Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Maui 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maui 2011

Excuse if this is redundant but I see numerous posts of how Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Tenn are going to Maui 2011 but no official word for will come until after 2010. My questions to poster are 1) is this true
    2) has anyone been to this tourney looks awesome like they are playing in a high school gym so you are right there and get to see top players

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I googled that, and found a lot about the 2011 tourney from articles in 2009.
    http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/...on-tournament/

It sounds right though, Duke usually plays on a 4 year cycle, and we were there last in 2007. (We won )
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It sounds right though, Duke usually plays on a 4 year cycle, and we were there last in 2007. (We won )
    And 4 years before that, Duke won in 2003. I vividly remember K's sideline reenactment of Dahntay's monster dunk against Miami of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    And 4 years before that, Duke won in 2003. I vividly remember K's sideline reenactment of Dahntay's monster dunk against Miami of Ohio.
    damn i don't even remember that dunk or the re-enactment. any video/link??

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I don't remember a Maui tourney with such a high number of big name teams, and in all likelyhood all 4 of us will be coming off of respectable NCAA tourney runs in 2011. Any of those four could be in the Final Four given the right circumstances, that's a pretty insane lineup if all 4 are going.

edit..changed typo date.
    Last edited by CameronBornAndBred; 07-12-2010 at 07:22 PM.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I don't remember a Maui tourney with such a high number of big name teams, and in all likelyhood all 4 of us will be coming off of respectable NCAA tourney runs in 2010. Any of those four could be in the Final Four given the right circumstances, that's a pretty insane lineup if all 4 are going.
    I'm not sure I follow- which teams are you talking about that made these NCAA tourney runs? The only ones I've seen mentioned are from the below post and the article posted earlier in the thread, which not including Duke amounts to

Tennessee
    Georgetown
    Kansas
    Michigan

Tennessee made it to the elite 8, which was more than respectable, but the others were complete duds with Mich not even making the tourney. Is there another group of teams going that I didn't see? Apologies if so.

Quote Originally Posted by tecumseh View Post
    Excuse if this is redundant but I see numerous posts of how Duke, Georgetown, Kansas, Tenn...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I'm not sure I follow- which teams are you talking about that made these NCAA tourney runs? The only ones I've seen mentioned are from the below post and the article posted earlier in the thread, which not including Duke amounts to

Tennessee
    Georgetown
    Kansas
    Michigan

Tennessee made it to the elite 8, which was more than respectable, but the others were complete duds with Mich not even making the tourney. Is there another group of teams going that I didn't see? Apologies if so.
    Not MADE, but have the potential to make (in 2010). Of course we have no idea what they'll look like in 2011, or how they will actually do next year..but the potential is there for Duke, Georgetown, Kansas and Tennessee to run deep.

Edit..I just looked at my post, I meant to have 2011 as the date..my bad. I mean this coming season's tourney.

I don't remember a Maui tourney with such a high number of big name teams, and in all likelyhood all 4 of us will be coming off of respectable NCAA tourney runs in 2011. Any of those four could be in the Final Four given the right circumstances, that's a pretty insane lineup if all 4 are going.

edit..changed typo date.
    That's an awfully generous assessment of Georgetown and Tennessee. They should have decent teams this year, but predicting lengthy stays in the NCAA Tournament is a bit much. Kansas should have fully reloaded by 2012, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    That's an awfully generous assessment of Georgetown and Tennessee. They should have decent teams this year, but predicting lengthy stays in the NCAA Tournament is a bit much. Kansas should have fully reloaded by 2012, though.
    I thought we were a decent team heading into this year. My vote, along with most of us, was I'd be happy with elite 8. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    damn i don't even remember that dunk or the re-enactment. any video/link??
    Go to DukeBluePlanet.com and on the right, 3rd option down called Duke dunks, you'll see that dunk and the Coach K re-enactment along with many other excellent dunks.

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    Go to DukeBluePlanet.com and on the right, 3rd option down called Duke dunks, you'll see that dunk and the Coach K re-enactment along with many other excellent dunks.
    Thanks, I've since seen it a couple of times. Love the K re-enactment!

I went in 2001 with my Mom and had a blast. We had host school tickets through my cousin so could come and go as we pleased and watch other games than just Duke's. Got a picture with JD and remember DJ's dunk. I'd never really been that close to the action before and marveled at how fast the game can be and how tall these guys really are. We stayed in the condos on the other side of the golf course behind the main strip of hotels and had a gorgeous view. Even got to see the meteor shower at 3am, lying down on lawn chairs in the middle of the golf course. Not to mention we spent Thanksgiving with my cousin whom I rarely get to see. One of the absolute, best experiences of my life.

Maui Invitational Email list signup: http://www.mauiinvitational.com/signup.asp

http://www.goduke.com//ViewArticle.d...CLID=205012269

Duke is now in the field for Maui Invitational

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post

Thanks very much, I still can't see how I missed this. Appreciate your help.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Thanks very much, I still can't see how I missed this. Appreciate your help.
    Ary, many thanks. weezie, I missed it too, so don't feel too bad.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Signup is now on the front page, and they are also on Twitter.

Looks like tickets are not yet open for general purchase.

Family is all booked for flights and a house rental on Front St. I'll be bummed if we miss out on tickets. But at least I'll be bummed on Maui.

could be a lot of fun

i will be at KU this fall and personally hope that its a KU-DUKE final..make my life around campus a lot more fun since almost every piece of clothing i wear is duke...i tweeted nolan smith the other day asking him if i should rep duke around campus if it comes to the final and to my amazement he tweeted back! made my summer haha...he is seriously my favorite duke player ever. #barnone ...also i need advice..i have duke stickers on my car which i will be keeping at ku...should i take them off or not??

Quote Originally Posted by mikegismynewhero View Post
    i will be at KU this fall and personally hope that its a KU-DUKE final..make my life around campus a lot more fun since almost every piece of clothing i wear is duke...i tweeted nolan smith the other day asking him if i should rep duke around campus if it comes to the final and to my amazement he tweeted back! made my summer haha...he is seriously my favorite duke player ever. #barnone ...also i need advice..i have duke stickers on my car which i will be keeping at ku...should i take them off or not??
    Might be asking to get a window knocked out. I would be willing to bet that probably 99% of the student body would not do anything, but it only takes one drunk jerk.

wore my duke hat to breakfast this morning and nothing was said..and my car still looks good from my dorm window..i think itll be good...until duke beats down on ku in maui haha...but if anyone wants...i can give the inside scoop into what the feel around campus about ku basketball and how their season is goin..it would be interesting because like duke kansas has veterans leaving and an up-and-coming new core of players...thanks!