Thread: DBR Problems

Unhappy DBR Problems

DBR keeps freezing up on me. When it happened a few times over the weekend at my home I figured it was my computer (a virtual antique at 9 years old). However, it continues on my machine at work, which is state-of-the-art, with very strong tech support.

Anybody else having this problem? It is irritating enough that I'm simply going to quit reading or posting for a while, but will check back in to see if there are any responses to this thread.

I haven't had any problems *recently* like what you're describing, but I did once upon a time. I believe it had to do with certain ads that were running through the cycle at the top & right of the page. Maybe it's the same thing happening again? Just a thought.

I have had NO problems with DBR for many months.

Same here. No problems at home or work in the recent past.

I have completely different set-ups at home and at work. Coincidence? I think not. The only explanation is that DBR hates me.

No problems here on firefox. I'll try at home on Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    I have completely different set-ups at home and at work. Coincidence? I think not. The only explanation is that DBR hates me.
    I guess you better go eat some worms.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    Nah, not DBR, just all the posters.

You're using a nine-year old computer? Yikes. What's that in dog years?

Don't you have a birthday once a year or so? An anniversary? Got to be an excuse to get something newer.

You have my permission. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

Don't you have a birthday once a year or so? An anniversary? Got to be an excuse to get something newer.

The chips have probably turned back into sand...

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

An IBM ThinkCentre. A great machine. I'm convinced it will last forever. Fortunately my son-in-law is an IT professional, so while it is technically 9 years old it has been kept pretty up-to-date.

By the way, I drive a 1994 Volvo 850 with 213,000 miles on it.

Problems

I have a new computer, running Windows 7, and DBR always loads so slowly that I'm thinking about replacing it as my homepage. It's the adds that load slowly ... I keep seeing that Google Click or something like that is downloading, and the progress bar shows a stall. It's frustrating because I cannot navigate away from the DBR front page until it's done.
    No soup for you!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    I have a new computer, running Windows 7, and DBR always loads so slowly that I'm thinking about replacing it as my homepage. It's the adds that load slowly ... I keep seeing that Google Click or something like that is downloading, and the progress bar shows a stall. It's frustrating because I cannot navigate away from the DBR front page until it's done.
    That is exactly what I experience - not all the time, but at least 1/3 of the time I am on DBr. At least I now know it is not just me!

If anyone can give me very specific points where it pauses, we can look into it. Please include your browser and version.

thanks,

-jk