Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

NBA Summer League

G had a solid game today, although the Bobcats barely won after leading by at least 16 points in the first half. Henderson finished with 20, and had some really nice looking shots fall. Gordon Hayward made his pro debut in that game with 8 points.

McBobs just got tossed out of his game against Orlando for getting in a scuffle with Daniel Orton. He had 10 points before he got heaved.

Zoubek and Thomas play tonight at 7. I don't pay any special fees for NBAtv, but I'm able to watch the games, so if you have it you should be able to watch.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

awesome man thanks for the heads up

Before his ejection, McBobs looked pretty impressive, knocking down threes, getting good rebounds. The only concern I have is that at times, he was just standing around the perimeter on offense, but I was still highly impressed.

Gerald Henderson definitely stood out in the Bobcats/Pacers game. His mid-range jump shot was falling and he was very active on defense. He also made some nice dishes. Impressed with him also.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    McBobs just got tossed out of his game against Orlando for getting in a scuffle with Daniel Orton. He had 10 points before he got heaved.
    i don't encourage fistacuffs, but....for some reason, i kinda like that...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    i don't encourage fistacuffs, but....for some reason, i kinda like that...
    It really wasn't anything, Daniel Orton started it and almost threw an elbow, Josh shoved some. Neither should've really gotten tossed out but I understand that they are trying to clean up the game.

Stephenson is looking pretty good at PG. I read an article that Bird is gonna try to play him at that position.

Orton was looking bad. I think he finished at 1-8 with 4 TOs.

I think that the games are also on nba.com...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    Stephenson is looking pretty good at PG. I read an article that Bird is gonna try to play him at that position.

Orton was looking bad. I think he finished at 1-8 with 4 TOs.

I think that the games are also on nba.com...
    Orton looked real bad, and getting ejected didn't help, but he doesn't have to worry about making the roster. He should worry about impressing though if he want's playing time.
    The games are available to watch online, but you have to pay $15. (Still not a bad price if you want to watch your Dukies)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Does anyone know who makes the choice to play for players that are currently on the team? McRoberts is obviously playing, and probably helping himself by playing, and Henderson can't do anything but help himself, he said so in a recent interview. Hansbrough isn't playing, and although he will get his NBA minutes, he could probably use the experience. (Maybe his ear still hurts.) So, do the coaching staff ask the players to play, or do the players request to be on the roster?

[QUOTE=McBobs just got tossed out of his game against Orlando for getting in a scuffle with Daniel Orton.QUOTE]

When does it stop? We value character so much but how did we let this one slip by? Daniel Orton is no saint but you have to stay away from guys like that. smh smh smh

Quote Originally Posted by Azdukefan View Post
    McBobs just got tossed out of his game against Orlando for getting in a scuffle with Daniel Orton.
    When does it stop? We value character so much but how did we let this one slip by? Daniel Orton is no saint but you have to stay away from guys like that. smh smh smh
    Really wasn't that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I liked how the announcers discussed it, one asked the other if it warranted an ejection. His response..."no." It was obviously worthy of the two T's, but shouldn't have ended the game for the players.

7:21...boston game running over...

NJ and Philly in close game. Zoubek is in game with 4 minutes left.

Philly puts it away at the end. Good minutes for Zoubs, but didn't see Lance.

Henderson is the Bobcat's leading scorer late with 19, but has gone cold in the closing minutes. They are down 5 with 2 to go.

Didn't see the end of the game, but saw that G and the Bobcats won today (G's statline: 21 pts, 8 rebs, 4 assists).

Quote Originally Posted by nicktonyg22 View Post
    Didn't see the end of the game, but saw that G and the Bobcats won today (G's statline: 21 pts, 8 rebs, 4 assists).
    They interviewed him after, he said he is there to work on all parts of his game, knowing that he will be playing heavy minutes. Said there are some really good offensive players there, so it's a good chance to work on his D, plus keep on his shot. He said he feels pretty fresh since he didn't play that much last year.

This link includes an end of game video and a clip of Gerald Henderson delivering an alley oop pass to Jeremy Pargo.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    This link includes an end of game video and a clip of Gerald Henderson delivering an alley oop pass to Jeremy Pargo.
    Thanks Bob. Gerald setup the chance for the game winner by getting to the line and sinking his two FT's with seconds to play. It was a fun game to watch, but I only caught the last 5 minutes. Zoubs is up later tonight.

McRoberts Vs. Zoubek!!! on NBATV. both look good so far.