Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CP3 Camp Reports

Get 'em Seth...Get 'em!!!!

Go get 'em Kyle, Nolan and Seth! Next season is going to be really fun!
    The camp is filled with some of the top talent in both the college ranks and high school, with Duke stars Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith and incoming transfer Seth Curry all working their way through the drills. Kyle Singler and Harrison Barnes are forwards taking on a point guard skills camp, an attempt to constantly improve and push themselves. Singler works doggedly through the drills, exerting an effort that would set an example to the high school players just across the gym – if they weren’t so focused on surviving the drills themselves.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Anyone know why Irving and Dawkins didn't go?

By the way thanks for the info airowe...

This is awesome! Def some high words for Singler and Seth. Cant wait to hear how Barnes vs. Singler match up Wish Kyrie was there though. Id love for him to go agains CP3

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Very encouraging.

[Seth Curry] showed his NBA range jumper and played some lock-down defense on [Chris Paul ] at CP3 Camp tonight.

Reply Retweet . Kyle Singler and Seth Curry looking great for Duke. 2 of the best guys here. Some great ACC matchups here.

Reply Retweet . Seth Curry just stripped Chris Paul. Good D.

Reply Retweet . Kyle Singler just scored on Chris Paul and Seth Curry back to back.
    Interesting that in sprints, HBarnes was the fastest of the 17 players.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Anyone know why Irving and Dawkins didn't go?

By the way thanks for the info airowe...
    Kyrie is in Texas for USA tryouts (he picked us over Australia, his birth country), but not sure about Andre. I believe you have to get invited.

TheHoopsReport In this foot race, Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith and Brandon Triche were the fastest.

Reading the twitter reports, whoo-hoo for Kyle, Seth, and Nolan. Whoever has been saying Kyle and Nolan "are what they are" (and thus probably won't improve much between their junior and senior years) may be in for a surprise.

It sounds like HB is the real deal, though. In addition to winning a four court length foot race, he was one of the top four in a dribbling drill (as well as Nolan and also Kendall Marshall), and one guy said, "Harrison barnes jump shot is indefensible for a guard, you just have to hope he misses." (Of course, the good news for us is we won't be defending him with a guard.) If McAdoo decides to come early, then reports of UNC's demise may have been premature.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    TheHoopsReport In this foot race, Kemba Walker, Nolan Smith and Brandon Triche were the fastest.
    That sounds about right. I would say that Kemba is the fastest player, end-to-end, with the basketball in the country.

Nice little piece of info about KI being born in Australia. I did a little digging (for the common poster, I'm sure airowe already knew) and he was born in Australia while his Dad (Drederick) was playing professional basketball there.

"After trying out with the Celtics in 1988, he spent a year in Melbourne, Australia with the Bulleen Bombers and averaged more than 38 points. Kyrie was born down under before returning stateside to Seattle and then to his father's roots in the Mitchell Houses of the South Bronx."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0qf73hiQc

I'm impressed that Duke had three players there...did any team have more? I'm ESPECIALLY impressed that Kyle Singler went...his passion to improve his game is awesome.

There no way that Seth Curry will not play a major role for this team. I have said this from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    There no way that Seth Curry will not play a major role for this team. I have said this from the beginning.
    And nobody has disagreed with you (on that issue). What people do disagree with you about are your contentions that Seth will start and that Kyrie, Nolan, and Seth will be on the court together for long periods of time. He can still play a major role without either of those predictions coming true.
    Last edited by JBDuke; 06-13-2010 at 01:22 AM. Reason: deleted portion addressing posts that have been moved

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I AGREE with him. Kyrie, Nolan, and Seth will be on the court together for SIGNIFICANT periods of time.
    Well, I usually agree with you, BD, and it may be we're parsing the word "significant" (I expect, for example, those three to be used in short spurts for 5 or so minutes a game -- as much as 10 minutes would surprise me -- to press full court or trap half court), but Kyrie, Nolan, and Seth can only be on the floor together if one of them can guard the other team's "3," and that's going to be very difficult in most of our ACC games and probably most games against top 25 opponents (the exception being a team like Butler). For example, when we play UNC, which of them would guard Harrison Barnes? Against Florida State, who would guard Singleton?

(I apologize to all for, once again, perpetuating this discussion. Whoever said every single thread seems to devolve into a minutes discussion appears to be right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    (I apologize to all for, once again, perpetuating this discussion. Whoever said every single thread seems to devolve into a minutes discussion appears to be right.)
    'Tis the offseason...

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, I usually agree with you, BD, and it may be we're parsing the word "significant" (I expect, for example, those three to be used in short spurts for 5 or so minutes a game -- as much as 10 minutes would surprise me -- to press full court or trap half court), but Kyrie, Nolan, and Seth can only be on the floor together if one of them can guard the other team's "3," and that's going to be very difficult in most of our ACC games and probably most games against
    You don't seem to be understanding the concept here.3-point shooting is the biggest weapon in basketball. Pressure man-to-man is going to wreak havoc. the Plumlees aren't effective tandem yet. Nolan Smith CAN guard the SF position due to his length. I could name a zillion reasons why your argument just doesn't hold weight but I won't.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    You don't seem to be understanding the concept here.3-point shooting is the biggest weapon in basketball. Pressure man-to-man is going to wreak havoc. the Plumlees aren't effective tandem yet. Nolan Smith CAN guard the SF position due to his length. I could name a zillion reasons why your argument just doesn't hold weight but I won't.
    Well let's hear them, because I have provided actual data and rational arguments/data points numerous times in other threads as to why Seth, Nolan, and Kyrie will not be on the floor together for "signigficant" minutes putting Kyle at the 4.

Yet, all you throw out in defense are things like"

-"Because I just know these things"
    - "K favors 3 guard line ups"
    - "3 guard line ups are more effective"
    - "Seth is the best player on the team"

If you can provide actual data points and facts to back that up to go along personal opinion, I would love to see it. In fact I think it is time we have a thread on this to keep all of the discussion on this in that thread and out of other ones. I believe I will start one...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    With the same players and the same incoming freshman class, but that won't be the case with Mich State. Chris Allen has already been reported as considering transfering and according to Delvon Roe's father Allen was not at the player's meeting where Izzo spoke to the team about the Cavs job and also hasn't been attending workouts. Delvon Roe's father also told ESPN that he would advise his son to tranfer if Izzo left. It will also be hard to keep the four-man recruiting class if Izzo leaves.

Sources:

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...zzo_hasnt.html

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/featu.../date/20100611
    what does this have to do with the cp3 camp? anyone have updates from today?

I opened this thread trying to get some tidbits on how they guys are playing today instead i have to sift through 100 posts debating the line-up for next year. seems like threads always endup morphing into topics like: harrison barnes, line-ups, how good will UNC be, etc. I know someone is gonna say "let the mods do their job"... okay but till then lets attempt to stay on topic on our own...

and some words from Kyle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQcT67FBz0