Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Marshall Plumlee to Duke

nice!

This is great news. Is this a first, have 3 brothers ever played for the same program before?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Thanks for the great news! Marshall should be a fine addition to the Duke basketball program.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Thanks much Watzone...Wooooohooo!!! THIS is a player I can get behind, welcome MP3!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Welcome aboard, MP3!

I suppose we were all hoping with fingers crossed. Fabulous news. Any more Plumlee-ets in the pipeline? Sisters? Cousins?
    OK, I am delighted and satisfied to have three. This is wonderful news. We are here waiting to greet you, Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    This is great news. Is this a first, have 3 brothers ever played for the same program before?
    Yup.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Which of his two brothers will he be playing with, if either? I can see one of them (take your pick) still here when he comes, but not all three at once. The possibility of him being the last and only Plumlee is there for him as a freshmen. I would love to see him play in tandem with either Mason or Miles though, it was a blast watching those two this year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Great news!

I hope this will keep Mason at Duke for at least three years so that all three can have the chance to play together.

Lately, I had been believing more and more that Marshall would commit to Duke, but you never know until they (player) actually commits. I feel alot better now.

WOW... and all of this after Coach K "lost focus" with Duke and getting "worn out" with USA basketball. We Duke fans have A LOT to look forward to

Congratulations and welcome to Marshall.

Congratulations to the Plumlee family, and thanks for their belief in and support of the Duke program. Perky and Leslie have raised some fine sons (and simplified their travel!).

MP1, MP2 and MP3 on the same team? Wow, that would really shake things up! Chances - well, a possibility. Too soon to tell - depends on what MP1 (with the new Zoubeard) and MP2 do this year -- a lot, I hope, because we need the big guys to be big. By the way, assuming MP1 keeps the beard, what chances we see an upside down "Marry Me, MP1" sign this year?

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    MP1, MP2 and MP3 on the same team? Wow, that would really shake things up! Chances - well, a possibility. Too soon to tell - depends on what MP1 (with the new Zoubeard) and MP2 do this year -- a lot, I hope, because we need the big guys to be big. By the way, assuming MP1 keeps the beard, what chances we see an upside down "Marry Me, MP1" sign this year?
    Haha, that's hilarious, and a definite possibility. Hopefully we will see all three play together, as that would be really special to Duke fans but more importantly to their parents. Welcome to Duke MP3!

lol it will be fun have 3 plumee

Someone tell Doc's son we have another rebounder waiting for him.

He hadn't even talked with his brothers when I got the news. I appreciate the family letting me know first. He's a great kid and he'll work his butt off at Duke. This was addition to Michael Gbinije and Tyler Adams and more is coming.

He hadn't even talked with his brothers when I got the news. I appreciate the family letting me know first. He's a great kid and he'll work his butt off at Duke. This was addition to Michael Gbinije and Tyler Adams and more is coming.
    Very cool. And thanks again for letting us in on the news so soon.

Thanks, watzone.

And feel free to elaborate on that last comment...

Woo-hoo! Welcome, Marshall!