Hayes and Scheyer

The following link was written by the color man for the Terps, Chris Knoche. It describes Eric Hayes chasing the dream of getting a chance in the NBA. I post it here on DBR because it mentions that he roomed and worked out with Jon Scheyer during one of his stops.

http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/chris_knoche

I don't think that Hayes has any chance of being drafted or making the 24-second league through the non-drafted route. Of course, I figured that Duhon and Blake would be playing their post-college basketball in Europe. Actually, remembering the young women of Italy, France, Spain, the Netherlands and Germany when I visited Europe many years ago, I think that it would be a blast to be young and play pro basketball in Europe.

gw67

Actually, I think Hayes has a very good chance to catch on with an NBA team. He has a better handle than many believe, and a killer outside shot. He was stifled by the focus on GV... but was always tough on us... and others.

if Hayes makes it, then Scheyer will mos def make it. sure, Hayes has a fine shot, but he never struck me as being able to (chanelling the Wayans Brothers) "show them some nutha stuff, show them some nutha stuff"...