Brian Zoubek in Denver!

Had one of the cooler experience of my life this evening. Unlike some of you lucky posters from out east I live in Lincoln Nebraska far away from my team. Well I happen to be on my first anniversary in downtown Denver well my wife and I were out walking enojoying the evening when we happen to run into Zoubek. He is a mountain and not easy to miss. Well I just happen to be wearing my favorite Duke hat and of course he noticed and his friends that he was with smiled as we staired with out mouth's wide open. Needless to say he is incredibly nice! He signed my hat and told me he has a work out with Nugg's tomorrow. I have to admit that I am not a Nugg's fan, but I would follow them if Zoubek was drafted by them. Lets all hope that his workout goes well! Nice to see quality individuals being turned out by the Duke program!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    Had one of the cooler experience of my life this evening. Unlike some of you lucky posters from out east I live in Lincoln Nebraska far away from my team. Well I happen to be on my first anniversary in downtown Denver well my wife and I were out walking enojoying the evening when we happen to run into Zoubek. He is a mountain and not easy to miss. Well I just happen to be wearing my favorite Duke hat and of course he noticed and his friends that he was with smiled as we staired with out mouth's wide open. Needless to say he is incredibly nice! He signed my hat and told me he has a work out with Nugg's tomorrow. I have to admit that I am not a Nugg's fan, but I would follow them if Zoubek was drafted by them. Lets all hope that his workout goes well! Nice to see quality individuals being turned out by the Duke program!
    That's awesome! Thanks for sharing your run in.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That is pretty cool! I hope he does well with his workout too. Honestly, it would be awesome to see Zoubs in any NBA uni considering where his game was at a few years ago. Its good that he is getting attention.

I have had a few run ins of late myself as well. I saw Shavlik Randolph at the Wells Street Art Festival here in Chicago. I was on my bike at the time so I yelled "Shavlik Randolph!" and he turned and waived as I rode by. A week later I saw Corey Maggette at Midway Airport as I just entered from security. I caught him before he exited and I managed to get him to sign a business card of mine (I didn't have anything else )

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    That is pretty cool! I hope he does well with his workout too. Honestly, it would be awesome to see Zoubs in any NBA uni considering where his game was at a few years ago. Its good that he is getting attention.

I have had a few run ins of late myself as well. I saw Shavlik Randolph at the Wells Street Art Festival here in Chicago. I was on my bike at the time so I yelled "Shavlik Randolph!" and he turned and waived as I rode by. A week later I saw Corey Maggette at Midway Airport as I just entered from security. I caught him before he exited and I managed to get him to sign a business card of mine (I didn't have anything else )
    Good to hear that things appear to be looking up for you! Hang in there, sounds like you have an outgoing personality and will make new friends pretty easily.

A funny little story about Karl and Zoubs I ran across:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/sport...season/1104023

"funny" like..."ha ha" or "funny" like..."george karl is still a major tool" funny?

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    "funny" like..."ha ha" or "funny" like..."george karl is still a major tool" funny?
    A little of both.

did they ever figure out who ordered the "code red" on Jules?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post

Cool! I hope Zou had a great workout and shut him up!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post

I hope Zoubs told him "I'd rather be lucky and win the NCAA Championship than take 2nd in the NIT post season tournament."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I hope Zoubs told him "I'd rather be lucky and win the NCAA Championship than take 2nd in the NIT post season tournament."
    Actually Zoubs should have said that UNC got lucky also. The should have lost in the semis of the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    Crap ... I was too slow ... When I read the Karl half-witticism, I wanted to use:

However, I was beaten to the punch!!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Could be worse. You could end your career the way Karl did:

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Could be worse. You could end your career the way Karl did:

I wish Zoubs had pointed that out! Poor Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by G man View Post
    ...when we happen to run into Zoubek.
    I hope that wasn't literal because Zoubs is hard!