Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dean Smith

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "Smith admitted he didn't invent the 4 Corners 40 years after the fact but whatever"

"admitted." Interesting choice of words.

How about "Dean Smith acknowledged he didn't invent the four corners every time the subject came up and never claimed otherwise? He tried to put the issue to rest in his memoirs but in vain, it seems."

And, for the record, he never claimed to have desegregated the ACC either. You've got to be paranoid or delusional to believe some of the nonsense I've seen on this thread.

I find this whole thing dispiriting and disheartening. A thread was started in good will expressing sympathy for a decent man in the throes of an awful medical crisis for which he will not recover. Before the methaphorical ink was dry on the OP, the thread by high-jacked by a small minority of posters who seem compelled to prove their Dukeness by showing how much they hate Dean Smith.

Just sad. IMO.
    Thank you, Jim. If there's a word for the day, it should be compassion.

"Smith admitted he didn't invent the 4 Corners 40 years after the fact but whatever"

How about "Dean Smith acknowledged he didn't invent the four corners every time the subject came up and never claimed otherwise? He tried to put the issue to rest in his memoirs but in vain, it seems."

And, for the record, he never claimed to have desegregated the ACC either. You've got to be paranoid or delusional to believe some of the nonsense I've seen on this thread.

I find this whole thing dispiriting and disheartening. A thread was started in good will expressing sympathy for a decent man in the throes of an awful medical crisis for which he will not recover. Before the methaphorical ink was dry on the OP, the thread by high-jacked by a small minority of posters who seem compelled to prove their Dukeness by showing how much they hate Dean Smith.

Just sad. IMO.
    1. He could have put the 4 corners issue to rest decades ago

2. Same on the intergration issue. He knew what was being said. He did exactly what to correct that gross inaccuracy? I know he wasn't shy about publicly revealing SAT scores of Duke players to prove that JR could "Reid" just as well as any Dukie

3. This thread went off the rails when some gave him credit for things he didn't do. God forbid someone correct the record regarding Dean Smith.

Just sad. IMO.
    Thanks for the post, Jim. This thread has wandered far enough, I think.

-jk