ESPN3 on Xbox360

Announced at the E3 show, ESPN3.com is coming to XBox Live.

With the recent ACC-ESPN deal, this is pretty big news for an ACC hoops or football fans. In theory, you'll be able to see any ACC game on your TV via your Xbox (many in HD) no matter if it's not on ESPN, ESPN2, or broadcast locally. This may be a bigger deal for people outside NC as I am.

I'm especially psyched for watching Vandy football games (I'm a masochist), without using a laptop or ESPN Gameplan.

p.s. - they used the Duke-UNC game as an example of what kind of content will be available.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Announced at the E3 show, ESPN3.com is coming to XBox Live.

With the recent ACC-ESPN deal, this is pretty big news for an ACC hoops or football fans. In theory, you'll be able to see any ACC game on your TV via your Xbox (many in HD) no matter if it's not on ESPN, ESPN2, or broadcast locally. This may be a bigger deal for people outside NC as I am.

I'm especially psyched for watching Vandy football games (I'm a masochist), without using a laptop or ESPN Gameplan.

p.s. - they used the Duke-UNC game as an example of what kind of content will be available.
    As someone with Xbox Live (blazindw is the gamertag if someone wants to get ran at FIFA or another game ), this is awesome. Here in DC we got just about every single game, but for those that are on Raycom or something that I can get on ESPN3, it'll be cool to load it up on my 360 to show on my TV.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

When Microsoft unveiled this feature at their E3 press conference yesterday, they naturally had clips from ESPN to show in their montage. There was a Duke-UNC clip from this past year. Thought it was going to be one of the 100 awesome duke plays during the demolition, but no, it was ed davis having an early dunk in the @UNC game.

So as soon as they bring this to the PS3 it will actually be useful. Good looking out ACC and ESPN. Every Duke game is televised locally (except Richmond and exhibitions last year) so it wont be a huge deal. Still cool though.

I think it is pretty cool. I can see where anyone who does not have XBOX Live will not think anything special about it though. Since I have it, then I plan to use it to catch more Duke Football games and when Duke Basketball games get interrupted when a game goes long on the same channel that the next game is coming on. My internet provider does not offer the ESPN3 so this is great news to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue1206 View Post
    My internet provider does not offer the ESPN3 so this is great news to me!!
    Sorry, it will only work if your ISP gets ESPN3.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Sad Trombone

The PS3 did something similar for MLB.TV recently, which is beyond fantastic. I'm on TWC and seriously bummed about ESPN3.com not being eligible, and had my hopes that I might get a shot to watch on my son's xbox, but alas it appears it isn't.

Well that is a bummer but I am hoping that by August that AT&T DSL is going to be available in my area and they allow for the ESPN3 cause my Road Runner does not. It may be that long before this XBOX and ESPN deal is even available to us. Has anyone read or heard when it will be available?