Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Murphy

Alex Murphy

I am new to this site and didn't see any threads about this. Sorry if there was a thread and I just missed it.

There is a rumor going around by a few people that Alex Murphy is going to sign with Duke.

The RecruitScoop tweeted
    "Check out this premium Scout.com piece which entails Coach K's pitch to Alex Murphy '12. It looks like a done deal at http://bit.ly/d8UYQ5"

I am not able to read it since I am not a premium member but it seems we may be getting another great future duke player

RoboCop?

I knew Nate was a B.A. recruiter, but this is a whole new level.

An hour later the same guy tweeted:

Dont think to soon. RT @CLykinsBlog: @TheRecruitScoop Do you believe Alex Murphy will be committing to Duke anytime in the very near future?
    http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop

So, doesn't look like it's a done deal. For those who don't know and don't feel like looking it up, Alex Murphy is a 6'8" rising junior (junior in the fall) from MA listed as a SF by scout. He's been offered by AZ, UConn, Wake, Indiana, GT, Florida, and us among others.

Holy cow...Rivals has him at 18 offers already!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Murphy-102115

That's a lot of offers...especially for somebody who just finished (or will soon be finishing) his sophomore year of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    An hour later the same guy tweeted:

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop

So, doesn't look like it's a done deal. For those who don't know and don't feel like looking it up, Alex Murphy is a 6'8" rising junior (junior in the fall) from MA listed as a SF by scout. He's been offered by AZ, UConn, Wake, Indiana, GT, Florida, and us among others.

Holy cow...Rivals has him at 18 offers already!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...-Murphy-102115

That's a lot of offers...especially for somebody who just finished (or will soon be finishing) his sophomore year of high school.
    He never necessarily says he isn't a Duke lock, just that he probably wont commit anytime soon.

Kyle Singler much?

Adam Morrison

murphy

I'm not going to knock the guy, but I would be careful about throwing the Kyle Singler/Adam Morrison comparisons around.

At about the same stage in his career, a lot of people were projecting Duke as the leader for Murophy's older briother Erik, who was a similarly rated prospect.

In the end when lost him to Florida ... and ended up getting Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly instead -- and both ended up as higher rated players. The elder Murphy had similar numbers to Kelly -- although I would argue that it was harder to crack Duke's frontcourt rotation than Florida's ... we'll see how they stack up in the future, but in hindsight, we were better off NOT getting an early commitment from Erik Murphy.

If Alex Murphy commits, great ... but let's not inflate this guy into something he's not.

I think Duke leads for Murphy but where does this done deal stuff come from?

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Well I would say that if you don't know, then it really isn't a done deal after all!

I know this was rhetorical, but I believe it came from a post from an "insider" on UConn's premium scout message board. No idea who he was or what he said though.

One thing that is becoming obvious is that people seem to pay heed to anything they read with concerns to recruiting these days. It was evident during this weekends NBAPA Camp where I was asked if quite a few things were ture with concerns to DBB Recruiting and almost everything I was asked about made me snicker, but our of respect, I kept a straight face. Murphy may well make a decison in short time for he certainly likes Duke, but it's the first I have heard of a done deal. Let's face it, recruitniks hang on every word true or false these days. Anybody with a twitter account or a posting name can get some web burn by simply mentioning a name. ... a lot of experts with few credentials these days ... I'm afraid it'll only get worse.

One thing that is becoming obvious is that people seem to pay heed to anything they read with concerns to recruiting these days. It was evident during this weekends NBAPA Camp where I was asked if quite a few things were ture with concerns to DBB Recruiting and almost everything I was asked about made me snicker, but our of respect, I kept a straight face. Murphy may well make a decison in short time for he certainly likes Duke, but it's the first I have heard of a done deal. Let's face it, recruitniks hang on every word true or false these days. Anybody with a twitter account or a posting name can get some web burn by simply mentioning a name. ... a lot of experts with few credentials these days ... I'm afraid it'll only get worse.
    Yeah!

Until I read it on the Bleacher Report, its just gossip!

BTW I hear you can catch some nasty STDs from words on the streets

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Until I read it on the Bleacher Report, its just gossip!
    And after you read it on Bleacher Report, it gets upgraded to "baseless speculation."

Depends on who's word and which street. Some are, uh, safer than others.

If you don't wear condoms on your ears, you could get hearing aids.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    I did NOT want to laugh at that, I really didn't.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    I did NOT want to laugh at that, I really didn't.
    It's ok I laughed out loud, hard. Now that was funny, I don't care who you are...

Quote of he day.

Good one! I appreciate the laugh this morning. Thanks.

One thing that is becoming obvious is that people seem to pay heed to anything they read with concerns to recruiting these days... Let's face it, recruitniks hang on every word true or false these days. Anybody with a twitter account or a posting name can get some web burn by simply mentioning a name. ... a lot of experts with few credentials these days ... I'm afraid it'll only get worse.
    This is about the same thing that can be said about people who get excited about the latest youtube video of a guy. Videos only show the highlights and not the low lights. So when people see the highlights they get excited. People on this site were high on Czyz and King because of their videos. It is good to see that they worked out.

If the speaker has seen the guys first hand on multiple outings I think they can speak to fact, otherwise you are nothing but a rumor monger and that is sad. You guys didn't like it when rumors were flying about Coach K and the Cleveland job, don't do the same.