement. I watched the video that was saying he is bulked up and saw he has meat on his arms but in no way would I say he "bulked" up. The whole video showed his outside game and some uncontested dunks. Not sure he has improved his game. No guy in the video was close to being as tall as him.

I want to see Andre and if he will come out of his shell.

I want to see if Duke can answer the bell and get back to the final four or if having a target on their backs will be too much.

I want to see UNC fans cry when Coach K ties them in NC wins and has 2 back-to-back NC that they will never be able to match.

I hope the good Lord in looking down on Coach K and Duke!
    I think that the Good Lord has much more important things to do than look down on Coach K and Duke, it is not one of her priorities and knowing Coach K, I think that he would agree.

Nolan for sure

After his Redick-like improvement from Soph to Junior, I'm ready to see another Redick-like improvement from Junior to Senior.

If Nolan continues to work on his 3-pt shooting and drive-and-dish skills, he will be unstoppable.

IMO, I see Nolan being our top scorer next year. Don't know why - I just do.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Gotta be Kyle

I've enjoyed watching Kyle for three years, because he does nearly everything well. In my mind, he has a very good chance to be one of Duke's alltime best. How often do we get to see a player like that in his senior year? Watch carefully, because players like him rarely come around.

Don't get me wrong: I'm looking forward to seeing how good Curry is, how much MP1 improves, if MP2 can harness that physical talent, if Irving really is as good as advertised, watching Dawkins make great leaps forward, seeing how Kelly fits in, and watching Hairston and Thornton contribute. But not as much as watching Kyle for a fourth year.

Nolan

I'm always looking forward to seeing the new players (counting Curry as new since I really have not seen him play) but for me the greatest joy in college basketball has always been the increasingly rare pleasure of watching a young player develop over four years. So if I had to pick one it would be Nolan, with Kyle running a close second.