Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft

FSU has multiple players drafted, and Duke has zero players drafted. I'm not totally surprised that Zoubek didn't get drafted, but I thought Scheyer would go someplace in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    still got a couple to go, but when's the last time duke hasn't had a player drafted?
    Maybe the year DeMarcus Nelson left. I don't think anybody else left that year

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    FSU has multiple players drafted, and Duke has zero players drafted. I'm not totally surprised that Zoubek didn't get drafted, but I thought Scheyer would go someplace in the second round.
    but who's got the banner hangin' from the rafters

with one pick to go, zoubek is 3rd best player available according to chad ford

still got a couple to go, but when's the last time duke hasn't had a player drafted?
    When was the last time the National Champions didn't have someone drafted?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    Florida when all their main guys stayed?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    a better question indeed

with one pick to go, zoubek is 3rd best player available according to chad ford
    He was the "best center available" when the last 4 or 5 C's were drafted. hasn't helped so far.

57 by the pacers

Reid went 57th to Indiana... that and Ryan Hayward at #9, perhaps the worst draft picking in NBA history

57 by the pacers
    Saw that after I made my post, which I have since deleted.

I'm not surprised that neither Zoubek or Scheyer was drafted. Scheyer could end up making a lot more money in Israel than the NBA. Zoubek could be picked up by someone after the draft. The problem is that Zoubek and Scheyer are known players with known limitations (which we've all gone over a million times)... NBA teams love picking up unknown athletic Europeans with high potential in the 2nd round. Low risk, high reward.

good nite everyone is right. kinda surprised jon wasn't picked. guess the lack of athleticism really hurt him

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    Reid went 57th to Indiana... that and Ryan Hayward at #9, perhaps the worst draft picking in NBA history
    I think you meant Gordon, but that wasn't a bad pick at all.

I'm somewhat surprised that Scheyer and Z didn't get drafted. Z has his very obvious limitations.

I'm guessing Jon missing workouts with mono hurt him lots

One thing I really enjoyed about the NBA draft is that whenever an ACC player was selected, ESPN used footage from Duke games

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    I think you meant Gordon, but that wasn't a bad pick at all.

I'm somewhat surprised that Scheyer and Z didn't get drafted. Z has his very obvious limitations.

I'm guessing Jon missing workouts with mono hurt him lots
    I take back what I said. For some reason I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker that Gordon Hayward went to Indiana at #9. Nevermind, it was Utah. I think Utah took him to high... I think he could have went anywhere from 15-25 if they traded down. Oh well.

Im suprised Z didnt get drafted as well... but maybe he gets scooped up by a team in the next few days, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorns View Post
    I take back what I said. For some reason I thought I saw on the ESPN ticker that Gordon Hayward went to Indiana at #9. Nevermind, it was Utah. I think Utah took him to high... I think he could have went anywhere from 15-25 if they traded down. Oh well.

Im suprised Z didnt get drafted as well... but maybe he gets scooped up by a team in the next few days, who knows.
    I am hearing that Zoubs has a very good shot to be added to the Knick's summer league roster. They really like him.

I'd like for our seniors to get a shot, but the way I choose to look at this is that Krzyzewski won a title with no NBA draft picks, except maybe Singler next year. With one NBA draft pick? That's crazy.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    I'd like for our seniors to get a shot, but the way I choose to look at this is that Krzyzewski won a title with no NBA draft picks, except maybe Singler next year. With one NBA draft pick? That's crazy.
    Don't forget about Nolan. He's definitely at the worst a second-rounder next year.

Okay, so Ryan Reid was drafted - in the NBA draft, no less. Why would a team waste a draft pick, even a second round draft pick, on a mediocre rebounder and sub-mediocre scorer with average athleticism and below-average size?

I'm actually angry about this. I almost want to drive to Indianapolis, find someone in the Pacers' front office and punch them in the face for disrespecting the game with this pick.