Duke Athletic Surplus Sale

I see that the Duke Athletic department is going to hold a "surplus yard sale" next weekend. I would love to pick up something for my daughter's upcoming birthday

Is there any DBR board member that could check it out and make a purchase on my behalf (driving 500 miles for a sale is a bit crazy) if there truly are some good buys there (it would likely mean communicating back and forth via cell phone / email on Friday)

We'd figure out how to make sure you're good on funds, pay for the shipping, and will do something appropriate to thank you for your time/effort (from donate to charity to outright hire you to be there (if you're a student looking for cash for an hour of your time)

The Duke University Athletics Department will hold its first-ever surplus yard sale Friday, June 11 and Saturday, June 12 in the Card Gym (next to Cameron Indoor Stadium). Fans of all ages are invited to purchase Blue Devil apparel and footwear at discounted prices.

Items for sale include t-shirts, polos, shorts, sweatshirts, warm-up pants, sneakers and cleats. All items, except for game-worn jerseys, are brand-new; most of which is still in packaging with tags attached.

Sizes Available
    Women's Apparel: X Small - Large
    Men's Apparel: Small - 4X Large, Tall Lengths Available
    Footwear - Women's Size 6 - Men's Size 13

Schedule
    Friday, June 11: 11am - 6pm
    Saturday, June 12: 8am - 4pm (or when all items are sold)

*Cash, checks and credit cards will be accepted.

**All sales are final. No exchanges or returns.

***All quantities in all sizes of all items are limited. First come, first serve.

Parking available in Whitford Parking Lot off of Science Drive.

Wow, that is awesome. I still have my practice shirts from school, and they are FLAWLESS. Those things are soft as hell and can survive anything.

Would love to get some stuff if not for the 900 miles between me and NC. Sounds like a helluva deal

Wow. First-ever, huh? And I might be there - Saturday at least (my daughter is going to Duke TIP starting Sunday).

Regrettably (?), I had just bought my son a pair of size 11 Nike Air Max Go basketball shoes in black/"Varsity Royal"/metallic silver. Awesome looking, esp. with his Duke #3 away uniform. Imagine if I could get him something that a Duke player breathed on... ;-)

Still looking for someone going to the sale on Friday morning who would be willing to help out a fellow Dukie. Send me a private message - we'll figure out how to send you the money in advance and make it worth your while to spend an hour looking and shopping

Looking for the "it" gift for my daughters birthday and either game worn or "genuine" team wear from one of her sports would be a "you're the greatest dad" kind of thing.

Thanks !

Did anyone go to this? What sort of things were they selling? Any team issue jerseys, shorts, warmups? Any great finds?

I went on Saturday, the second day. Most of the L and XL items were sold out. They had lots of athletic shorts and shirts. Jerseys from football, soccer, basetball. Lots of cleats. I got a very nice blue athletic polo with Duke and a swoosh on the breast for $15. They had things like windbreakers and warmup pants.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I went on Saturday, the second day. Most of the L and XL items were sold out. They had lots of athletic shorts and shirts. Jerseys from football, soccer, basetball. Lots of cleats. I got a very nice blue athletic polo with Duke and a swoosh on the breast for $15. They had things like windbreakers and warmup pants.
    I went Friday morning. Lines to check out were HUMONGOUS and I didn't have time to stand in them! They stretched the length of the gym. Good thing they opened a cash only line that "only" took me 15 minutes to check out. They had a nice selection of XXL stuff that early - good thing most of our athletes are pretty big people! Sizes went up to 4XL. Of course, I didn't used to be a 2X person, but as someone recently told me, I've "grown" from running back to lineman size in the last few years ...

I got what I call new "game day shirts" - golf/polo shirts with "Duke Basketball" on the chest, shirts in Duke Blue (2), Navy Blue and Duke White , an unlined Duke Blue wind breaker that says "Duke", and a "3 in 1" winter parka jacket in Duke Black (???) that has a Duke Basketball logo on it (Iron Duke "D" with a basketball in the middle, and it says "Basketball" under the D).
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I also went Friday morning and got there 10 minutes till, thinking I was there early, but passing people with bags full on the quad. It was hotter than Hades in there (WHY?!?!?? have it in the only non-airconditioned bldg?) and the lines were insane. Apparently, according to a newspaper interview, more people showed than expected. I bought a bunch of tees for $5 each, "dri-weave" tees, a pullover jacket with "Duke Tennis" on it for $15, a bunch of adidas Duke soccer scarves for $2 each (Christmas presents), adidas Duke soccer tobaggan hats for $3 each, a Duke baseball jersey, some uni shorts that had been worn but are still cool, and two pairs of Duke Croc flipflops for $10 each. Good deals, and I did not even see everything they had, it was kind of overwhelming especially when you factor in the crowds and heat. A lot of athletic shoes for $40, a lot of sweats and jerseys (baseball, football, and lacrosse) and practice bball jerseys. The jerseys were all $20 each.

Got a chunk of my Christmas shopping done. And I LOVE my croc flops!