Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
Seth will be a great player, but best on the team? A couple of likely Preseason All-Americans might have something to say about that. We're lucky to have some strong Senior leadership, what looks to be a somewhat deep rotation, excellent outside shooting, and a couple of very athletic post players. And a pretty good coach as well.
I'm in agreement with this. I'm excited about Seth, but transfer hype tends to get overly inflated (remember the chatter about Dahntay?). He still has to prove he's more than a volume shooter... can he create for himself and others, finsh at the rim, see the floor well, pester guards mercilessly on defense? I think he'll be great for us eventually, but I don't think he'll be on Kyle and Nolan's level right away. It will be interesting to see if he creates some murmers about the starting PG spot early in the season though, if he comes out hot and Kyrie goes through an early frosh slump.

I think Josh and Ryan are the two biggest wildcards. I honestly believe Ryan has the potential to be a 20+ ppg All-America type if he ever gets the kind of confidence playing at the college level as he did at the high school level. I mean yeah, he's a smart player and good passer, but dude could straight up ball in HS... we're talking crossing guards up so bad they'd fall over, catching alley oops and dunking on people, not to mention a very soft touch on an unblockable jump shot. He was nowhere close to it last year, but if he ever finds that comfort zone again, watch out.

Josh is even more of an unknown since he's a frosh, but seems to be very polished offensively - seems like he could put up points in bunches. I wonder how well he'll be able to defend 3's and 4's, respectively? I see him having an Andre-of-last-year-like role.

Speaking of Andre, he'll also be really interesting to watch. If he can get his body and handle in shape, he could add "slasher" to his game thanks to his athletic ability. I can't wait to see how his first real summer at Duke changes his game.

As for the starters... we pretty much known what is hoped and expected from them, so I hope they're up to the task. Here's hoping the Plums can really take the mantle from LT and Z like their teammates are saying they will.