The MLB Trade Deadline Thread.

Alright, I thought I would make one of these since we are in June and more and more rumors will begin to come up. Post and dicuss potential trades and actul rumors in here..

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Alright, I thought I would make one of these since we are in June and more and more rumors will begin to come up. Post and dicuss potential trades and actul rumors in here.
    It's a very interesting time in San Diego. The Padres are playing way better than expected and the quality and depth of the pitching staff suggests that it might not be a mirage. Staying in contention probably means that Adrian Gonzalez stays put and that's largely a great thing. He's a fabulous player (he averaged 36 HRs and 106 RBI over the past three seasons in a pitchers' park and in a line-up where he sees a decent pitch about once a series; plus he's a Gold Glover) and a local native, so we really want him here. But we also recognize that he's not likely to be here after next season because the Pads won't be able to afford him. Dealing him this year would bring a much higher price, so...

To a lesser extent and without the local angle, the same could be said for Heath Bell.