Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    Greg Newton - Thanks for the link. However, I don't put much weight behind an opinion that's posted in the context of winning an argument. Nowhere have I seen coach K say what his starting lineup will be. Once someone shows me that, I will stand corrected. As of now, opinions are nothing more than opinions regardless of the source. The facts will be determined during the season. Until then I will continue to give my opinions, wait for the second half of the season to come around, then see if my predictions come to fruition.

As far as this topic goes, from now on I will post my lineup predictions in the big or small thread where they belong. Sorry board.

I look forward to seeing any additional links on how the camp went.
    I'll point out that Jim Sumner has more, and better, sources and qualifications than almost every member of this board.

-jk

jk

Just to clarify, I am not dismissing anyone's qualifications nor their history of reporting accurate info. I do however think that coach K is the bottom line when it comes to all things Duke basketball. When HE says what the regular lineup will be, then all will be put to rest. The rest is just speculation. I don't think that last years' end of season rotation was what coach K expected at the start of that season either. Just like all coaches, he too adjusts to things on the fly sometimes.

The minutes distribution will probably fluctuate for most of the guys in the first half of the season. I'm mainly speculating as to what I think will be the reality (small lineup) in the later part of the season. I don't doubt that Jim is very reliable (I trust the members that he is) when it comes to these things, but if coach doesn't know what the future will bring, no one else can either.

I'm not doing very well staying on topic here huh.
    Sorry, I get suckered in whenever it seems like a response is warranted. I do love a good hearted debate of opinions with fellow dukies, even though I do seem to be in the really small minority on this issue. I guess it's a good way to kill time between seasons.

Actually your opinion other than the wisdom of sparring with Jim Sumner, that Duke will play very small is shared by many.

Fact of the matter though is that there will be no single either/or formation and Duke will play all of the above based on the situation, sometimes by design and sometimes by necessity for example when Plumlees pick up cheap fouls or one is injured hopefully just for part of a game.

With an oversupply of guards and a no room for error number of forwards, the smaller lineups many favor will happen. The Duke depth among PF/C is now almost identical to UNC with addition of Knox and McAdoo as neither necessarily wants to play Singler or Barnes at PF but would have the ability to do so if that is what is best for the team.

The other ACC teams are configured such that it is not impossible to play the two talented seniors Smith and Singler a positon numbered one higher than their individual best position of 2 for Smith and 3 for Singler to make room for 2 prime (or primo) Curry and PT for Dawkins.

So it is up to Ryan Kelly to make that the second preferred option as both Plumlees will each get PT at center anyway as fouls mount, and to catch their breath in up tempo style.

CP3 Camp Drills (including Seth, Kyle, Nolan, cp3, and Steph Curry)

You guys saw some game action, here is over 3 and a half minutes worth of drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBNQYzQuh4

When I opened this thread I was afraid that all I'd find would be bleach report style fan fawning. But there have been some great links here. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    You guys saw some game action, here is over 3 and a half minutes worth of drills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBNQYzQuh4
    Lots of Singler and Nolan in there. Didn't see much of Seth. Actually, I recall seeing more of Stephen Curry than Seth. Good video though

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Lots of Singler and Nolan in there. Didn't see much of Seth. Actually, I recall seeing more of Stephen Curry than Seth. Good video though
    Well we already know that Seth was impressive from all accounts of the cp3 camp. i think it was good to see Nolan and Kyle working on their handles and agility. Specifically, it looks like Nolan's ball handling skills have improved. We might see him giving Kyrie some possessions off at the point (not only helping Kyrie and the team but also improving his draft status by proving to NBA scouts that he can play the point).