Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    By the way, does the "it" in your second sentence refer to "more," "educational system" or "Grammar" in the first sentence? Is English Grammar routinely a proper noun? just thought I'd ask.

I apologize if my first question is tricky.
    Well, ouch--way to spot the unclear pronoun reference. If one of my students wrote this sentence, though, I would probably let it go, because I didn't have any trouble figuring out the reference (I'm assuming it's to "educational system"). I like to save my ammunition for the errors that interfere with comprehension (and I see plenty of them).

OK

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Well, ouch--way to spot the unclear pronoun reference. If one of my students wrote this sentence, though, I would probably let it go, because I didn't have any trouble figuring out the reference (I'm assuming it's to "educational system"). I like to save my ammunition for the errors that interfere with comprehension (and I see plenty of them).
    I try not to comment on grammar, spelling, etc. If, however, the point of a post is about English failures, we shouldn't see any errors. Should we?