Candidate lies about his heroic death?

http://www.theonion.com/articles/can...in-viet,17600/

I hope this doesn't come across as a forbidden political post (since politicos on both sides of the aisle have been caught recently exaggerating their military credentials), but I thought this piece from the Onion was too funny to pass up.

The mods can delete if if they think it's off-base, but if you read it -- whether Liberal or Conservative -- I think it will give you a laugh.

PS Their interactive guide to the world cup (which links from the article I linked) is also a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/can...in-viet,17600/

I hope this doesn't come across as a forbidden political post (since politicos on both sides of the aisle have been caught recently exaggerating their military credentials), but I thought this piece from the Onion was too funny to pass up.

The mods can delete if if they think it's off-base, but if you read it -- whether Liberal or Conservative -- I think it will give you a laugh.

PS Their interactive guide to the world cup (which links from the article I linked) is also a hoot!
    That was an absolute classic. Thanks for sharing. The front page video story about soccer coming out of the closet is also very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post

The front page video story about soccer coming out of the closet is also very funny.
    I had to watch that one a couple of times to pick up on everything.

Sportscaster #2: We saw in the early 1990s when soccer tried to project an overly macho image, headlined by Alexi Lalas.

Sportscaster #1: Well, in retrospect it's obvious that soccer was just overcompensating.

Sportscaster #2: Yeah, it wasn't until David Beckham came along that soccer started to edge its way out of the closet.

The blurbs on the chiron at the bottom of the screen also were pretty funny:

"Soccer Wildly Popular In Gay Places Like Florida And Spain."

"Precedent Set By Baseball Admitting Bunts Were Gay In 2007."

And to bring this back on topic, check out the report entitled "Kentucky Violated NCAA Rules While Recruiting Basketball-Playing Dog."

Link.

"He's also a tenacious rebounder. When he's on the floor, he's thinking one thing: 'Go get the ball! Get it!'"