Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010

When ESPN does a 40 for 40 in a decade, they will certainly do a documentary on what is shaping up as one of the greatest days of sports in WORLD HISTORY.

--Jason "so, what will be next? Stras pitches tonight - how about a no-no?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I hope Donovan doesn't kick the copy machine again. His second yellow will get him sent off.

Let's hope Federer is upset and Strasburg pitches a Perfect game, then it will really be a day for the ages.

EDIT: This day even has its little mini OJ event with LT getting charged for rape.

Adam_Schefter Might be time for ESPN to start shooting a new "30-for-30" series -- "June 23, 2010". A historic day in sports. And it's not over yet.
    2 minutes ago
    I didn't know Adam Schefter liked lurking in the off-topic DBR Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

When ESPN does a 40 for 40 in a decade, they will certainly do a documentary on what is shaping up as one of the greatest days of sports in WORLD HISTORY.
    Before today, I'd always been partial to October 15, 1988. In the afternoon, Notre Dame upsets #1 Miami 31-30 in South Bend (the "Catholics vs. Convicts" game). Later that night, gimpy Kirk Gibson goes yard against Dennis Eckersley with two out in the bottom of the ninth to give the Dodgers a 5-4 win over the A's in Game 1 of the World Series.

But those were purely U.S.-centric events. Today's noteworthy events have been on international/world stages, which I think makes them even bigger deals.

Does the Isner vs Mahut match at Wimbledon count for today or for the day it ends?

They've already broken the record for longest match with the score currently being 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(9-7) 6-7(3-7), 59-59.

Yes, that's 59-59 in the fifth when it was suspended due to darkness so the match won't end until tomorrow (at the earliest).

"To infinity... and beyond." - Buzz Lightyear

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Does the Isner vs Mahut match at Wimbledon count for today or for the day it ends?

They've already broken the record for longest match with the score currently being 4-6, 6-3, 7-6(9-7) 6-7(3-7), 59-59.

Yes, that's 59-59 in the fifth when it was suspended due to darkness so the match won't end until tomorrow (at the earliest).

"To infinity... and beyond." - Buzz Lightyear
    I went to Wimbledon and a cricket match broke out.